• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.5] The Forgotten Server 0.3.5pl1 (Crying Damson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
other thing that can be good too is when you try to buy a house you might be resident of the city where the house is
and guild hall leader should have more than 10 ppls in guild

well if want to do it or can..

Hello ELF. First, I want to thank you and your team for the excellent work called Forgotten Server. I am a professional in System Development and an Admin from an Open Tibia Server. But regarding the version 8.5 I am facing a real trouble, users can just open the Prompt of Command from Windows, then type: telnet MyIPAddress 7171
Then my server crashes between 5~10 seconds. Do you know how to fix this bug ?

I would appreciate a lot if you get me an answer, since my server has so many players online who are loosing their faith on my server, because of the crashes that happens.

Btw, I use Windows XP, a friend mine has also tested the same in Windows 2003 because of this version has more security, but unfortunely the crash also happens on that version too. That is sad.

Hope you can help me, thanks a lot.

Best Regards

You need delet some line's in config.lua to get it work.

Delet this.
Code:
Under Unjustified kills.

-- NOTE: *Banishment and *BlackSkull variables are >summed up<
-- (dailyFragsToRedSkull + dailyFragsToBanishment) with their
-- *RedSkull equivalents.
-- Auto banishing works only if useBlackSkull set to negative.

Under Banishments

-- violationNameReportActionType 1 = just a report, 2 = name lock, 3 = player banishment

Under Battle

-- NOTE: showHealingDamageForMonsters inheritates from showHealingDamage.
-- loginProtectionPeriod is the famous Tibia anti-magebomb system.
-- deathLostPercent set to nil enables manual mode.

Under Database

-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
-- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.

Under Map

-- NOTE: storeTrash costs more memory, but will perform alot faster cleaning.
-- useHouseDataStorage usage may be found at README.

Under Startup

-- NOTE: defaultPriority works only on Windows and niceLevel on *nix
-- coresUsed are seperated by comma cores ids used by server process,
-- default is -1, so it stays untouched (automaticaly assigned by OS).

Under Miscellaneous

-- NOTE: promptExceptionTracerErrorBox works only with precompiled support feature,
-- called "exception tracer" (__EXCEPTION_TRACER__ flag).
-- monsterLootMessage 0 to disable, 1 - only party, 2 - only player, 3 - party or player (like Tibia's)

Under Blessings

-- NOTE: blessingReduction* regards items/containers loss.
-- eachBlessReduction is how much each bless reduces the experience/magic/skills loss.

Under Rates

-- NOTE: experienceStages configuration is located in data/XML/stages.xml.
-- rateExperienceFromPlayers 0 to disable.

Under Experience from players

-- NOTE: min~Threshold* set to 0 will disable the minimum threshold:
-- player will gain experience from every lower leveled player.
-- max~Threshold* set to 0 will disable the maximum threshold:
-- player will gain experience from every higher leveled player.

Under Stamina

-- NOTE: Stamina is stored in miliseconds, so seconds are multiplied by 1000.
-- rateStaminaHits multiplies every hit done a creature, which are later
-- multiplied by player attack speed.
-- rateStaminaGain is multiplying every second of logged out time, eg:
-- 60 * 1000 / 3 = 20 seconds, what gives 1 stamina minute for 3 being logged off.
-- rateStaminaThresholdGain is dividing in case the normal gain (that is
-- multiplied by rateStaminaGain, btw.) passed above threshold, eg:
-- 60 * 1000 / 3 = 20 / 4 = 5 seconds (3 * 4 = 12 minutes for 1 stamina minute).

Under Party

-- NOTE: experienceShareLevelDifference is float number.
-- experienceShareLevelDifference is highestLevel * value

Under Global save

-- NOTE: globalSaveHour means like 03:00, not that it will save every 3 hours,
-- if you want such a system please check out data/globalevents/globalevents.xml.

Under Logs

-- NOTE: This kind of logging does not work in GUI version.
-- For such, please compile the software with __GUI_LOGS__ flag.

After Deleting all this line's it shold work. :thumbup:

You should make a Restart funktion in the exe so it restart if it crash:D

Hello ELF. First, I want to thank you and your team for the excellent work called Forgotten Server. I am a professional in System Development and an Admin from an Open Tibia Server. But regarding the version 8.5 I am facing a real trouble, users can just open the Prompt of Command from Windows, then type: telnet MyIPAddress 7171

I would appreciate a lot if you get me an answer, since my server has so many players online who are loosing their faith on my server, because of the crashes that happens.

Btw, I use Windows XP, a friend mine has also tested the same in Windows 2003 because of this version has more security, but unfortunely the crash also happens on that version too. That is sad.

Best Regards

i saw this to i tested my server this is what happen to my server too and it's very enoying!

That restart funktion you talk about not going to work in the exe file.

If you make something that crashes the server all time then you have a server restarting on and on.

So a restart software shold be good.
But a restarter is made already.

Best Regards

first you might try if there is someone making the crash try to /close server before anyone log in and if it shutdown might be another reason. if some one log in write their name and search for them or log on their accounts, try to make spells atack monsters ect...

first you might try if there is someone making the crash try to /close server before anyone log in and if it shutdown might be another reason. if some one log in write their name and search for them or log on their accounts, try to make spells atack monsters ect...

I am sure the problem is related to telnet myIpAddress port. since I asked some friends to test it and the server really crashed right after the test.

OMG the server is unstable! my server crashes 5-10 i days!! max ppl on server is 100

Like, my server is closing alone, and every time it appears close in the Logs/Admin.Log this error:
[11/09/2009 12:46:02] (Error - void ServiceManager:: run ()) NETWORK: There is no support for the operation attempted for the type of object to which reference is made

Someone from one help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back