• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A letter to the Otland Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
I understand how Talaturen feels and why he has done it.

I was against the entire thought of premium for marketplace, but now look at it if you are still angry;

People come here and leech everyday, giving NOTHING back to Otland what-so-ever.
Talaturen and his team of devs work to give you a stable source to run YOUR otservs on so YOU can make cash.

I was against it, yes. But now, think of it logically.
I'm not asslicking, its the truth.

Doesn't anyone remember back to the good old days when everything was released for free? Open Tibia was really OPEN.

Sure Talaturen hasn't implemented things we all want.
I don't blame them if they haven't.
Why?
Because it's all TAKE TAKE TAKE.

The Otland Community is a disgrace. When I moved from Otfans to here, I noticed the difference. Insults everywhere, immaturity. It rubs off on the community. Trust me.

I don't expect any of you to give a shit, I just felt like writing my second thoughts on it after looking at it and immidiate raging on the Feedback forum.

~ Thanks.

I'm with Talaturen in this. This is not merchandise forum. If you want to sell your stuff visit eBay or other websites like this. OTServ should remain free.

Sure, it pains me to see a thread like Amoaz's getting closed, since he was offering a legitimate service and has helped people. On the other hand, as a community we've got nobody to blame but ourselves.
arguecat.png

If it hadn't been for scammers and users posting crap that obviously isn't theres to make a few quick bucks, this wouldn't have even been an option. I remember an OTland without a marketplace, it was a great community, and by no means limiting the use of it is going to make it a lesser community.
Hell, most of you are concerned about one less opportunity to make a quick buck. This has positive and negative effects on everybody - I, for one, am suffering because I have less potential things to buy for my server.
But you know what? I support the decision nonetheless, we've all probably been scammed before. The pro's heavily outweigh the cons. Besides, I feel like you should have to give in order to receive.

Red

Do Moderators/Global Moderator's get to post on the marketplace without being Premium? XD

I'm not against Talaturens decision in the least, although I don't use the marketplace, which is a huge factor, but every time someones against a change, Talaturen always comes back with a Logical explanation thats suits the purpose for the change.

As he did with this. He made the right choice.

I expect the non-premium marketplace moving to the General forum tho :p.

But I got somewhat used to it. OT is a huge money bowl right now and I somewhat feel the same about Premium membership. Just for the money. For sure understandable.
It'd be weird if you made a premium feature without the money in your mind at all. Even though it might not be profitable.

They are paying for the webserver, and wasting their time to develop this server for people to make money on their OTServers.

You want them to just watch as everyone is making money out of their efforts?

tala gets tons of cash of the 'donations' here. he should either remove the marketplace or keep it open to all ppl, I mean; he said that he wanted a free & open community, he just made the people who pay get the stuff -.-' but hey! he gets more cash XD

tala gets tons of cash of the 'donations' here. he should either remove the marketplace or keep it open to all ppl, I mean; he said that he wanted a free & open community, he just made the people who pay get the stuff -.-' but hey! he gets more cash XD

The money Talaturen gets from otland is being invested in otland.

Did you know the package that the "like" button came in cost 150 USD?

Did you know the package that the "like" button came in cost 150 USD?

1. where did u read that?

2. so u mean that he did implement that for cash ;o?

3. if you do some math on the donators, you will realize they got no cash problem ;pp

1. where did u read that?

2. so u mean that he did implement that for cash ;o?

3. if you do some math on the donators, you will realize they got no cash problem ;pp

Go to google
Check how much a vBulletin license is
Check how much all the features Otland has costs

Then
Look at what Talaturen & his team have given the community

Then
Sit there and realise why he deserves the cash and how much he is actually putting into the forums.

Go to google
Check how much a vBulletin license is
Check how much all the features Otland has costs

Then
Look at what Talaturen & his team have given the community

Then
Sit there and realise why he deserves the cash and how much he is actually putting into the forums.

no u do the math how much he earns. i appreciate otland very much and so, but didnt he just said that it should be free? well it now costs to sell, dafuq ;D

doonu what he has but anyway he can easily afford it, just check aAAAAAAAAAAAAL THE BLUE NAMES!

bphCK.png
aa now u think about webhotel, that is pretty cheap and i think korn host it frEE not sure lOL

Well I think in the beginning it was implented to make money for people, but it looks like there is comming an end to cipsoft maps and the donation items to earn money with it. I would like to thank Remere for the livestream mapeditor to make it possible for people to work on custom maps on groups. This will result in more custom servers. The only thing I hope is that more custom projects will finish and that people will get interested in custom ots again.

I would like to thank Remere for the livestream mapeditor to make it possible for people to work on custom maps on groups. This will result in more custom servers. The only thing I hope is that more custom projects will finish and that people will get interested in custom ots again.

Agreed! ©

@Crolly
So who said he isn't allowed to use some of his cash for his personal use?

@Crolly
So who said he isn't allowed to use some of his cash for his personal use?

he surely fkn is, but he has made enough - he is just trying to increase the monthly income it seems >_>

SRY CUZ MAD SOME RETARDS FKD MY MOPED LAST NIGHT SO I GO RAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back