• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling [8.54] TFS 0.3.6(Crying Damson) Trying to add more than 255 magic effects

baziol1235

Reaction score
Hi Guys ! i've read a lot of threads on otland and others forums, but still i can't add more than 255 magic effects. I was trying to change uint8 to uint16 in TFS source code:
Code:
void ProtocolGame::AddMagicEffect(NetworkMessage_ptr msg,const Position& pos, uint16_t type)
{
    msg->AddByte(0x83);
    msg->AddPosition(pos);
    msg->AddU16(type + 1);
}

void ProtocolGame::sendMagicEffect(const Position& pos, uint16_t type)
{
    if(type > MAGIC_EFFECT_LAST || !canSee(pos))
        return;

NetworkMessage_ptr msg = getOutputBuffer();
    if(msg)
    {
        TRACK_MESSAGE(msg);
        AddMagicEffect(msg, pos, type);
    }
}
I also tried to change this in const.h TFS source:
Code:
    MAGIC_EFFECT_LAST        = 0x187,

//for internal use, dont send to client
    MAGIC_EFFECT_NONE        = 0x187,
    MAGIC_EFFECT_UNKNOWN        = 0xFFFF
I tried compile my own OTclient with uint16 config :
Code:
int effectId;
        effectId = msg->getU16();
but it didn't work :( , so i have question what can i do more, or what am i doing wrong now ? And is there posibility to change the max limit of magiceffects animation in original tibia 8.54 client ? If there is posibility can U help me guys ? Please (PS. OFC i've got edited Tibia.dat to 381 magiceffects) sorry for my english

I can't understand it well, but this solution worked to other guys so i thought that it will work for me too. Can u help me doing it ? I also read that i can edit original tibia client in OllyDbg and change uint8 to uint16 ( do i need special kind of convert uint8 to uint16 ?)

Ok guys ;D ! i've done it , it's working on OTclient, can somone tell me how can i edit original tibia 8.54 client to read uint_16 for magic effects ?

There is posibility to change uint_8 to uint_16 in ollydbg and i know it, but i don't know how to do this. I tried doing like i found on other forum but my client had bug

Back