• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Is there any good way to export the map .sec files to one .otbm file? I've only been able to export a few sectors at a time, and some objects (mountains, etc) got messed up.

Is there any good way to export the map .sec files to one .otbm file? I've only been able to export a few sectors at a time, and some objects (mountains, etc) got messed up.

Making your own converter.

Back in my Tibia playing days I was the only person that knew you could exchange life crystals for life rings. I told two other players, whom I considered friends. Within a week the 'secret' was sold by the highest levels on the server for 750K. I then decided to post the solution of the life crystal 'quest' on the Wiki (Erig's site I believe) and within a week or two it was known throughout the entire Tibia universe. Moral of the story: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
/QUOTE]
karma brother karma. earning money with what you did stays a crime. i hope you get something important stolen from you in your life too.

karma brother karma. earning money with what you did stays a crime. i hope you get something important stolen from you in your life too.
Please. "Stealing" software by copying it is not comparable to stealing something in real life, as items in real life are just moved (and usually causes personal distress to the victim and sometimes physical damage), not copied.
Sure, he stole and even used their intellectual property to run a copy of their game server.
Sure, it's technically illegal (so is downloading a single pirated song off the Internet and walking over the street when the traffic light is red) and it's not ethical, but how anti-social was what he did, really?
Let's evaluate this:
How much money did he earn from this compared to what Cip earns?
How much damage did he do to them? Did he delete their files? Did he shutdown their server? Did he run 100 servers charging €15/month for premium?
No. He had a single server running with the average of one Cip server's number of players charging something like €5/month for pacc (or €8? I don't remember, but much less than Cip), when just the hosting probably cost him €200+/month, and he had to develop his own tools (website, map editor, etc).

(I'm completely unfamiliar with these scams people are talking about though; if he scammed people, that's not nice. And also, I think he could've done more to help/support the OT community, but he's not obligated, and he certainly has contributed something)

You just running the Tibia client to connect to an OT is stealing, are you aware of that?
You're breaking the law when you use their client to connect to an OT.
The reason we do this though is because we love the game and Cip has not shown any interest/action as far as I'm aware in working with the OT community for the oldschool/OT fans to be able to play the oldschool Tibia version or custom versions of their game.
You know what they could've done to both help the OT community and themselves?
Sell open source versions (either minimal/primitive/light or full versions) of their game server and game client to the OT community, or/and licenses to run OT servers.
It would be reasonable; they would make money off it, we (the OT community) would be happy, and nobody would be breaking any laws.
But they're not. Instead we have to break the law (well, except now after many years there's open source clients and servers) to play anything proximate to oldschool Tibia.
They are to blame for that, not us. Yes, it's our responsibility when we choose to break the law to play customized/oldschool Tibia, not theirs, but they're to be blamed for there not being any other option to play customized/oldschool Tibia but to break the law, and if they love their game as much as we do, they'll understand, and I guess they do(?) since they decided not to sue RealOTS or Medivia or threaten any other portion of the OT community with legal action afaik.

God damn pleb. Imagine you have made plans for a nice car and then someone stole files, upgraded a little bit and sold as its own. I would say its even worse than stealing something in real life, because when someone stole your bike you can always buy new one but if someone stole your important project for client, he can sell him it cheaper because he dont have to spend as much time to write it from scratch.

^
You're clearly not listening.
You're right that copying others ideas and projects without permission and without giving them credit and making loads of money or reputation or other things off that is bad.
But clearly you're not paying any attention to the world around you (seeing the big picture), because that happens everywhere all the time, nor are you paying any attention to the important details here, which is the question of how much did Toor make off this? I already did the math in the last post, so I'm not gonna repeat that here.
And again, you claiming that he "stole their project" is just ridiculous, you're sort of a borderline moron when you make that claim being completely absorbed in some kind of fantasy world, 'cus in the real world Cip is basically still as big as they were, making shit ton of money and having at least as many "players", and Realots always just ran a single server with the same PACC price of something around €5.
Next time you're about to spew some nonsense, take at least a brief look at the facts first.

Single*

* Actually they also ran a non-pvp and pvp-e server, but they didn't work out, as well as Darkots, but as far as I can remember Darkots only ran while Realots was down.

alani x, y , z : Teleports the gamemaster to a chosen position.

Doesn't work xd Somebody know anymore gm/god commands?

http://zanera.hopto.org/ for those interested.
All players can be logged onto, and I created a primitive tool to show the name, voc and level of players and their corresponding account number for login (read more on the website).
I haven't been able to fix houses etc, but again all such info's on the website.
If you've found some security issue, have suggestions/requests or other things for me, just PM me.

other things for me*

* no dickpicks etc, thanks.

Someone knows how to login with the old (real) zanera characters? They are not in the database.

Back