• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 and 7.72? What's the big difference?

Zulu

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread to discuss the differences between the two clients and why 7.4 has almost a cult following.

I've started playing Tibia 14 years ago, but I really can't remember a very defining difference between the two clients. Asides from directX9, what features are most appealing to the players who pursue servers with 7.4 features.. and what exactly are they and what is so appealing about them?

I'd like to hear your ideas and thoughts and just have a discussion about what so distinctly draws the line between these two versions of our beloved game of Tibia.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the clients listed in the title of this thread, either. I hope we can get a good discussion going about what versions of Tibia differentiate the most between it's former or latter that really created a gap between the player and the game.

Thanks!

7.72 got:
- Wands for magician (druid / ms)
- Spells not from mlvl but than lvl
- Soul
- Little bit graphic
- Runes in SHOP
Dont know what is more ... Or dont remember.

7.6 was the start of vocation balance but 7.7 is still far from balanced.

Cheap mana fluids and a lower exhaust on instant spells causes mages to level too easy too quickly. Profit at Hydras with e-beam on high levels.

The magic system of 7.4 with more need for runes fits the game better.

Basically, from the moment you're able to hunt back and forth buying high damage supplies and selling rares in NPC shops, levels skyrocket and grow out of proportion with the game.

7.6 was the start of vocation balance but 7.7 is still far from balanced.

Cheap mana fluids and a lower exhaust on instant spells causes mages to level too easy too quickly. Profit at Hydras with e-beam on high levels.

The magic system of 7.4 with more need for runes fits the game better.

Basically, from the moment you're able to hunt back and forth buying high damage supplies and selling rares in NPC shops, levels skyrocket and grow out of proportion with the game.

There was no change on exhaust rules for 7.6. Mana regen was raised also (x4).

I would argue that play to gather supplies for dozen hours to hunt for an hour doesn't fit any game at all. Even more fucked up if there is no one to buy your rare drops or no one to buy supplies from. Not that I think that 7.6 was perfect, far from it, but saying 7.4 was ideal is delusional.

Back