• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling 64x MSVS 2012 - Missing Lua5.1, nearly completes compiling!

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so I know I'm doing something right; my libs/includes folders are linked, TFS SDK is added so I can compile 32x with ease, no errors. But when I flip over to 64x, remember this is all on MSVS 2012 which freely includes 64x compiling. I get an error telling me "cannot open input file 'lua5.1.lib'"

Compiling "Debug | Win32" with tool preset v100 (Visual Studio 2010) on MSVC:

1> tfs.vcxproj -> C:\Users\#######\Documents\Compiling\Projects\trunk.r5934\vc10\Debug\tfs.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, no errors at all and it produced an .exe that is useable. Now,

Compiling "Debug | x64" with tool preset v110 (Visual Studio 2012, has to be set to v110 to compile 64x from my understanding):

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'lua5.1.lib'
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Error 1 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'lua5.1.lib' C:\Users\#######\Documents\Compiling\Projects\trunk.r5934\vc10\LINK tfs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It gets all the way until the point where its about to create the .exe, all .cpp's were loaded with no errors all the way up to weapons.cpp, then the error comes up due to not being able to open a file. But if I'm not mistaken, is this not the file I need because I have it linked to the folder.

lib64.png

^ Would be located in the SDK folder, which I'm sure has been linked up because I wasn't able to compile before I got SDK set up. The only thing I see thats wrong, is instead of the lua5.1 file being in the 64x folder. It's in the lib folder right above it, so I'm a little confused. Here's an image so you see what I'm talking about.

libw.png

If anyone can help me get set up compiling 64x, I'll gladly pay some fee's for your time. All my developer friends that compile in 64x are busy with school or work so hopefully someone here can lend some knowledge on this. Plus, in the end if I do get this working - I'll release a nice little tutorial on how to compile in 64x with all the info I've gathered up in note pads.

Regards,
Extrodus

Last edited:
Did you included the libs yourself or it has been added directly by some previus project file? Like those in vb folders (if i remember correctly) that comes with some tfs sources.

I added the lib + include folders the way they are supposed to be added to the C++ and Linker additional folders (had to be done manually of course).

Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Like I stated above I have SDK set up.

Ok. I had that problem few days ago. Your lib64 folder does not have "lua5.1.dll" instead it has "lua51.dll" you just need to "tell it to your compiller".
Here is how you do it:

Right click on your project's name > Properties > Expand "Configuration Properties" > go to Linker > Input.
In "Additional Dependencies" edit the lua5.1.dll to lua51.dll or add the lua51.dll if you can't edit it.

:)

Back