• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.7 damage and spell formulae

jlnunez89

a.k.a BurnMc
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking for any documentation on the damage and spell formulae of version 7.7.

I'm aware of the wiki at Formulae
which clearly states:
NOTE: These formulae are based upon observed values after update 8.1.

Which makes them unfit to use, either because they are not the same as 7.7 or there is no evidence that I know of to know these are the same in 7.7...

I know I might be able to derive them via sampling of the cip engine but I'm querying if there a good soul that has this info and/or knows if the ones at the wiki are accurate for 7.7.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Read it all 7.4 formulas · Issue #33 · babymannen/theforgottenserver-7.4 · GitHub
Combat Formulas · TwistedScorpio/OTHire Wiki · GitHub
I dont think you can find better formulas then the one from my google spreedsheet or the ones at othire repository, unless you do the hard work of sampling them from cip engine. The 8.1 formulas does not match 7.7 values, there was a balance update in 8.0.

This is great information, thanks!
I definitely would prefer targeting 7.4 values instead of the 8.1 ones if it comes to that. I'll leaving the thread open to see if anyone comes forth with even more info, but this helps a ton.

Read it all 7.4 formulas · Issue #33 · babymannen/theforgottenserver-7.4 · GitHub
Combat Formulas · TwistedScorpio/OTHire Wiki · GitHub
I dont think you can find better formulas then the one from my google spreedsheet or the ones at othire repository, unless you do the hard work of sampling them from cip engine. The 8.1 formulas does not match 7.7 values, there was a balance update in 8.0.
Where can do i view how do othire spells works? I'm using nekiro's tfs downgraded server and there it does not works as in othire, have added combat formulas values from here Combat Formulas · Ezzz-dev/OTHire Wiki (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/OTHire/wiki/Combat-Formulas) to tfs 1.5 and im using the same spells folder
think something might be missing for change inside c++ to make spells work as it where in oldschool era, could you tell me where to look, the link you post of spells, is down @Peonso, please?

Where can do i view how do othire spells works? I'm using nekiro's tfs downgraded server and there it does not works as in othire, have added combat formulas values from here Combat Formulas · Ezzz-dev/OTHire Wiki (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/OTHire/wiki/Combat-Formulas) to tfs 1.5 and im using the same spells folder
think something might be missing for change inside c++ to make spells work as it where in oldschool era, could you tell me where to look, the link you post of spells, is down @Peonso, please?

On how to implement stuff to TFS, you could check how it was done in GitHub - Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius: Nostalrius is a 7.7 Tibia Clone Project based on The Forgotten Server 1.2 and CipSoft files. (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius)

On how to implement stuff to TFS, you could check how it was done in GitHub - Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius: Nostalrius is a 7.7 Tibia Clone Project based on The Forgotten Server 1.2 and CipSoft files. (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius)
Thanks peonso im using those files indeed, is there nothing related to c++ involved in spells formula then?
i ask becuase im using this files but some spells are not working as rl like use uh + mf or exura vita + exori vis

Thanks peonso im using those files indeed, is there nothing related to c++ involved in spells formula then?
i ask becuase im using this files but some spells are not working as rl like use uh + mf or exura vita + exori vis
When you say formulas I'm thinking only about damage. Regarding exhausting interactions, as you saw in the documentation I don't know the exact details on how it should work, nor found a server claiming those details work, Seliro's videos are lost aswell, someone would need to run a 7.7 real server and retest that stuff again to actually proper document it. When he says uh+mf or vita+vis works I'm not sure if it works instantly or need at least some delay or if there is an 1 seconds exhaust. If I remember correctly you could also change 7.7 realserver to PvP Enforced and those interactions and exhaust time would change.

Exhaust system in old Tibia is as simple as it can be. All spells and runes share one system. Before using a rune or casting a spell it checks if you are not exhausted, and after using it causes exhaustion state for either 1 or 2 seconds:
  • Offensive runes/spells cause 2s, except for exori vis/flam/mort and paralyze rune which cause 1s.
  • Other runes/spells cause 1s, except for UH and IH runes which cause no exhaustion at all.
  • Mana and life fluids can be used regardless of exhaustion state but exhaust you for 1s afterwards.
In pvp-enforced world exhaustion after offensive runes/spells is cut to 1s as well.

