• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.72] Sprites render in wrong order (item.otb/tibia.dat)

Worr

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Here are a few examples of a few different errors I'm having. I'm sure the solutions are similar so if I learn to solve one I can apply it to other issues with the map/server/client files.

The normal stone wall is rendered below the wooden border. The short stone wall is rendered correctly above the wooden border (2) but is also rendered on top of the normal stone wall (3).

Stone wall has the flag "bottom", short stone wall is "common" and I tried to change the border to both "ground border" and "common".

Any idea how to go about this? Are there any resources to read up on tibia.dat/item.otb?

Edit: If I set both the stone wall and the stone railing to "common" as well as the wooden tile border to "ground border" in Tibia.dat it seems like the issues are solved. I don't know if this brings along new issues though. What's common practice for these flags?

Attachments

Last edited:
Not sure what makes it so, but I don't think it's the otb file only, my guess is .dat and possibly also the client itself. Might be wrong.

before u editing and mixing with tibia.spr check so all walls looks fine
Edit: maybe u had this problem before mixing with it?

before u editing and mixing with tibia.spr check so all walls looks fine
Edit: maybe u had this problem before mixing with it?

I haven't edited tibia.spr. I'm using othire 0.0.3 (for 7.72) and default 7.72 client.

Not sure what makes it so, but I don't think it's the otb file only, my guess is .dat and possibly also the client itself. Might be wrong.

Edit: Seems like I found a solution to one of the problems, by giving the wooden tile border the "always top" flag in item.otb (all other borders had this flag, except this specific border that was bugged).

solution.png

Letting the wooden tile border have the "common" flag in tibia.dat also let's me place them on top of water borders, except when there is a third border on the same tile.

(Edit: Never mind about the common flag, it seems to create new issues).

solution2.png

I'll leave this thread unresolved for a couple of days in case anyone can chip in on the minor problem with triple borders (picture above).

Attachments

• dat and otb error.png
    dat and otb error.png
    960.4 KB · Views: 30 · VirusTotal
  • border bug 2.png
    border bug 2.png
    916.4 KB · Views: 30 · VirusTotal
Last edited by a moderator:
Back