• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Avesta

Thanks to Jakkes. I've succeded in compilation of this OT but i have problems with NPCs.
I have added the npc.h and npc.cpp from the older avesta source that has Jiddos NPC system, but it seems i need an GetNpcParameter function, because NPCs dont sell items. just take money...
So, i noticed that in data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npcsystem.lua function "getNpcParameter" is needed.
I've searched for it in my source in luascript.cpp, but it seems i dont have this parameter.
Is there anybody that knows how to add that function to source?

@ond

Ripped from TFS 0.2 ??
No, you're totally wrong!

Stealing work from who ???

A long time ago, Ferrus released the Avesta (as I remember, it was 8.0) converted to 7.6, based in OTServ_SVN 0.6.3 in OTFans, right ?
But it was full of bugs...
What I decided to do was, get a clean OTServ_SVN 0.6.3, and converting to 7.6 too, but with MY fixes!

- - - Updated - - -

Let's stop there, that discussion is useless ;]

- - - Updated - - -

Oooohh... it's Let's stop here and not there like I said!
Can't edit my posts

It's useless indeed, you will still continue to be the stupid Brazilian guy who takes actual credit for the work of others.

I'm having trouble with stages. I am running rev 94 but I just can't get the stages to work. I've tried to set expRate in config to stage, stages and 0. Still doesn't work. I'm trying to use the stages via creaturescripts.
creaturescripts.xml
Code:
<creaturescripts>
	<event type="login" name="stagesLogin" script="stages.lua" />
	<event type="advance" name="stagesAdvance" script="stages.lua" />
</creaturescripts>

stages.lua
Code:
STAGES = {
	{level = 10, rate = 150},
	{level = 25, rate = 100},
	{level = 50, rate = 75},
	{level = 75, rate = 40},
	{level = 100, rate = 20},
	{level = 150, rate = 10}
}

DEFAULT_RATE = 5

function checkStages(cid)
	local level = getPlayerLevel(cid)

for i = 1, # STAGES do
		if level <= STAGES[i].level then
			doPlayerSetRate(cid, LEVEL_EXPERIENCE, STAGES[i].rate)
			return
		end
	end

doPlayerSetRate(cid, LEVEL_EXPERIENCE, DEFAULT_RATE)
end

function onLogin(cid)
	registerCreatureEvent(cid, "stagesAdvance")

checkStages(cid)
	return 1
end

function onAdvance(cid, type, oldlevel, newlevel)
	if type == LEVEL_EXPERIENCE then
		checkStages(cid)
	end

return 1
end

I don't get any errors in the console, and yet I recive 1x experience from all monsters.

Anyone knows how this works on this distro? Would love to know. Thanks a lot in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited this function to debug if it was working. It is indeed loading the output I get is correct when I login. It says 100x exp for a new character. Still, when killing a rat. I get 5 experince (as in config lua). So somehow it doesn't really apply the change. D:
Code:
function checkStages(cid)
	doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"checked stages")
	local level = getPlayerLevel(cid)

for i = 1, # STAGES do
		if level <= STAGES[i].level then
			doPlayerSetRate(cid, LEVEL_EXPERIENCE, STAGES[i].rate)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,STAGES[i].rate)
			return
		end
	end

doPlayerSetRate(cid, LEVEL_EXPERIENCE, DEFAULT_RATE)
end

register event in login.lua and declare login.lua in creaturescripts.xml

register event in login.lua and declare login.lua in creaturescripts.xml
The event gets registered onLogin already in the stages.lua, but tried it in the login lua as well, but no difference.

When I look at a house door, it just shows "You see a closed door." Why isn't it working? Why don't I see information about the house?

It works fine in RME.

Nottinghster don't listen to them, who gives a shit about credits, if you can provide a more stable server that's awesome!

Nottinghster don't listen to them, who gives a shit about credits, if you can provide a more stable server that's awesome!

The current server is not unstable in any way, it just isn't filled with config-based-features for dumb people that will only use it to pathetic attempts of making donation money, or crappy servers in general.

Atm, I'm having the same problem, but I've rewroted alot my sources to accept newer items.otb (own project) and fucked the house system...
I'll have to rewrote all the house system, if fix it, I'll post the fix here ...

The event gets registered onLogin already in the stages.lua, but tried it in the login lua as well, but no difference.

Use creaturescripts (c++ ones) from a different revision (older).

A long time ago, Ferrus released the Avesta (as I remember, it was 8.0) converted to 7.6, based in OTServ_SVN 0.6.3 in OTFans, right ?

Wrong.

If server is already stable than how can you provide a more stable one?

It's kinda funny you're sayin' somethin' like that!
How can you say things that you don't know ?
Are you saw my source code or what ?
What's your prooves ?

It's not 'how', but 'what' you coded copied, and since you gave a list of features, he has every right to say such things.

How to people make the server accept 7.4 and the 7.72 client? For which protocol do they compile the server? I don't get it :p

- - - Updated - - -

How do*

How to people make the server accept 7.4 and the 7.72 client? For which protocol do they compile the server? I don't get it :p

- - - Updated - - -

How do*

With many IF conditions, protocol changes.

With many IF conditions, protocol changes.
Ah, so there are no simple solutions for it? I guess it wont work by just letting the server accept 7.4 up to 7.72? I guess soul and all that suff will screw things up, am I right?

Ah, so there are no simple solutions for it? I guess it wont work by just letting the server accept 7.4 up to 7.72? I guess soul and all that suff will screw things up, am I right?

Yes.

Back