• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.1] Tibiana is comming back - v2.0

There are many players who like to play the old days. Obviously not everyone likes. there are not many changes from 7.4, I had to use many sprites of 7.4 to complement..... the 7.1 sprites are just a few items, some monsters, some tiles (Like lava) .. the rest is pure 7.4 / 7.5 (for tiquanda & port hope) ;)
Ok. Just saying. 7.1's graphics is awful and it will scare off many players. Especially those one who don't remember those times and nostalgia-factors doesn't drive them. Which is many I guess. 7.1's mechanism with newer graphics would be more "attractive" to them.

Ok. Just saying. 7.1's graphics is awful and it will scare off many players. Especially those one who don't remember those times and nostalgia-factors doesn't drive them. Which is many I guess. 7.1's mechanism with newer graphics would be more "attractive" to them.
7.1 graphics doesn't differ that much from 7.4 bro. Besides that, Tibia graphics today are awful, compared to modern games, I'm not even talking about those exaggerated spell effects that "pollute" the whole screen, it's about the sprites themselves. They're just "upgraded" versions of the old ones, that don't differ that much in a lot of cases. If you take a close look, it is the same 2d isometric-sprites game as before, they could not be worse.
Talking by myself now, old graphics reminds me of the game I used to play, I stopped playing tibia at 8.1 version. I know several other players that did like me, and they never played the "new Tibia" that much, they are used or they like the old sprites.

You are guy with nostalgia googles towards old Tibia, so trusting your preferences isn;t smart thing to do when You wanna maximize number of players... I remember times of 7.1 - 8.X and I would never play on that clients again.

And now the serious argument: Thanks to bunch of so called "indie games" Tibia is now has in the best possible spot for the game with this kind of 2d sprite-based graphics. There is big market for that kind of games. B-U-T... But there are two trends on that market. Either people love over-pixelated games like Sheltered, Undertale of Papers, please or people love detailed 2d graphics. Old tibian graphics lies somewhere between those two. Those sprites aren't pixelated, but on the other hand they are made by amateurs developers without that much of detail to it.

You are guy with nostalgia googles towards old Tibia, so trusting your preferences isn;t smart thing to do when You wanna maximize number of players... I remember times of 7.1 - 8.X and I would never play on that clients again.

And now the serious argument: Thanks to bunch of so called "indie games" Tibia is now has in the best possible spot for the game with this kind of 2d sprite-based graphics. There is big market for that kind of games. B-U-T... But there are two trends on that market. Either people love over-pixelated games like Sheltered, Undertale of Papers, please or people love detailed 2d graphics. Old tibian graphics lies somewhere between those two. Those sprites aren't pixelated, but on the other hand they are made by amateurs developers without that much of detail to it.

if you do not like just do not play, there are many players like me that we like the old school, to remember old times . I'm not looking to have a business with this server. I do it because I like it.

Overall I agree with you, but you can't forget that the time that Tibia had its biggest player base was between 7.2 and 8.0 versions. So I don't know whats the point to make an oldschool server with new graphics.

Overall I agree with you, but you can't forget that the time that Tibia had its biggest player base was between 7.2 and 8.0 versions.
This is not because Tibia was good, this is because MMO were popular then. At the beginning of 21st century many developing countries like my own (Poland), invested in internet infrastructure, so there was spike of new users.

will this server ever launch or you dont have time for it?

The project is not dead, im still working on it :D

Thread: No overpowered donations

zxa5i8.jpg

Back