• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A social problem in an English Speaking country.

Nikodada

ƧнääиκƵ- TheWalkingDead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Yesterday I got a task/project (kind of a big one) from my English teacher. The task/project is a formal oral presentation project with power point support.
The presentation have to be really well constructed and I have to talk about it for atleast 12minutes. I've chosen the country New Zealand because it's unique (Everyone chosed Ireland, England & America..).
So what I'm asking here is if you guys are aware of any big social problem in New Zealand that is a little bit unique (For example, everyone chose like "Many homeless students in England/America/Australia" etc. I want something unique! :)
I'm really aiming for a good grade on this (A or B).

I'll be handing out a DOTA 2 Key and Reputation for the help :). (Only got 2 keys left FYI).

Thanks in advance,
ShaankZ.

PS. If anything is unclear, feel free to send a PM or reply here and I'll try to explain it more.

Last edited:
Luckily for you I'm from New Zealand,

• Domestic violance is a huge issue in New Zealand, particularly in Maori, Pacific Islander families.
  • Wages are a problem also (too low)
  • alcoholism is an issue
  • Gambling (pokie machines)
  • Racism (Maori vs Pakeha)

Need any others lemme know

Zealand
Good luck.

oh whops, thanks xD!

Luckily for you I'm from New Zealand,

• Domestic violance is a huge issue in New Zealand, particularly in Maori, Pacific Islander families.
  • Wages are a problem also (too low)
  • alcoholism is an issue
  • Gambling (pokie machines)
  • Racism (Maori vs Pakeha)

Need any others lemme know

Thanks alot! What's your email? So I can send you the dota2 key =).

If only you chose England I could give you a trillion things that is wrong with this fucked up country.

Main issues here in New Zealand are:
  • Domestic Violence - "Every 3 weeks an infant is killed due to domestic violence" - NZ Statistics
  • Alcoholism - NZ student life mentality: "Get on da piss mate, get on da piss."
  • Teen Suicides - We have the highest teen suicide rate in the world (If I remember correctly).

Last edited:
Discrimination because they are sheep shagging bastards ;) the "welsh" of oceana/australasia ;)
Trololol

Main issues here in New Zealand are:
  • Domestic Violence - "Every 3 weeks an infant is killed due to domestic violence" - NZ Statistics
  • Alcoholism - NZ student life mentality: "Get on da piss mate, get on da piss."
  • Teen Suicides - We have the highest teen suicide rate in the world (If I remember correctly).

Unemployment, is also an issue. huehue

Isn't there issues with your farming? Droughts etc?

- - - Updated - - -

And your milk industry ;£

Wait a minute, alcoholism? domestic violence? racism? unemployment? homeless and people starving? arent this some problems in all the world, and not just in australia? I think you must be more especific. Or I dont know, maybe your teacher only wants to hear some bullshit that maybe he already know.

I see somewhere that Australia have more shark attacks than any other place of the world. Weekly, monthly and anualy.

Wait a minute, alcoholism? domestic violence? racism? unemployment? homeless and people starving? arent this some problems in all the world, and not just in australia? I think you must be more especific. Or I dont know, maybe your teacher only wants to hear some bullshit that maybe he already know.

I see somewhere that Australia have more shark attacks than any other place of the world. Weekly, monthly and anualy.

pueHxs.png

And yes they're probably almost definitely problems worldwide, but he asked for the major social problems in New Zealand, are we not part of the world? ;o

LoL?

Do you have to chose one issue or the whole country?

Btw do not mistake New Zealand for Old Zealand.. New Zealand - YouTube

Last edited:

lolwut

A Second go
  • Teenage Pregnancy
  • Obesity, NZ has a very high obesity rate in comparison with the rest of the OECD.

You'll find a lot more on the Ministry of Social Development site:
The Social Report 2010

Back