• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.72] OTHire 0.0.1b - Based in OTServ Trunk (Latest)

Do you have an idea where in the source it is handled, then i could fix it
I will else search it some time later

Try this tips

someone can help me ? i want load my custom map 7.6 with sprites from 8.6 on othire but i cant. in my old distribution yurots its workly perfect but i need new distribution. Help me please

Well yea, but I cannot reproduce this with all walls..
also it does only affect mobs, me as player cant shoot pass walls, also not mwalls

If it is only happening within certain walls, I would check those walls attributes and compare them to the walls that it is not working.

Eh right now I'm not sure, but my first thought is
Code:
Tile* targetTile = g_game.getTile(targetPos.x, targetPos.y, targetPos.z);
if (targetTile->hasProperty(BLOCKSOLID)) {
    return false;
}

And put that somewhere in
Code:
bool Monster::canUseSpell(const Position& pos, const Position& targetPos,
    const spellBlock_t& sb, uint32_t interval, bool& inRange)
probably at the end~ before final return, at line 804~

It could work, but I might just be at the wrong spot or causing other problems, might have a further look another day,
does anybody know if avesta got a working block for monsters? I might then take a look at that source and find out what's different

If it is only happening within certain walls, I would check those walls attributes and compare them to the walls that it is not working.
Ezzz, im preety sure he just test it wrong.

Well I did build a cage of framework walls
like:
{1=wall, 2=mob, 0=me}
and there was a dragon inside, he never shot a wave, just the gfb thing....

Somebody there to test my above fix and see if it works right?

What I find interesting is that after reading 70 pages of all sorts of fixes I have not even once read about the fact that upon leveling, a players mana doesn't seem to return to full. I'm quite sure that upon advancing a level both values, health and mana should return to full.

Now sure if any of you encountered the same bug, or just hadn't noticed but I'd gladly appreciate any answers helping me in this matter.

Besides that I've been having a lot of trouble with my banking NPC. For some odd reason it doesn't recognize the getNumber value, which indicated that this is missing somewhere in the NPChandler.lua file.

Config message:
Code:
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:36: attempt to call global 'getNumber' <a nil value> stack traceback
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:36: in function 'callback'
data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:299: in function 'onCreatureSay'
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:10: in function <data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:10:>

NPCHandler lines 287 - 308:
Code:
    -- Handles onCreatureSay events. If you with to handle this yourself, please use the CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY callback.
    function NpcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, msgtype, msg)
        local callback = self:getCallback(CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY)
        if(callback == nil or callback(cid, msgtype, msg)) then
            if(self:processModuleCallback(CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY, cid, msgtype, msg)) then
                if(not self:isInRange(cid)) then
                    return
                end
                if(self.keywordHandler ~= nil) then
                    local ret = self.keywordHandler:processMessage(cid, msg)
                    if(not ret) then
                        local callback = self:getCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT)
                        if(callback ~= nil and callback(cid, msgtype, msg)) then
                            self.talkStart = os.time()
                        end
                    else
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end

Bank.LUA lines 7-11
Code:
-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)             npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)         npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink()                             npcHandler:onThink() end

Bank.LUA lines 35-57
Code:
----------------------CHANGE GOLD---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        elseif talkState == 8 and getNumber(msg) == 0 or getNumber(msg) >= 999 then
        npcHandler:say('How many platinum coins do you want to get?')
        elseif talkState == 8 then
                n = getNumber(msg)
                b = n * 100
                npcHandler:say('So I should change '..b..' of your gold coins to '..n..' platinum coins for you?')
                talkState = 9

elseif talkState == 9 then
                if msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
                        if doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 2148, b) == TRUE then
                                doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2152, n)
                                npcHandler:say('Here you are.')
                                talkState = 0
                        else
                                npcHandler:say('You do not have enough money.')
                                talkState = 0
                        end
                else
                        npcHandler:say('Ok. We cancel.')
                        talkState = 0
                end

I've ben stuck with this bit of code for the longest of times now, and I can't seem to resolve it on my own.
Better yet, I need help.

Hopefully some of you are able to provide me with a satisfactory answer.

Yours,

Kjeld

What I find interesting is that after reading 70 pages of all sorts of fixes I have not even once read about the fact that upon leveling, a players mana doesn't seem to return to full. I'm quite sure that upon advancing a level both values, health and mana should return to full.

