• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.41/42] The Forgotten Server 0.3.4PL2 (Crying Damson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Up
Because it's a very big bug if you'll find this bug can you just post here a post or something like that with info what we need to change in sources to fix that, because i think no one wants to wait few days/weeks for 1 bugfix etc. :S

@elf

don't u have problems with memory leak in ur server ? o.0

we can try find it using valgrind

I cannot fix something I cannot reproduce, thx "=/".

Elf so do you think it might be some lua script that's causing a memory leak?

Is otservlist.org unbanned on latest patch the same as it is in talas release, or it's still blocked?

I think so. I've seen something with otservlist.org blocker on private svn. I think elf and talaturen removed it on both versions.

a player to enter the server get the following error in console [15/05/2009 17:56:44] mysql_real_query(): INSERT INTO `server_motd` (`id`, `world_id`, `text`) VALUES (1, 0, 'Sdgfg'); - MYSQL ERROR: Duplicate entry '1-0' for key 'id' (1062)

I don't know, just telling you I don't occur it. Also, what OS are using affected guys?

Debian Lenny 5.0.1, earlier Debian etch 4.0 and had the same problem.
When my server starts the swap usage is 0MBs and total memory usage is below 600 MBs. This screen shows the memory usage after 6 hours from restart. No other process grows. The memory consumption is raising faster during peak hours and it stops during night time, then again when it's 100+ players online after noon it starts growing again.

Attachments

Allright, it seems like Loara doesn't have leaks, but how many players play there at peak times?

Metalik please if you don't have anything to say, stay shut.

Ok thanks Elf, I think I will have to review all my scripts again.

Out of curiousity - do you use addEvent function in your scripts? I remember that at some point (old times tfs 0.2 beta) one of my scripts was adding the same event while the previous one was running and it caused fast memory leak, so my server was down in a few minutes.

Metalik please if you don't have anything to say, stay shut.

Ok thanks Elf, I think I will have to review all my scripts again.

Out of curiousity - do you use addEvent function in your scripts? I remember that at some point (old times tfs 0.2 beta) one of my scripts was adding the same event while the previous one was running and it caused fast memory leak, so my server was down in a few minutes.

Actually only for !sex script, I think.

@Elf, there is a bug with "using the attribute "range" with wands(I think). "You see a wand of vortex ()."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back