• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.42] The Forgotten Server v0.2.1 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks insanely cool, Tala.
Thank you for all of your hard work! :)

Red

is the spaming spell crash bug fixed on this version? x_X

is the spaming spell crash bug fixed on this version? x_X

Let me know if it isn't, I've been using this on three servers, all from 100 players up to 400 and it has never crashed because someone spammed spells.

Let me know if it isn't, I've been using this on three servers, all from 100 players up to 400 and it has never crashed because someone spammed spells.

i mean if someone with magebomb log several chars at the same time and start spaming spells , after some time the server crash x_X (Well atleast thats the issue i had, and it happens in 0.3 too

I don't think so.

Hope random crashes get fixed for me with this, thx talaturen!

I'm pretty sure that guy is using 0.3.

maybe... but if ya want i can cam how they crash the server, not only mine, several servers based on 0.2 or 0.3.

i pmed you explaining this "bug" long ago, and i didndt recieved any answer.

Believe me or not, but there is a way to crash the servers and its related with magebomb+spaming spells.

I couldnt edit last post but, it will be working with same database as 0.2 righht??

Yes, no database changes unless you want to switch to binary map storage.

Thanks for the release Tala :)

I have only one question: if I switch the map storage type to binary, the house items will be lost?

Thanks for the release Tala :)

I have only one question: if I switch the map storage type to binary, the house items will be lost?

Not if you do it properly. Load the server with relational map storage, change in config to binary, reload config and save using something like /closeserver. Now the house data will be saved as binary and next time the server starts it will load the binary data so you can remove the tables tiles and tile_items if this process was successful.

There is a small problem Talauren
when the server will look good and all public otservlist and put it in offline,
and to see that no one put up a different server 8.42 and put it online, you may repair it?
or tell me how to repair,
that's all thanks

Not if you do it properly. Load the server with relational map storage, change in config to binary, reload config and save using something like /closeserver. Now the house data will be saved as binary and next time the server starts it will load the binary data so you can remove the tables tiles and tile_items if this process was successful.

Where is the binary data saved? :blink:

Nice relase but:

offily@server1:~/0.2.1$ make
g++ -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Werror -Wall -O1 -D_THREAD _SAFE -D_REENTRANT -D__NO_HOMEDIR_CONF__ -D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -c acc ount.cpp
g++ -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Werror -Wall -O1 -D_THREAD _SAFE -D_REENTRANT -D__NO_HOMEDIR_CONF__ -D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -c act ions.cpp
/usr/include/boost/date_time/microsec_time_clock.hpp: In static member function 'static time_type boost::date_time::microsec_clock<time_type>::local_time(boost: :shared_ptr<Y>)':
/usr/include/boost/date_time/microsec_time_clock.hpp:53: error: expected initial izer before '<' token
(....)
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/once.hpp: In function 'void boost::call_once(b oost::eek:nce_flag&, Function) [with Function = void (*)()]':
/usr/include/boost/thread/once.hpp:25: instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/once.hpp:66: error: 'BOOST_VERIFY' was not dec lared in this scope
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/once.hpp:70: error: 'BOOST_VERIFY' was not dec lared in this scope
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/once.hpp:76: error: 'BOOST_VERIFY' was not dec lared in this scope
make: *** [actions.o] Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back