• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua (8.6) Guild Manager / Talkactions (0.3.6 crying damson)

Falazen

Reaction score
Hey everyone, long time lurker that's been asleep a long time.

I've been working on a full custom 8.6 that was used as a visual enhancement for a D&D group that has since dissolved, and have decided to open it publicly in the near future just for something hopefully different and fun for players to experience.

Something one of my beta testers pointed out was I don't have a guild system. Silly me, I checked talkactions and it's a... really bad system. You can't leave guilds, invite players, or modify / control anything. Any player can join any guild for any reason, etc etc. Naturally, It's since been disabled. The function is built into some other aspect of the distro (no guild.lua anywhere) that I can't seem to find to save my life.

I've since tried downloading other distros for a guild manager and scouring the forum, but to avail. Seems this is a rather common problem with few answers.

Does this distro simply not support guilds without a website / XAMMP system in place? I'm just a 1 man team, and really want to avoid having to use XAMMP due to it's inherent security flaws.

TL;DR: Do in-game guild managers even exist anymore, and if not, could anyone link / share a copy of their guild talk-actions?

Cheers and thanks for reading.
Falazen

XAMMP due to it's inherent security flaws
its not that "unsafe" if you don't use an outdated one, download the latest version and you should be fine, remember that latest versions usually come with bugfixes and security enhancements

PS: the xampp problem that existed years ago was because people used old versions of the software, by the way I suggest using UniformServ instead :p

its not that "unsafe" if you don't use an outdated one, download the latest version and you should be fine, remember that latest versions usually come with bugfixes and security enhancements

PS: the xampp problem that existed years ago was because people used old versions of the software, by the way I suggest using UniformServ instead :p

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm VERY out of the loop with where OTs have evolved over the last 5 years.

What exactly is UniformServ? 🤔 Does it work with SQLITE? Looking into it now.

uniformserver is an alternative to xampp

well, if I recall correctly, you don't need anything in order to make SQLITE work, just an editor I guess (tfs already take care of loading and saving things into it)

So, I've been trying to get this installed, but it un-ironically won't run. It's telling me I can't have spaces in my pathing, which funnily enough is IN my administrator name for my PC. Much less like half the folders. Bleh.

There isn't a tutorial you could link me to, is there?

Cheers

Back