Now sure if any of you encountered the same bug, or just hadn't noticed but I'd gladly appreciate any answers helping me in this matter.
That did not happen on level ups in that version... That is some fancy new stuff

Remember to backup, on more than one HDD.

I spent alot of work with the sources of OThire, quests, actions of this OT trying to make a good OT, fixed shared experience, added loot messages, corpse ownership, guild war, even made a sick ass NPC gambler from scratch which I fully perfected...I spent alooot of time.

But then things happened in real life and I had to take a break, I saved my work on my second HDD, my main HDD died but I still had it on my second HDD, but somehow it disappeared, but I didn't delete it. Weird. I tried every recovery software out there but its long gone, I use alot of stuff on my second HDD so it's was long overwritten. If you have lost some files on a HDD, don't use the HDD anymore! The more you write over files the harder it will be to recover.

Just a reminder for you guys. Save your work! If you have some extra USB-sticks, save your work on them too.

Remember to backup, on more than one HDD.

I spent alot of work with the sources of OThire, quests, actions of this OT trying to make a good OT, fixed shared experience, added loot messages, corpse ownership, guild war, even made a sick ass NPC gambler from scratch which I fully perfected...I spent alooot of time.

But then things happened in real life and I had to take a break, I saved my work on my second HDD, my main HDD died but I still had it on my second HDD, but somehow it disappeared, but I didn't delete it. Weird. I tried every recovery software out there but its long gone, I use alot of stuff on my second HDD so it's was long overwritten. If you have lost some files on a HDD, don't use the HDD anymore! The more you write over files the harder it will be to recover.

Just a reminder for you guys. Save your work! If you have some extra USB-sticks, save your work on them too.
That's when a github repo comes to help you...
BTW I'm interested in many things you worked on OTHire, shared experience fix, loot mssages, etc... Can you share any of them?

Besides that I've been having a lot of trouble with my banking NPC. For some odd reason it doesn't recognize the getNumber value, which indicated that this is missing somewhere in the NPChandler.lua file.

Config message:
Code:
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:36: attempt to call global 'getNumber' <a nil value> stack traceback
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:36: in function 'callback'
data/npc/scripts/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:299: in function 'onCreatureSay'
data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:10: in function <data/npc/scripts/bank.lua:10:>

NPCHandler lines 287 - 308:
Code:
    -- Handles onCreatureSay events. If you with to handle this yourself, please use the CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY callback.
    function NpcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, msgtype, msg)
        local callback = self:getCallback(CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY)
        if(callback == nil or callback(cid, msgtype, msg)) then
            if(self:processModuleCallback(CALLBACK_CREATURE_SAY, cid, msgtype, msg)) then
                if(not self:isInRange(cid)) then
                    return
                end
                if(self.keywordHandler ~= nil) then
                    local ret = self.keywordHandler:processMessage(cid, msg)
                    if(not ret) then
                        local callback = self:getCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT)
                        if(callback ~= nil and callback(cid, msgtype, msg)) then
                        end
                    else
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end

Bank.LUA lines 7-11
Code:
-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)             npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)         npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink()                             npcHandler:onThink() end

Bank.LUA lines 35-57
Code:
----------------------CHANGE GOLD---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        elseif talkState == 8 and getNumber(msg) == 0 or getNumber(msg) >= 999 then
        npcHandler:say('How many platinum coins do you want to get?')
        elseif talkState == 8 then
                n = getNumber(msg)
                b = n * 100
                npcHandler:say('So I should change '..b..' of your gold coins to '..n..' platinum coins for you?')
                talkState = 9

elseif talkState == 9 then
                if msgcontains(msg, 'yes') then
                        if doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 2148, b) == TRUE then
                                doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2152, n)
                                npcHandler:say('Here you are.')
                                talkState = 0
                        else
                                npcHandler:say('You do not have enough money.')
                                talkState = 0
                        end
                else
                        npcHandler:say('Ok. We cancel.')
                        talkState = 0
                end

I've ben stuck with this bit of code for the longest of times now, and I can't seem to resolve it on my own.
Better yet, I need help.

Hopefully some of you are able to provide me with a satisfactory answer.

Yours,

Kjeld
Put this code inside of functions.lua
Code:
function getNumber(msg)
    b, e = string.find(msg, "%d+")
    if b == nil or e == nil then
        count = 1
    else
        count = tonumber(string.sub(msg, b, e))
    end   
    return count
end

I don't know if this is an "bug" per se, but you can't walk through an invisible GM (There is not enough room)

Back