• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A warning about Gunzodus

DakotaCoty

The behemoth
Reaction score
Hey all.

I have an important little informative paragraph about the server 'Gunzodus' that I want people to read and listen to. If you've heard of this OT, even enjoy this OT you might want to reconsider not playing it after you've read the following.

Disclaimer: I am not banned on their OT, I have donated to their OT (I haven't charged back) but I feel everyone needs to proceed with caution (read below).

1) GM Corruption / rude staff
As it stands right now, corruption is found on some OT servers. On Gunzodus, they took it to the extreme where they boosted one of their friends that died in PvP. He was boosted from 184 -> 273 (#5 on the highscores at the time). After I had pointed it out in help channel, 30 minutes later his deathlist was cleared. People made topics on the forums, all ignored despite the owners commenting on other topics. The player is called Majestic Larz (who also duped and bragged about it in my TS as King of lords with a zero).

Senior tutors on this OT are going as far to telling people that they should have been killed for making a topic about redskulls.
iGtqO2hbx.png

2) Your IP address and why it is not safe on this OT.
The team that had the boosted character were also well known on the server for dosing people during wars or if they were about to be attacked whilst hunting. They obtain your IP address from connecting to TS or if the GMs want to give you the IP addresses (which has happened).

Multiple threads have been made countless times about action being taken against the people that are grabbing IP addresses, majority of them ignored.

https://www.gunzodus.net/?subtopic=forum&action=show_thread&id=46190
and https://www.gunzodus.net/?subtopic=forum&action=show_thread&id=46177
https://www.gunzodus.net/?subtopic=forum&action=show_thread&id=46119

3) Banning people for not following rules / people unbanned due to request (what?)
Several people on the OT were botting magic level at the magic shop (somehow against the rules), when they got reported, they were banned without question. The person that had been banned submitted proof of someone using the same script and also using MC to block Gengia DLs (different period of time), yet action was not taken.

https://www.gunzodus.net/?subtopic=forum&action=show_thread&id=45967

The player in this thread was banned for spamming (in game not on the forums), so they made a topic on the forums, I believe two topics actually and demanded to be unbanned.

4) Duping
I made a post on the forums about people duping, and nearly 2k views, no response from any staff members. I did face a load of abuse from the players because I had posted images from my TS of their IP addresses which linked their accounts in the database. Gunz (the actual owner) asked me in game to e-mail the proof (as I removed the IPs from the post due to request) only to have him tell me that he cannot do anything.

(I cannot post these screenshots here as they contain the IP addresses).
Note: The team duping was the same team with the boosted characters, and the team that somehow manages to have access to people's IP addresses on this OT.
Ec9BoiZ5F.png

5) Forum spam and no moderation (unless you're not in their team then you get banned).
Want to guess it again? You're right, the SAME team that always avoid bans, have people's IP addresses and duped also spam the forums freely with insults.

zVkzInONr.png

I am making this post because I want my fellow Tibians to be safe online, have fun and to enjoy themselves. I don't feel that they are going to with this OT. This OT is not safe for you to play on a competitive level, such as wars etc... Your IP address will be given out by the GMs if you challenge the leading team.

Be safe all!

Edited: added some more information, shrunk images.

Last edited:
Lol, fucking noobs.
@gunz You got fucking caught. =). Please be a normal Owner.

Lol, fucking noobs.
@gunz You got fucking caught. =). Please be a normal Owner.

I know for a fact me making this post they'll ban me for bringing it to OTLand, but people need to know that they are not safe whilst connected to this OT.

Thank you @DakotaCoty for alerting the community about this even tho you're risking being banned off their server. It requires alot of courage to do such a thing, one should not feel unsafe about how their IP Address is handled by staff.
The owners of this OT should feel ashamed if the events described in this thread ever took place and instead of them replying to this thread afterwards trying to disprove that this ever happened they should try to fix the errors instead of creating more of a mess than they're already in.

Thank you @DakotaCoty for alerting the community about this even tho you're risking being banned off their server. It requires alot of courage to do such a thing, one should not feel unsafe about how their IP Address is handled by staff.
The owners of this OT should feel ashamed if the events described in this thread ever took place and instead of them replying to this thread afterwards trying to disprove that this ever happened they should try to fix the errors instead of creating more of a mess than they're already in.

