• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A trip down the OT memory lane.

Demnish

Tibian Hero
Solutions
Reaction score
Remember the first 7.1 OT you ever played?
Remember that 7.1 had an actual built in IP changer by Cipsoft?
Remember that other website that shared distros etc that had ugly layout that was before OTLand existed?

What do you guys remember?
If you have pics or the like, you'll get bonus points. :cool:

I remember playing on some 7.6 OTS but I started playing Tibia on 7.92, so I dont enjoy 7.1/7.4/7.6 at all.
About website, I remember one with a lot of awesome sprites. WoF/WoT? I dont remember the name :(

Yeah Survival Server 7.1 by Dark-Bart was the first server I logged into.

No pics, but I can run the server if you want to login to it.

There've been a few OT websites w/ ugly layouts, including OTLand.
OTCommunity.org was the first I joined, then TibiaFans.net, then OTFans.net.

I dont know if its The first one, but Close to first. Pvp server, no monsters, big Square map with temple in cente(This is the time Before OT had floors above level 7). Your own account(i Think, or 1/1). Characters didnt save progress so when you die or logout, back to lvl 50 or w/e. You lvl up real fast, like 2-3 lvls each kill.

Best OT memory ever! You Always get so excited to lvl up fast, doing more dmg quickly, cause the higher lvl you are its more and more common for people to gang up and kill you, which gets you back to lvl 50, or if you logout.

I dont know if its The first one, but Close to first. Pvp server, no monsters, big Square map with temple in cente(This is the time Before OT had floors above level 7). Your own account(i Think, or 1/1). Characters didnt save progress so when you die or logout, back to lvl 50 or w/e. You lvl up real fast, like 2-3 lvls each kill.

Best OT memory ever! You Always get so excited to lvl up fast, doing more dmg quickly, cause the higher lvl you are its more and more common for people to gang up and kill you, which gets you back to lvl 50, or if you logout.

Temple in middle, surrounded by dirt floor and some stone walls around in square shape? I remember those!

I remember one the first OT that only had one bug spawn and the pathfinding was bad, characters also skipped from sqm to sqm. Also the capture the flag OT where you spawn in one of the sides and had to push some item to the other side, without any scripting.

Cip removed ip changer because of the OTs.

Old Yurots 7.72 or something was damn fun,I remember i was the highest lvl and was super cocky, one day this knight came into the server from no where and was like ”you cant kill me” so i started to try to kill him. Turns out, this stupid knight was friends with the owner and he started throwing SD’s my way and I was like wtf and boom dead. Haha good times.
also all the fast atk servers was so fun!

One server I remember as well is “Radonia” I think the name was, that was a super fun server.

I remember my first OT was some war server and they had an account for you to log on and choose out of like 50 players from the RL Tibia high scores. Was hell a lot of fun! I remember you got to play Apitov (back in the days i played on Valoria).

Also Rise of Abbadon was the best OT's around in my opinion, at that time it was crazy what they did with that server with all the scripts and story telling, it is what Tibia should've been. I also think it was from GM Death or something. I am so glad that 10 years later the community is still existing.

I remember this server, it was tliff.de

A photo from my first map and from my first server. The server was created for a group of my friends. No multi-floor.

n35xZUq.jpg

ReHd79b.jpg

Some weird mistake. I can't remember what it was about.

DdDgTV1.jpg

The most popular distribution in those years - Survival 7.1. Its biggest problem was a boring and repetitive map. I mean the desert climate, fortunately you could take a boat to places with some greenery and underground.

FNu5MG3.jpg

G2DDL1X.jpg

on8ivwa.jpg

One of the first map editors to allow the creation of multi-floor maps. It was probably created by Sim0ne... may be confusing for me, please correct me. Sim0ne you are great!

Xx6Ot9G.jpg

Do you remember Survival 7.1? I undertook to create a completely new map of my own in those years. My server was for some time one of the most popular 7.1 servers in Poland. Unfortunately I do not have any more photos.

SLMxShI.jpg

And here's the map editor for Survival 7.1 in Brazilian... Imagine how long it took me to work out this miracle. There was no map preview...

yYocmsQ.jpg

My attempts to compile the source code. I remember how many libraries I had to download to make this thing work.

