• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.54] Gray Dat Editor

Gold Ray

Reaction score
Hey. I haven't seen working dat editor for a long time, so it's time to introduce one : )

It works now for every client after introducing market, but won't work with previous ones (maybe I'll add them in the future). It's not very imposing, but have all the basic functions, except adding new items. I will add this, when I'll be sure that editing works well.

It requires .NET Framework 3.5 or higher.

ejwydi.png

977evq.png

avrnn9.png

In the last view:
- arrow buttons change the object view
- +/- buttons add/remove views
- "+A" - saves all dimensions and sprites to the clipboard, so you can easily copy the whole look of an object
- "<-" - applies those dimensions and sprites from the clipboard

http://www.multiupload.nl/DZ8BQVASU0

Report any bugs, it probably isn't perfect yet ;)

Approved

From that UI, I can see one problem, what if I wanted to make a bigger sprite, say 3x3, your app doesn't support sprites bigger then 2x2, right?

Approved

From that UI, I can see one problem, what if I wanted to make a bigger sprite, say 3x3, your app doesn't support sprites bigger then 2x2, right?
Yep, it doesn't support bigger than 2x2 as there is no such object in original file. If someone really uses such big items, I can add it.

It was just a comment :)
instead of using those buttons, use a simple text box where the user says how many width/height the image has

When I edited a sword and tried it ingame, it crashed. I tried to add an animation.

I'm using 9.44.

When I edited a sword and tried it ingame, it crashed. I tried to add an animation.

I'm using 9.44.
It looks like client or server has info which object it should animate and which not.
In the program everything looks ok, also when I add more frames to existing animations it also works well, but when i try to animate a static object, or leave only 1 frame in animating object, the client crashes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find any mistake in the code and client/server info seems the only reason to me.

It looks like client or server has info which object it should animate and which not.
In the program everything looks ok, also when I add more frames to existing animations it also works well, but when i try to animate a static object, or leave only 1 frame in animating object, the client crashes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find any mistake in the code and client/server info seems the only reason to me.

Yeah I think it's the client/servers prob too, but I can't find the reason :/

Can u please add option

"clear market comments"

which will clear every comments in items (example; "Plate Armor")?

:D

Man you are doing a great job, thanks for post this editor, i was wondering when the version with add item is going to be posted

please update it to 9.60 (test server client)

because cipsoft change algoritm of sprites xd

Last edited by a moderator:
Your project is very impressive, I congratulate you, be very very useful and would be willing to pay for if given the option to export and import.

I recommend you think about it and take it out once again congratulate you

Cannot download it, takes me to The Internet vs. Hollywood for some reason. Maybe you can attach it? Anyway nice work :p The sizing of the images could be improved a lot however, shouldn't be restricting to a predefined 2x2, rather drawing the images and canvas based on their dat properties.

Last edited:
Back