I appreciate the support. I just want people to be safe in the community - I tried to raise the issues on the actual forums of this OT, and was riddled with trolls and insults.

Hello,

Firstly, I really do not understand the point of this topic since every problem (not really a problem) you have mentioned can be discussed on our forum or by email. The second owner, Vallais, who is mainly responsible for the player support always reply in the short period of time. Also I would like to say that I would not ban you, since I have never banned someone for telling what he wants, even forum trolling. We live in a free world.

Secondly, I find very strange that you specially created account on otland to make Gunzodus a bad name. I think that probably someone learns something from the russian propaganda and hire you as an "otland troll" for making Gunzodus a bad name.

Now about the points you mentioned:
1.) Tutors are not owners/creators of the OT. Everyone can be promoted to Tutor if he do something good for the community. Tutor is not executive role. However, we cannot predict their behaviour and feel very sorry for that. That Tutor got immediately demoted after the thing happened.

2.) That is a lie. We know about the problems with DDOS between players. We are working hard on making our server stable so why we should give our player's ip addresses to ddos them ? However, we can not do anything from the server side. From my information all of that guild members were on the same teamspeak server where some hacker get their IP Address. We strongly recommend to use Gunzodus TS Server instead and you will be safe.

3.) Botting Magic Level in NPC is illegal on Gunzodus, however we usually unban players when that happen for the first time.

4.) Actually there is no any duping problem known on Gunzodus so you are probably misinformed. In the past, there were some dupe problem, where only small amount of items were dupped. That problem was immediately fixed.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or post on Gunzodus forum thank you.

Heres a few things you should do right now @gunz and a couple things you should listen to.

1. Remove the ability from gamemasters/community managers to see peoples IP Addresses to prevent ANY kind of abusing if you are a man of your word as even if you do not know about it, it might be happening behind your back. Remove it from onlook and /info command
2. A tutor is chosen by a god because that person is a good rolemodel to other players, not because the guy is online for 14 hours a day to hunt. The player should be chosen because he serves a good purpose to the server aswell
3. as a reply to 4).. He even provided a picture as you can see as a proof of people even admitting to having cloned items on their accounts so how can you still deny it?

Hello,

Firstly, I really do not understand the point of this topic since every problem (not really a problem) you have mentioned can be discussed on our forum or by email. The second owner, Vallais, who is mainly responsible for the player support always reply in the short period of time. Also I would like to say that I would not ban you, since I have never banned someone for telling what he wants, even forum trolling. We live in a free world.

Secondly, I find very strange that you specially created account on otland to make Gunzodus a bad name. I think that probably someone learns something from the russian propaganda and hire you as an "otland troll" for making Gunzodus a bad name.

Now about the points you mentioned:
1.) Tutors are not owners/creators of the OT. Everyone can be promoted to Tutor if he do something good for the community. Tutor is not executive role. However, we cannot predict their behaviour and feel very sorry for that. That Tutor got immediately demoted after the thing happened.

2.) That is a lie. We know about the problems with DDOS between players. We are working hard on making our server stable so why we should give our player's ip addresses to ddos them ? However, we can not do anything from the server side. From my information all of that guild members were on the same teamspeak server where some hacker get their IP Address. We strongly recommend to use Gunzodus TS Server instead and you will be safe.

3.) Botting Magic Level in NPC is illegal on Gunzodus, however we usually unban players when that happen for the first time.

4.) Actually there is no any duping problem known on Gunzodus so you are probably misinformed. In the past, there were some dupe problem, where only small amount of items were dupped. That problem was immediately fixed.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or post on Gunzodus forum thank you.

1) The tutors that you have promoted are ruining your OT, spamming forums and they COULD get IP addresses from (Vallais instructed me that you had changed it though.) The fact that these people are notorious trolls, leaves me to the fact why you'd promote them. They don't create the OT or own it, however, they represent your OT. They are putting it into disrepute.

However, Vallais is your secondary owner of the OT, and sits there calling people that ask not-so-smart questions 'retards' and speaks to people like shit. You make stealth changes to hunting spots so that only EKs can hunt there and also increase the per/s on your donation items, only to be told that "if you make another complaint i will deal with it else way." was what Vallais said to me.

