• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new Looting system!

Would you like the ideia?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • More a less, needs some adds to make it better!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Ragna Story

Reaction score
Guys I was thinking in a totally new looting system to make in an ATS. It goes something like this:
Usually in Tibia, when you kill a monster, the corpse become a storage and the itens that it droops are inside it right ?(Now we have an exception that is the new "reward chest" for the bosses, but we will not consider this because it is no diference at all, only that you don`t need to rush to get the boss loot)
But I was thinking, if there is a chance to boost your loot, a way to have a higher chance to get a better drop, and if we can get it in a different way. Thinking is this I had this ideia, let`s make the Tibia skinning system a little bit better and more rewarding:

The Way to get Loot
What about skinning your enemies, and get better itens depending of your skill and tool, higher skill + better tools = better loot.
The loot
I was thinking based in an anime that I watch and I wonder it to be like:
You can loot only the creatures products, like: horns, capes, hair, leather... (They will have the creatures power, and will be used to create potions, armors, weapons, ...)
And you will always loot a creature crystal, the weaker creatures will drop smaller crystals and the bigger will drop larger ones, this crystal can be used to make a bunch of thinks (They will be like the catalyst to make the itens, you will always need crystals to make any item in the game, the powerful the item, then more crystals will be need) or sold to npc`s for gold (This will bee the gold that they drop, it will have a random weight and it will be evaluated by that. You will have like a purse to carry then all together and sell all by once).

The skill and tools
What I am thinking in my ATS (Still in progress so it can change), is to have Skinning like a skill (Almost like Fishing), and there is gonna be a class that can level it up faster (For now let`s call then Supporters). You can also use different tolls (Like starting with a simple "Knife", and get better thinks like the "Obsidian Knife"), that will help you to get a even better loot. Like everyone will be able to get a good loot, but having one "Support" in your hunting group will make you get even better loots and become rich even faster!:)

So the thinks that I want to ask to you guys are:
1) It is a good ideia, or a horrible ideia? (Justify please)
2) About the crystals, did you think it can be like 3 crystal sizes and the high level creatures will drop bigger and many crystals or make it by weight (Like you can get a very big crystal from a strong creature, and a very small one from another more weak, but always only one crystal, I would make a pouch to carry and attach all the crystals)?
3) Would I use the "Knife" in the creatures body and get all the itens all by once (Including the crystal), or would I use it more times getting always one item at once and in the end destroy the body and get the crystal (Ore a bunch of them, how you prefer)?
4)Have anything to add, or take out?

Sorry about my english, I`m brazilian so, don`t know very much, please any suggestion write bellow and I will change it.

This suggestion is just looting made different, not looting made better.
Just feels like you're adding complexity for the sake of complexity.

An evolution to the loot system would be adding an optional Loot tab to the client (Like the skill and equipment tab).
This tab would show the corpse containers for the last $undefined creatures killed and would allow you to take that loot as you please.

Extra functionality gained:
  • Corpse containers are effectively opened automatically due to the tabs base function.
  • Corpses are never mixed up, lost or hidden due to forgetfulness or malice by other players.
TL;DR
Added functionality are improvements.
These suggested extra layers and added complexity is just different.

Last edited:
Sorry, your ideia is great.
But I`m a RPG player, and this is an RPG-lore friendly system.
Yes you have some great improvements to the game, but for me it is not like fun, it is just easier to play, not funniest. Yeah I`m adding complexity, but I and some other players like it, make the game a little bit more realistic.
You have a really great ideia, but it is not what I`m looking for. Thanks for the commentary any way!;)

Sorry, your ideia is great.
But I`m a RPG player, and this is an RPG-lore friendly system.
Yes you have some great improvements to the game, but for me it is not like fun, it is just easier to play, not funniest. Yeah I`m adding complexity, but I and some other players like it, make the game a little bit more realistic.
You have a really great ideia, but it is not what I`m looking for. Thanks for the commentary any way!;)

No I get it.
You're proposing a dynamic looting system.

Would you like me to elaborate?
Taking out the specifics of crystals and skinning the idea is:
  • Loot quality/chance tied to a skill that can be leveled and modified (modified by a higher level skinner for example).
Your specific suggestions:
  • Skill level only really viable on a new vocation.
  • Crystals have effectively replaced gold.
Don't make a lot of sense.

Why tie it to a vocation? now you need to build entire spell-sets and balance around this new vocation;
This is now the entirety of the selling point of your server, you may as well call it supporterera.

Gold has been replaced with crystals? why?
So you've replaced the idea of "forging items from creature materials and gold", to "forging items from creature materials and crystals".
But you know need to sell the bloody crystals if you just need normal gold.

I get the possible lore you can put behind the idea, but it doesn't really add anything.
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but good rpg elements have solid functionality improvements backing them - that's what inevitably makes them sic.

Last edited:
How about storageid that is when you StartHunt starts counting monsters killed and then after you lose pz EndHunt it gives whole loot and if (skinned count and give % chance) to get it all together? this lets us skip the oz part so we can waste all manas and runes! yay :)

I don't really see this as really replacing looting, but rather just adding a more indepth skinning system.

Which is perfectly fine, I'd rather creature products be moved to skinning rather than dropping inside of the corpse of a monster.

Adding a skinning skill allows for players to work towards something, and adds in an additional factor to the success rate of getting a creature product from a corpse, or ruining the corpse.

Having different items for skinning corpses is a good way to create items with utility, rather than straight power. Some items may add additional success rate based on what type of monster corpse it is, example "usinga blessed stake on a vampire, has a higher success rate than using a skinning knife, but only to vampires"

You can also have shops that require certain creature products addition to gold to purchase items, which forces players to actually want to get specific creature products. example: Hunters Armor requires 2 boar skins, 2 leathers and 2000 gold to buy.

As far as your crystal idea goes, I have no clue what the point of it is, and I think it is just additional work for no real reason.

Also, tying it to vocation is a horrible idea, it should be something everyone can do, like fishing.

I don't really see this as really replacing looting, but rather just adding a more indepth skinning system.

Which is perfectly fine, I'd rather creature products be moved to skinning rather than dropping inside of the corpse of a monster.

Adding a skinning skill allows for players to work towards something, and adds in an additional factor to the success rate of getting a creature product from a corpse, or ruining the corpse.

Having different items for skinning corpses is a good way to create items with utility, rather than straight power. Some items may add additional success rate based on what type of monster corpse it is, example "usinga blessed stake on a vampire, has a higher success rate than using a skinning knife, but only to vampires"

You can also have shops that require certain creature products addition to gold to purchase items, which forces players to actually want to get specific creature products. example: Hunters Armor requires 2 boar skins, 2 leathers and 2000 gold to buy.

As far as your crystal idea goes, I have no clue what the point of it is, and I think it is just additional work for no real reason.

Also, tying it to vocation is a horrible idea, it should be something everyone can do, like fishing.
pretty good idea, different skinning items could either have diff % chance to get a product, or a different amount if its the proper tool etc
products are definitely underused, especially in servers that have crafting etc

Back