• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[WebDev] Taoprox's WebDev thread

Fjorda

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Everything I write, is bespoke and uses no libs or frameworks. For my web work, the languages I use are PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, and SQL, XML, JSON etc...
I thought I would share some of the recent things I've worked on lately, and some of the things I will be working on...
Today, I will start with...

EQ Panel + Depot/Inboxes website widgets

Over the years, I've made various classes of deserialization code for a lot of different stuff, but not long ago I made this.

The EQ panel, I made for Souls of Elysium. However, I only recently finished the depot and inbox panels (privately).

Depot and inboxes on a website can be useful for things like auction pages, and for admins to check player's depots and inboxes on the live server.

All PHP code use bespoke libs for deserialization and rendering. The depot/inbox data is sent to the page via JSON, and rendered using JS. All items share the same base methods and structuring, which enables them to be hovered and reveal custom attributes (linked to a item upgrading system for example). Full cache control is also present, with the cache being frozen while a player is auctioned, and 1 hour caches for anything else. Admins will be able to see uncached(live) data in the admin panel.

Let me know what you think :) and let me know if you have any requests or if you wanna see something cool!
(sorry for the slightly blurry video quality)

taoprox6.jpg

Last edited:
Back