2) IP addresses are being taken from people; you can get someone's IP address from Gunzodus TS if it isn't secured enough. Senior tutors, GMs and Gods can right click on someone and see their connection info (unless this was removed). They gathering people in their own TS and collecting IP addresses (something that you cannot prevent) but you link the people that are doing it.

3) If it's illegal, why was certain players not banned but only banned when they started to climb the highscore boards? It seems like double standards?

4) The duping problem that you don't know about? You mean, when Vallais logged into Boonex' character and it came up on the little notification wheel whilst the server was offline and they said "My character has just been logged in going to be banned" (Which I submitted proof of). The cloning goes as following:
If an OT crashes without a save and you trade your EQ over and don't relog but the other person does, it saves their character file but not yours meaning that you get the items back.

Whilst Vallais was crashing the database, blaming it on a 'hacker', they were duping countless numbers of donate items and even the guy you boosted Majestic Zarz was duping. Yet, despite the proof I gave to you, their team still trolls the game, forums and they are now posting pictures from people's Facebooks and social media accounts in attempt at a personal attack.

Finally, the problem right now, is that your server is insecure. Your 'support list' doesn't even work anymore or even show whom is online. People are being dos'd under your connection due to this. You ARE boosting people, they are cheating, you are failing to act, vallais is speaking to people like they're incomprehensible.

Every time I complain or post on your forums, Vallais threatens to ban me. So please don't tell me that I can message you freely, because I can't. And Vallais clearly isn't interested in my complaints.

Also, I had an account previously called 'luke55' but remade it because I couldn't change the username. Your attempt at calling me a troll because I'm on a new account is funny at best. My intent was not to insult you, or your server but make a review of your actions and insecurities on the OT and your failure to act against them.

Vallais' recation to someone getting hacked:
roScafHAC.png

Someone complaining about the damage:
95IVaHH32.png

Acting clueless when people post on the forums about dosing:
ySoll7Bye.png

TL;DR
Gunz said I can post on the forums, but I cannot. I got threatened with banishment by Vallais when I posted last time. And it's nearly impossible to get into contact with him in-game.

Last edited:
Heres a few things you should do right now @gunz and a couple things you should listen to.

1. Remove the ability from gamemasters/community managers to see peoples IP Addresses to prevent ANY kind of abusing if you are a man of your word as even if you do not know about it, it might be happening behind your back. Remove it from onlook and /info command
2. A tutor is chosen by a god because that person is a good rolemodel to other players, not because the guy is online for 14 hours a day to hunt. The player should be chosen because he serves a good purpose to the server aswell
3. as a reply to 4).. He even provided a picture as you can see as a proof of people even admitting to having cloned items on their accounts so how can you still deny it?

The pictures I showed didn't have their IP addresses (which was linked to their gunzodus account) the ones that did, was sent to Gunz, only to be told he can't do anything about it.

@DestinationSer
1. That is already removed for past 2 weeks. Thank you for recommendation anyway.
2. A lot of people apply for tutor position everyday. I accept we should choose tutors more carefully.
3. I said there is a possibility that some items got cloned but that bug was immediately fixed. We decided to not do any special action, which can affect more players, (like use database backup) since only small amount of items were cloned.
4. I said that players got IPs from some strange TS which is not in out administration. It is also easy to get an IP if you know someones name on Skype. Gunzodus TeamSpeak is secured against that so we recommend to use it.

Also I will have a strong discussion with Vallais about his behaviour.

How do people expect things from gunzodus? It's an old server with bugs like a thing ive been annoyed with (tiles from stairs to dragons in Yalahar) that probbly still haven't been fixed. Unless they "upgraded" to ORTS map.
It's a P2W server no matter what anyone else says, atleast IMO. I haven't playd that last version since I feel there is no reason at all to waste time on a thing that have just gotten resets and lower exp stages.

@WibbenZ

You should take a look at last version, hehe.

Last edited:
@DestinationSer
1. That is already removed for past 2 weeks. Thank you for recommendation anyway.
2. A lot of people apply for tutor position everyday. I accept we should choose tutors more carefully.
3. I said there is a possibility that some items got cloned but that bug was immediately fixed. We decided to not do any special action, which can affect more players, (like use database backup) since only small amount of items were cloned.
4. I said that players got IPs from some strange TS which is not in out administration. It is also easy to get an IP if you know someones name on Skype. Gunzodus TeamSpeak is secured against that so we recommend to use it.

