• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 Playability

Competitibia

Pain & Glory WHole
Solutions
Reaction score
So I hosted a hardcore pvp server there and have found some flawess within the system of highrate hardcore servers that deems them unplayable.
1. Gold was easy to obtain so people could get money
2. PZ on boats does not exist therefore there is no real penalty for killing
3. Teams easily overthrown any player online leading into a 30 from 110 online in day 2

Looking at those factors I decided not to host another hardcore pvp but rather pvp with experience gain server in future.

My questions are what would community prefer?

A stable vanila release with all 1:1 without djinns or similar accesses purchasable in shop with spell learning and mid to low rate? Isnt there so many of those?

Or a Custom spawn filled content from newer tibia along with easily accessible djinns that are free and such?

What in view of community should be the way that server pays for its own hosting or earns some kind of profit to pay programmers/scripters/mappers/ content creators and or server owner

Would community play a PAY to play server if it was similar to older tibia with premium areas only for premium accounts and such?

How to deal with gold re-sellers ? ban hammers?? or faciliate trade for % of profits through ingame /website market?

How to deal with botters? allow macro? allow cavebot? ban cavebots or all kind of botters?

How to gather community and how to promote server?
Twitch streamers? otservlist countdown?(those I can tell you have small to no impact on playerbase)? facebook groups? otland and forum advertisements?

Is there anything you would like to add please tell me :)

I really want to know what people want let me know maybe we can build something better than 1 day servers that can gather some interest.

oh and also to even discuss the newest otclient v8

@edit
that client just hits sd in player always because of its highlight of creature on top tile idk why konra did it and why he didnt include old 7.4 tile focused targeting as option.
Also aren't lootbags ment to be the key of old school tibia?

how would you react to gold changing being a paid feature overall (on lowrate servers with premium all in all free)

Last edited:
that client just hits sd in player always because of its highlight of creature on top tile idk why konra did it and why he didnt include old 7.4 tile focused targeting as option.
AFAIK that's something that you can change on server sources, not client side. Maybe I'm wrong but in Nostalrius works that way.

AFAIK that's something that you can change on server sources, not client side. Maybe I'm wrong but in Nostalrius works that way.
yeah I already have fully working otvc8 with all retro features ( blocked the backpacks on screen thanks to gesiors thread on otland) and battle limited by some other user i found on forum :)
Also checkout my discussion thread

Well, high rate war servers are what's missing in the community. Instead of giving up on the concept, I think it should be build on until it does work.

Nobody wants their ot to die in 1 day, neither players or hosters. So let's all look for ways to prevent that from happening.

How about a starting level and max level? i.e. lvl 30 - 70
Let npc's give for free. So ppl can fight from 1st minute and don't need gold for nothing.
A few days later u change levels to 50 - 90 and so on.

The focus should be fair but ongoing fights.
So that a winning team killing everybody doesn't kill the server. But can regroup and continue the next day.

Well, high rate war servers are what's missing in the community. Instead of giving up on the concept, I think it should be build on until it does work.

Nobody wants their ot to die in 1 day, neither players or hosters. So let's all look for ways to prevent that from happening.

How about a starting level and max level? i.e. lvl 30 - 70
Let npc's give for free. So ppl can fight from 1st minute and don't need gold for nothing.
A few days later u change levels to 50 - 90 and so on.

The focus should be fair but ongoing fights.
So that a winning team killing everybody doesn't kill the server. But can regroup and continue the next day.
there is realesta war for that so i dont think enforced have any way of living unless its x1 rate and have multiple teams of non-crybabies that quit after 1 death

It depends on your goals. I feel at this point a solid mediu to high rate server with high death penalty would be fantastic for ppl who like to bring teams to wars and so on.

Problem I found with 7.4 high rate is that everything becomes a stomp. Taking the newer meta of tibia, which is to just find dense spawns and power leveling flat out doesnt work on the 7.x era as spawns were not built like that and you outlevel all the content and quests, so beyond waring there's nothing else to do there and the server will be 100% sorcs UE spamming, at such high levels, nothign else will come close to being able to fight with them, short of re-working all spells and continuing to add higher level weapons and content to be able to do the dmg.

I since scaled rates down to more medium rates and have been working on balancing content around this. Ultimately would still like to open a new world, with an even lower rates for 1/2. while it's slow, it keeps the content in the 7.x map relatable and applicable.

Even with still medium rates, I have compensated by adding some spells for knights (like exori gran and exori min, but working on the old exori formla, this does some cray dmg with ice rapiers), reworking some spells for druid like poison storm and adding other bolts and weapons for Paladins.

The angle im going for with my server though is more for the retro play style and nostalgic feel over true 7.4. only. Server and protocol will get stale if there's absolutely no new content.

Back