• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.72-7.4 Low Rate - Premium only, One character per account. Opinions? Please.

Trev

Reaction score
+
I think most 7.4 players play with a premium account. (they are older)
Free accounts are heavily used for rune farming.
Free accounts are often used by part-time botters.

-
There would be a rune shortage.
Lower players online.
Pay to win element for no-lifers. (1 player per IP is impossible)

What do you guys think?

I would never pay for any OT before having the chance to try it first. Better to follow CipSofts model and restrict features for free accounts.

Also if rune farming is a problem, just make that particular thing a premium feature. Same thing with better hunting areas.

There's literally nothing you can do about rune farmers. I'm playing a server now where runes are locked behind premium, i bot enough runes to buy a month premium every 3 days per account. Currently have only 3 accounts premium and i can expand infinitely if i want to... I could probably destroy the whole servers economy within a month since i can (yes ive tested) run over 100 bots at the same time. I've been banned a couple of times already but it only takes a few hours to get 3 new accounts back up and running on new ips, promoted and premium back to farming runes, currently not banned after 2 months though. Not trying to flex here just pointing out that your efforts are wasted.

The more you try to restrict players the more harm you do to the general player base and the more profit you give to people like me who LOVE exploiting things like this, i don't even play the game.

To solve this, don't make premium buyable with CC or any type of premium currency obtainable through player trading. Ofcourse this means the server would never last more than a few weeks.

Back