• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Webdesign A web layout (NOT FINISHED)

Snel pUppie

Senator
Reaction score
I had nothing to do so I started to design a portfolio layout. It's not finished as you can see, pictures are missing both for the gallery and for the background...
Just wondering what you think about this kind of layout. Do you like it? How could I improve it? What about the color choice ? The text effects? My choice of font?

If I was gonna code it I would probably do rollovers on the gallery pictures and add some actions to make it moving, maybe marquee or something...

REMEMBER! It looks kind of empty because I can't be bothered to add some pictures and stuff since I am not planning to code this atm.

Here it is:

2q9gt93.png

Feel free to rate it from 1-10.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ boy67: Okay :) That's how it's supposed to be, a simple & clean website. I prefer those.

@Habiba: Thanks for your reply habiba. I believe a 6 is good for my unfisnished layout :D

actually, the font of the header, i'd give it a 10/10

what font is it, i like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little dark, kinda hard to read the text.. But I love the font you're using on the Header! :)

@ Boy67: Okay :p thanks...
The font on the header is called Edwardian Script ITC.
@ Empty: I have to work with texts...

Effects used on the header font: Drop shadow, Outer glow and Bevel and Emboss in Photoshop CS2.

This is how the header font would look like without effects added:

2pt56jc.png

Last edited:
This is gruesome. I'd give it a 4/10. Guess it's because I don't like your font.

4/10, you can't see anything :p The "image boxes" are almost invisible... If you didn't show me this private before, I'd never know they existed :p And the links down there are almost invisible, you only see the orange ones ^.-

This is my first time using this kind of font. I thought it would fit in because I have seen loads of these fonts in portfolios ;P I'll make an other layout later on, and I will try to make it complete. Thanks for the comments.

Don't give up that easily, I love it. Clean and really nice, gives a professional look as well. Don't just quit it because people don't like it, work on the flaws!

I wish I'd be able to give you any critism but unfortunately I can't. It's just amazingly nice! :)

This is my first time using this kind of font. I thought it would fit in because I have seen loads of these fonts in portfolios ;P I'll make an other layout later on, and I will try to make it complete. Thanks for the comments.

I'd like it, just that the picture isn't the best one?
*good work, keep it up!

Back