SqXbn5h.jpg

Some map tracker from ancient times. Author of JXB. By the way, JakeXBlaster was a legend in those days.

yWYTB8h.jpg

My drawing from 15 years ago, I think... I drew it in one of the boring school lessons.

15sbaNF.jpg

I remember my first OT was some war server and they had an account for you to log on and choose out of like 50 players from the RL Tibia high scores. Was hell a lot of fun! I remember you got to play Apitov (back in the days i played on Valoria).

Also Rise of Abbadon was the best OT's around in my opinion, at that time it was crazy what they did with that server with all the scripts and story telling, it is what Tibia should've been. I also think it was from GM Death or something. I am so glad that 10 years later the community is still existing.

Was the first one you mention 7.6? On a small but well mapped island, with 2 spawn points basically: a boat and a mountain top?

I hosted something that roughly sounds like that. It was an island from the Legendaria map and at some point I had bots constantly fighting each other, forming parties, having exhaustion, and dropping loot, basically behaving like “real” players haha.

Edit: removed double quote.

I didn't start making Open Tibia servers until about 2006 and I remember watching this video way back on how to start my own server. I remember it cus I thought that wallpaper was the coolest shit ever. That Windows XP logo, lmao.

I also remember the old site, open-tibia.com:

There you can find old distros as well.

But I started playing a lot earlier, but I can't remember which servers. I don't have any pics saved sadly. I was very active on OtFans back in the days.

Last edited:
About website, I remember one with a lot of awesome sprites. WoF/WoT? I dont remember the name :(
Wolves on Prey, a gallery that had a lot of spriters, and cipsoft freelancers as well.
WoT was the World of Tibia forum, the cipsoft freelancers were moderators on the spriting board.

A photo from my first map and from my first server. The server was created for a group of my friends. No multi-floor.

n35xZUq.jpg

ReHd79b.jpg

Some weird mistake. I can't remember what it was about.

DdDgTV1.jpg

The most popular distribution in those years - Survival 7.1. Its biggest problem was a boring and repetitive map. I mean the desert climate, fortunately you could take a boat to places with some greenery and underground.

FNu5MG3.jpg

G2DDL1X.jpg

on8ivwa.jpg

One of the first map editors to allow the creation of multi-floor maps. It was probably created by Sim0ne... may be confusing for me, please correct me. Sim0ne you are great!

Xx6Ot9G.jpg

Do you remember Survival 7.1? I undertook to create a completely new map of my own in those years. My server was for some time one of the most popular 7.1 servers in Poland. Unfortunately I do not have any more photos.

SLMxShI.jpg

And here's the map editor for Survival 7.1 in Brazilian... Imagine how long it took me to work out this miracle. There was no map preview...

yYocmsQ.jpg

My attempts to compile the source code. I remember how many libraries I had to download to make this thing work.

SqXbn5h.jpg

Some map tracker from ancient times. Author of JXB. By the way, JakeXBlaster was a legend in those days.

yWYTB8h.jpg

My drawing from 15 years ago, I think... I drew it in one of the boring school lessons.

15sbaNF.jpg
I am making a server using this survival map transformed to 7.72 version, with option between 7.1/7.4/7.72 graphics for nostalgia purposes. It will also feature many other nostalgia retro maps, but in an unfashionable style (they will be different maps, in same world, but not connected to each other :)

First ots were magical. They would only come online once in awhile for a short time. As soon as a good one came on, it would instantly get flooded with players. After a few hours they went down again.

The first one I remember was a thais war map with 2 teams to login. One account had a top level knight in white citizen outfit named similar to "catsumoto".
Not that 7 team war ot from danger. That was just a botter fest... This one actually started changing rune sprites as anti bot measure.

I remember when guilds started making private ots to practice pvp. We would just login and start fighting each other. Our server admin would also spawn random creatures and made a slime boss called George Bush lol.

Lmao, custom monsters like Dane Cook also. Does anybody remember the server where you could play as Demon/Giant Spider/Dragon/Mino etc and it was basically like any other pvp-e war ots, except each monster had a different spawn point (but didn't have special skills or anything, still pala/druid/knight/sorc vocs)... Also I remember the GM's would aimbot explosion rune on themselves everywhere they do and would instakill you if you got near them :p. I remember they were also pretty cool, I got some fre itens from them once :d

Back