• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.62] The Forgotten Server v0.2.8 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great Mark. I'll be testing 0.2.9 as soon as you release it.

Can't wait.:blink: :D

I guess it's only old g++ crying about that. I didn't get any compiling error with g++ 4.4.1, with -Wall. I'll fix it for 0.2.9 anyway. It shouldn't take too long before 0.2.9 is released (I just got 8.7 protocol support):
MZ0dt.png

freaking awesome talaturen.. keep it :D

Yeah it should be released soon, most of the code is working as expected :p

Looks simply fantastic, Talaturen!
Hopefully some of the newer revisions of TFS get these 8.7 updates too. It'd be very difficult to downgrade from 0.4 to 0.2 :p

Red
i hope this is applied to 0.3 soon to. 0.3-> 0.2 would be very annoying.

but nice release im glad we got one.

What is not going to be free?

Talaturen, i heave the bigest respect about you and all tfs team, in particular about you, but really, we don't credible that the good and full features of tfs team will be relised for free in a public subversion.

Why we think this ?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// OpenTibia - an opensource roleplaying game
// This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation
, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.
//
// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

#ifndef __DEFINITIONS__
#define __DEFINITIONS__

#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.6 allowed!"

#define SOFTWARE_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define SOFTWARE_VERSION "0.4_DEV"

People get banned from otland for redistribute the tfs 0.4, for give suport for non premium users, so wath mean "This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify" ?

Please dont clean this post like a lot of my posts, you made a question "What is not going to be free?".

And here is the answer.

You can't. That's the beauty of this distribution!

Well, not easily...you need to know LUA.

A status update on 0.2.9. Everything works without debug errors. The mount system is 100%, with lua functions to add, remove and check whether a player has a mount or not, and speed bonuses, everything configurable in the mounts.xml file, both mount and dismount working. Dismounts when you enter protection zone. What remains is to rescript the spells, the cooldown with spell icons, and to wait for the new otb file. During the time I wait for the new otb file, I might add a database manager to 0.2, support for account names, walkstack so that you can walk through players in protection zone without being able to walk at players who stand on glowing switches, and perhaps extended compatibility with 0.3.

Here is another screenshot:
56uAY.png

Hard to add this distribution onto this serv? http://otland.net/f464/8-6-real-server-map-96409/

You can help me make it compatible by telling me all the errors you have with that data pack in this server. I won't be adding entire systems like "mods" though.

Talaturen, i heave the bigest respect about you and all tfs team, in particular about you, but really, we don't credible that the good and full features of tfs team will be relised for free in a public subversion.

Why we think this ?

// OpenTibia - an opensource roleplaying game
// This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation
, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.
//
// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

#ifndef __DEFINITIONS__
#define __DEFINITIONS__

#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.6 allowed!"

#define SOFTWARE_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define SOFTWARE_VERSION "0.4_DEV"

People get banned from otland for redistribute the tfs 0.4, for give suport for non premium users, so wath mean "This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify" ?

Please dont clean this post like a lot of my posts, you made a question "What is not going to be free?".

And here is the answer.

That is because 0.4 is still a development version, we don't want to release unstable code, and we don't want anyone else to share it either because it is not finished! You are free to redistribute it, we are not (legally) stopping you from that, but that license doesn't stop us from preventing the premium users from receiving new copies.

Looks great.

A status update on 0.2.9. Everything works without debug errors. The mount system is 100%, with lua functions to add, remove and check whether a player has a mount or not, and speed bonuses, everything configurable in the mounts.xml file, both mount and dismount working. Dismounts when you enter protection zone. What remains is to rescript the spells, the cooldown with spell icons, and to wait for the new otb file. During the time I wait for the new otb file, I might add a database manager to 0.2, support for account names, walkstack so that you can walk through players in protection zone without being able to walk at players who stand on glowing switches, and perhaps extended compatibility with 0.3.

Here is another screenshot:
56uAY.png

You can help me make it compatible by telling me all the errors you have with that data pack in this server. I won't be adding entire systems like "mods" though.

That is because 0.4 is still a development version, we don't want to release unstable code, and we don't want anyone else to share it either because it is not finished! You are free to redistribute it, we are not (legally) stopping you from that, but that license doesn't stop us from preventing the premium users from receiving new copies.

Hey, look! It's me! :p

(Looks great!)

So wait, is this 100% working :O? Like the full 8.7 distro? Or is this still for 8.62 or whats the deal? Im very confuzzled.

So wait, is this 100% working :O? Like the full 8.7 distro? Or is this still for 8.62 or whats the deal? Im very confuzzled.

This is the 0.2.8 release thread, for 8.62.

So does this version include mounts and everything 8.7 tibia supports? or just some of it? Cause im amazed how fast this is released :O

So does this version include mounts and everything 8.7 tibia supports? or just some of it? Cause im amazed how fast this is released :O

0.2.9 hasn't been released yet. Talaturen posted an update screenshot.

(Read what was written above and below the picture) :p

Party exp share is fixed at this version? Server bug, when houses have much itens on same sqm is fixed?

How i can use LuaJIT?

The precompiled version is already using LuaJIT. If you want to compile with LuaJIT you should define __LUAJIT__ in your project.

Party exp share is fixed at this version? Server bug, when houses have much itens on same sqm is fixed?

Is there any bug with party exp share? I don't know if there is any bug when houses have a lot of items on the same square, but if there is it will not wipe out entire house because of single failure, just the specific tile. The bug might not be in the code, but the database structure (increase blob size) or MySQL max packet size.

Is this version stable and include all new features...?
Like new monsters and items?

I didn't find the new items and monsters in the server. is that correct?

---
Thanks for this GREAT release, I have very much respect voor the TFS team and always used their servers becouse they are very stable. and TFS team is simply the best! Keep going!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back