• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A change in Spells.xml does not let me open the server

Jpstafe

Reaction score
Hello, my server the spells are by levels, and I don't want it to be like that, I want it to be by magic level and x amount of mana... I've grabbed and changed everything manually. But when I open the server it doesn't open it and it closes so fast that I can't see the error it gives in the console.
Here's the old spells.xml:
XML:
<instant group="attack" name="Berserk" words="exori" lvl="35" mana="120" prem="1" needweapon="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/berserk.lua">
        <vocation name="Knight"/>
        <vocation name="Elite Knight"/>
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Cancel Invisibility" words="exana ina" lvl="26" mana="200" prem="0" aggressive="0" selftarget="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/cancel invisibility.lua">
        <vocation name="Paladin"/>
        <vocation name="Royal Paladin"/>
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Challenge" words="exeta res" lvl="20" mana="30" prem="1" aggressive="0" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/challenge.lua">
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Creature Illusion" words="utevo res ina" lvl="23" mana="100" aggressive="0" params="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" function="Illusion">
        <vocation name="Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Druid"/>
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Elder Druid"/>

And this spells.xml is the one I modified, one by one.
newspells.xml:
XML:
<instant group="attack" name="Berserk" words="exori" maglv="5" mana="150" prem="1" needweapon="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/berserk.lua">
        <vocation name="Knight"/>
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Cancel Invisibility" words="exana ina" maglv="12" mana="200" prem="0" aggressive="0" selftarget="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/cancel invisibility.lua">
        <vocation name="Paladin"/>
        <vocation name="Royal Paladin"/>
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Challenge" words="exeta res" maglv="4" mana="60" prem="1" aggressive="0" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/challenge.lua">
    </instant>
    <instant group="support" name="Creature Illusion" words="utevo res ina" magvl="10" mana="100" aggressive="0" params="1" exhaustion="2000" needlearn="0" function="Illusion">
        <vocation name="Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Druid"/>
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Elder Druid"/>
    </instant>

What am I doing wrong?

But when I open the server it doesn't open it and it closes so fast that I can't see the error it gives in the console.
there you go felipe

and next time tell us what server you are using, otherwise we can't know what tags the spells.xml supports as we are not magicians

there you go felipe

and next time tell us what server you are using, otherwise we can't know what tags the spells.xml supports as we are not magicians
GitHub - Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS1.2 (https://github.com/Brunowots/RealMap-Global-8.0-TFS1.2)
This is the OT, the maglv is enabled by default, I think what I did wrong is to delete all the terminals that have "lvl" can be?

I downloaded this server, added maglv='12' and ran normally. It's possible that you accidentally removed or deleted some lines, for example '</instant' missing '>'. Or maybe you removed some letters. I can't be sure. You posted something a little incomplete. So I made the Spells.xml file you wanted here. Just be careful to insert it correctly, without removing or adding spaces, to avoid headaches. I hope this helps.

Attachments

Back