Also I will have a strong discussion with Vallais about his behaviour.

So the vulnerability was there and you removed it over two weeks ago so the chance was still there. The problem is that you promoted 3 people in the same team to Senior Tutor for a long period of time - allowing them to store IPs. If you aren't aware, EU law changed the IP addresses for most countries, IP addresses for home owners are now LEASED instead of being dynamic. Meaning, people would have to phone up to get their IP changed due to your vulnerability.

Bottom line is (with regards to duping), you don't want to ban the team on the server because they have a presence and the only English team. Not to mention, you boosted someone that was in their guild and you still haven't told us why you boosted him to #5 on the levels highscore and THEN cleaned his deathlist thinking we wouldn't notice.

I've had people that spoken to you that Aly (the new GM) got promoted by you because you know him and he's a friend. I had Vallais tell me in whisper that he won some GM competition.

I understand you want the active people as members of staff, but there's so many security issues (as with any OT) but there seems to be more here. I'm not here to talk about the quality of the OT itself, I'm here to inform people that there's strong chance of account compromise on this OT, which there is. People have reported several issues to you and mostly ignored except for ones regarding donation problems (funny that).

@WibbenZ

You should take a look at last version, hehe.

Last version I played was worse with the GM corruption, GM Chosen teleporting level 100's into Gnomevil if he didn't like them, teleporting his friends into premium reward points.

The GM corruption of that extent hasn't happened this reset, but, you are letting people get away with duping, server forum spam and being racist / homophobic. And your 'secondary owner' Vallais, is joining by calling people retarded when they ask questions. A 'discussion' isn't going to change his attitude and also the Swedish team getting ahold of people's IP addresses is concerning.

As for the map bugs, Vallais said that he's fixing them yet nothing has been done. His import of Gengia was an utter joke.

Off-topic:
I have some information in this field. I do not know any of the EU law that forces ISPs to give static IPs to their customers. I live in the country which is part of EU and I have and always had dynamic IP from my ISPs. Nowdays, the EU even disallowed ISPs to store meta-data of customer communication. Probably you've got information about law in the usa or gb, which loves to check every naked photo someone post on the net haha.

Anyway, if the GM IP checking were enabled but the only one who can check that was GM Aly. He does not have any playing character on Gunzodus so what will be his motivation then ? I said the most using way to get player's IPs is TS or Skype and that cannot be protected from our side.

Also Vallais promised me he will change his behaviour on forum cuz in that point you were right.

Off-topic:
I have some information in this field. I do not know any of the EU law that forces ISPs to give static IPs to their customers. I live in the country which is part of EU and I have and always had dynamic IP from my ISPs. Nowdays, the EU even disallowed ISPs to store meta-data of customer communication. Probably you've got information about law in the usa or gb, which loves to check every naked photo someone post on the net haha.

Anyway, if the GM IP checking were enabled but the only one who can check that was GM Aly. He does not have any playing character on Gunzodus so what will be his motivation then ? I said the most using way to get player's IPs is TS or Skype and that cannot be protected from our side.

Also Vallais promised me he will change his behaviour on forum cuz in that point you were right.

Could be per country then instead across the EU then. You addressed two of the problems, the IP vulnerability and Vallais' attitude.

You still haven't given me a valid reason why you haven't banned the other mlevel botters and people that are KNOWN for dosing players on the OT and also why you were boosting people to highscore #5 then cleared their deathlist in an attempt to cover it up?

Bezieh and his crew are known for dosing people, yet they haven't been banned. I respect you for talking to me like a human being, unlike Vallais, but there are several problems and banishments that need to be handed out. The duping is a well-deserved permanent ban because a few people got to keep their items despite Vallais removing them from Don Casino (Boonex).

We can not ban someone because somebody says he is ddosing people.

Anyway I do not know any boosting, we did some char swapping between accounts but that is all so there some missinformation could occur.

GMs are not online non stop to ban mlvl botters so if someone get catched he will be immediately banned. You always get stopped by police if you overspeed driving a car ? We are not robots.

Back