• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A servers list that stores players

OT Archive

Reaction score
I've decided to learn react and chose to build a servers list as I found it fun.
Since we can grab online players and their levels from online servers, I've also decided to store them and allow their history to be seen.
OT Archive is born. It can now be used to keep an eye on each player activity, even if in a very limited way.
example.png

What kind of uses, you think, could be extracted from storing this kind of information?

For now I've built lists to show online, top and newest players.
Screenshot_20220819_143618.pngScreenshot_20220819_143714.pngScreenshot_20220819_143732.png

Here is a video of some features:

OT Archive is available on Google Play, Microsoft Store and at otarchive.com, if anyone wanna check it out.

It's a cool idea and the first time I remember seeing a otservlist provide this information. I like the concept a lot. How does the "namesakes" feature work?

Its a nice idea, i think we may extend (not changing anything that already exists) the ot status protocol so more data is sent (like outfit, skills, achievements, any event that matters for the characters).

It's a cool idea and the first time I remember seeing a otservlist provide this information. I like the concept a lot. How does the "namesakes" feature work?
Thanks! The namesakes page links other players with the same name, from different servers.
Post automatically merged:

Its a nice idea, i think we may extend (not changing anything that already exists) the ot status protocol so more data is sent (like outfit, skills, achievements, any event that matters for the characters).
Yeah, there's potential. If more data is sent, even if optionally, there could be lots of new tools that go beyond simple otlists.

Last edited:
I was going to say that :(

Would be nice to get some access to database dumps. Then anyone could make own analysis.
Are you planning to make frontend/backend open source?
No plans, for now.
However a public API could be something interesting to work on, but I would need a way to cover the costs.

Pretty awesome, would love to see it on the web too.

No plans, for now.
However a public API could be something interesting to work on, but I would need a way to cover the costs.
What would be the approximate cost?

Pretty awesome, would love to see it on the web too.

What would be the approximate cost?
I don't know, honestly. Not much experience with something like that.
When I think of a public API I think of lots of people using it, but realistically there won't be any demand initially.
Current setup is built with common website access in mind, which could handle an API with low demand, I believe.
It's object of study.

I would love to see a web frontend on this instead of an app. When I'm looking to play a server I'm at my computer but I do appreciate a layout that supports mobile.

I would love to see a web frontend on this instead of an app. When I'm looking to play a server I'm at my computer but I do appreciate a layout that supports mobile.
I completely agree with this!
I think having both options would be quite cool honestly, but personally, I'd choose accessing over web than an app.

dont include characters with GOD/GM status
They won't show on Top Players Lists, but will show on others.

I completely agree with this!
I think having both options would be quite cool honestly, but personally, I'd choose accessing over web than an app.
You can access it at otarchive.com

Here are all platforms where OT Archive is currently available on:
@otarchive | Linktree (https://linktr.ee/otarchive)

Update:
Server card now shows informed online / seen online instead of seen online / max.
Server page now shows Informed Players, Seen Players and Max Players separately.
Online Graph pages will now show Informed Online and Received Online.
Screenshot from 2022-08-25 14-48-43.png

Screenshot from 2022-08-25 14-51-35.png

Screenshot from 2022-08-25 14-52-24.png

I'm not completely sold on the card showing informed online / seen online idea/layout. I would like to extend it and show max and peak, but the tight space makes it limited. I've experimented with side scrolling the area, but didn't like the results.
Post automatically merged:

For now I've changed the card again so it shows only the "normal" online count and shows the other stuff using a tooltip. I might add an icon beside the number to hint there's more info.
1661456075773.png

Update:
Now testing a comments and reactions system for each server
1661560582134.png

Let's see if the spam will be manageable.

Last edited:
Update:
OT Archive will now attempt to save all online servers' websites to Wayback Machine, daily.
A link to Wayback Machine is now included in all server cards:
Screenshot from 2022-08-27 15-42-25.png

Websites are linked and added if a valid URL is received via status protocol.

I like that you split out informed and seen. I suspect normal for informed vs seen is the same value? Are the servers with informed < seen showing fake players in their website online list but returning "real" values for informed?

Servers will fight back but it would be cool to see some type of "trustworthy rating" on servers in regards to having fake data vs real data. The rating could work between 0 (not trusthworthy) and 100 (trustworthy). I looked at a few top servers and saw a lot players which static levels and long online times which most likely is fake chars.

Last edited:
I love that you split out informed and seen. I suspect normal for informed vs seen is the same value? Are the servers with informed < seen showing fake players in their website online list but returning "real" values for informed?

Servers will fight back but it would be cool to see some type of rating on servers in regards to having fake data vs real data. I looked at a few top servers and saw a lot players which static levels and long online times which most likely is fake chars.
It's normal for informed and seen to be the same, informed to be 1-5 over seen or even informed to be drastically less than seen in a few cases.
Seen is the count of all players received during the check, so I would say that if informed is much higher than seen, something might not be right.

Indeed there's a lot of players that never change levels and this could be used to influence some kind of rating. It's a nice discussion to have.

Update:

Extras page added, containing info such as:
  • Total Servers
  • Total Players
  • Most Used:
    • Clients
    • PVP modes
    • EXP rates
    • Maps
    • Engines
    • Player Names

OT Archive is now live on Amazon Appstore

Very cool system, this is an actual interesting server list.
Unlike the other garbage ones launched recently which are just worse versions of otservlist.

But the list itself is not very good. I think you should try to make it more presentable. And if you go into a server have these advanced stats where you see player names Etc. Then players can make their own minds if its spoofed based on this data.

Very cool system, this is an actual interesting server list.
Unlike the other garbage ones launched recently which are just worse versions of otservlist.

But the list itself is not very good. I think you should try to make it more presentable. And if you go into a server have these advanced stats where you see player names Etc. Then players can make their own minds if its spoofed based on this data.
Thank you.
Could you please elaborate on why you think it's not presentable and on what could be done?

Back