• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.x] Guilcera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peonso

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
zlQM42U.png

Hello OtLand, I'm creating a thread to try to motivate myself to work in a server concept I developed some months ago. And those are the main characteristics I will focus on:
  • Gameplay from 7.4-7.72 era
  • Maximum level (around 100-120)
  • High exp rate (around 20-30x)
  • RPG content: lore, quests, puzzles, dungeons
My point is to create a map where the focus is exploring and questing, while having it balanced since all my player base will be around same level. The idea behind all this is to adress some common problems:
  1. Players at oldschool server achieve level soo high that the content become trivial, there are no monsters for them, no quests directed to them, even damage formulas aren't developed taking soo high levels in consideration.
  2. Grinding rotworms is 10 year old retarded mechanic. People can't be arsed doing that shit for hours and hours, even more in servers they know won't last forever. So they just avoid it or bot.
  3. Servers die. I will take in consideration the server won't last forever, and the game will be developed with this in mind. The idea is to develop some kind of main quest that can be solved, so you can actually beat the game and move on with your life.
  4. A lot of map content is ignored since players has nothing to do there after achieving a higher level. Nearby the entirety of the map will be aimed to players at maximum level.
I will update the thread as I make progress or have some thoughts to share. Feel free to follow it and share your own thoughs or ideas.

Current minimap, it's something like 750x750.
TRrZvcV.png

Last edited:
Dat shape is just astounding! HOLY TITS! are you going to use newer sprites, but game playe of 7.x ??? If so you just made the greatest thing ever :D <3 still if its sprites of back then its still amazing <3

That shape, is probably the best I've ever seen on this forum. Great work!

Dat shape is just astounding! HOLY TITS! are you going to use newer sprites, but game playe of 7.x ??? If so you just made the greatest thing ever :D <3 still if its sprites of back then its still amazing <3
I will try to work with TFS 1.0 if I found a way to disable hotkeys (I really want questlog and modal window). But anyway, i will stay with just 7.72 sprites, really want to keep the oldschool feeling, no mounts/hotkeys/addons. The newer sprites with 7.4 gameplay is what Kungenn used at his server, Celestia, it's really cool.
That shape, is probably the best I've ever seen on this forum. Great work!
thx dude
yyyyy put ice place in the south D;
antarcz.gif
=p

Last edited:
antarcz.gif
=p
? what does earth have to do it with it, it's common trait of tibia maps for ice to be north and hotter environments south xD

will just be weird for players

@Schmanky and who set that rule? the only rule/limit is your imagination, if you want to be narrow minded and just follow the flow keep on you are on a good track ;)

@Peonso Well you can use OTc and just remove hotkeys from the modules, and some how make the modules no editable :p

@Schmanky and who set that rule? the only rule/limit is your imagination, if you want to be narrow minded and just follow the flow keep on you are on a good track ;)
yes because switching snow from north to south is such a new innovative idea, how no one else thought of it amazes me

/s

? what does earth have to do it with it, it's common trait of tibia maps for ice to be north and hotter environments south xD

will just be weird for players

People play orshabaal ots, teleport ots, totaly square ots, -1 any kind of shit circle caves ots. I'm more worried about the idea of having a max level while playing tibia.

Well you can use OTc and just remove hotkeys from the modules, and some how make the modules no editable :p

It's way easier, there is a option at config.lua, I was really glad when I found it, it's even better because it's server side.

Can someone help me listing the important changes from 7.72->10.41 TFS 1.0 so I could adress them, by either changing/keeping/removing it. So far:
  • Mounts (remove)
  • Addons (remove)
  • Exhaust (change)
  • Cooldowns (remove)
  • Sprites (change)
  • Stairhop Disabled (keep)
  • Hotkeys (remove)
  • Autostack (keep)
  • Stackable Runes/Vials (keep)
  • Characters can now always log out in a protection zone (keep)
  • Shared Experience (keep)
  • Monster Loot Message (?)
  • Walkthrough players (remove) <attribute key="walkStack" value="0" />

Have been working on the website. I'm sticking with tfs 1.0 and Znote 1.5.

layout.gif

Finally a 7.x with custom map. Hope it's not 7.7 or higher toh.

Nice thread Peonso, how is the progress going?
Really slow, but happening, it's not dead at all.

Finally a 7.x with custom map. Hope it's not 7.7 or higher toh.
It will be a mix, nearby all graphics from 7.5-7.72, but some sprites from 7.1 (monsters, maybe some items). Spells costs from 7.4, but higher mana regen and wands as 7.6-7.72. Nothing is set in stone though, I want it to be balanced and to play smoothly with exp rate/map content. So let's say, mages end up being overpowered, rune prices/mana cost might go high, otherwise if mages became weak, mana regen might go high, things like that.

Really slow, but happening, it's not dead at all.

It will be a mix, nearby all graphics from 7.5-7.72, but some sprites from 7.1 (monsters, maybe some items). Spells costs from 7.4, but higher mana regen and wands as 7.6-7.72. Nothing is set in stone though, I want it to be balanced and to play smoothly with exp rate/map content. So let's say, mages end up being overpowered, rune prices/mana cost might go high, otherwise if mages became weak, mana regen might go high, things like that.
Sounds nice. All I hope for is that there is no stupid level req for gear and not lvl 45 etc to make SD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back