Last edited:
Exhaust system in old Tibia is as simple as it can be. All spells and runes share one system. Before using a rune or casting a spell it checks if you are not exhausted, and after using it causes exhaustion state for either 1 or 2 seconds:
  • Offensive runes/spells cause 2s, except for exori vis/flam/mort which cause 1s.
  • Other runes/spells cause 1s, except for UH and IH runes which cause no exhaustion at all.
  • Mana and life fluids can be used regardless of exhaustion state but exhaust you for 1s afterwards.
In pvp-enforced world exhaustion after offensive runes/spells is cut to 1s as well.
nostalrius exhaust spells and formulas are okey then?
Post automatically merged:

When you say formulas I'm thinking only about damage. Regarding exhausting interactions, as you saw in the documentation I don't know the exact details on how it should work, nor found a server claiming those details work, Seliro's videos are lost aswell, someone would need to run a 7.7 real server and retest that stuff again to actually proper document it. When he says uh+mf or vita+vis works I'm not sure if it works instantly or need at least some delay or if there is an 1 seconds exhaust. If I remember correctly you could also change 7.7 realserver to PvP Enforced and those interactions and exhaust time would change.
im talking about this, sorry my english.
Lua:
ultimate healing rune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi4m6wuWCm0

uh > uh = not exhausted
uh > sd = not exhausted
uh > exura vita = not exhausted
uh > mana fluid = not exhausted
uh > exori vis = not exhausted
sudden death rune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmh97qLgp1A

sd > uh = exhausted
sd > sd = exhausted
sd > exura vita = exhausted
sd > mana fluid = not exhausted
sd > exori vis = exhausted
ultimate healing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO5k144RpD0

exura vita > uh = exhausted
exura vita > sd = exhausted
exura vita > exura vita = exhausted
exura vita > mana fluid = not exhausted
exura vita > exori vis = exhausted
mana fluid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76x3JwoZ2s

mana fluid > uh = not exhausted
mana fluid > sd = not exhausted
mana fluid > exura vita = exhausted
mana fluid > mana fluid = not exhausted
mana fluid > exori vis = exhausted
energy strike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL00eUPkDjw

exori vis > uh = exhausted
exori vis > sd = exhausted
exori vis > exura vita = exhausted
exori vis > mana fluid = not exhausted
exori vis > exori vis = exhausted

• Offensive runes/spells cause 2s, except for exori vis/flam/mort and paralyze rune which cause 1s.
"except for UH and IH runes which cause no exhaustion at all"
you are wrong here kay. and what does it even mean "not at all"

It means that UH and IH don't make you exhausted, so that you can cast a spell instantly afterwards.
I heard "you are wrong" from clueless people only about 1500 times since I started working with the cip files...

Last edited:
You gain "action exhaust" from using runes as they are items, thus you will not be able to "spam heal" yourselves 20 times per second, but as Kay say, it doesn't add "magic exhaust" on UHs and IHs

You gain "action exhaust" from using runes as they are items, thus you will not be able to "spam heal" yourselves 20 times per second, but as Kay say, it doesn't add "magic exhaust" on UHs and IHs
Yes, but this is another thing. It's not an exhaustion but an action delay. It works separately and differently than the exhaustion system. You cannot use items faster than 1 second, but if you try - e.g. use UH twice - both UHs will be used, just with a longer gap (delay). It's the same thing that prevents spamming mana fluids.
Still, UH and IH cause no exhaustion, and thanks to that you can cast a spell instantly after using them.

So casting spells in this order will cause this delay:
exevo mort hur (2 seconds delay)
exori vis (1 second delay)
Using UH (no delay)
exura vita (1 second delay)
Using UH (1 second delay)
exevo mort hur (2 second delay)

Back