• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint About selling/buying

Fablow

Intermediate OT User
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Fablow77
Well, when OTland decided that selling/buying is forbidden. It stated some restrictions. [As i call it]

Well, is this considered Selling/Buying?:

When people offer money for others people work on the forum and clearly stating they will "buy" or "pay" him/her as a job. This is 99.% in the Job secton.

Well, i want to know if this is totally LEGIT or if there is restrictions or maybe not allowed at all? [I know if it wasn't it would be allowed to post it]

This could lead to ripping people off, as like buying a server or people hosting for free for other people.

I believe they implented this as a way to keep OtLanders safe from scammers while they were online here. But as I actually work, I guess you can sell/buy if you do it at your own, not posting it in public, so it's at your own risk.

What they stated in the restrictions was:

Prohibited:
  • Selling/buying maps.
  • Tibia map requests.
  • Any other scam threads.

(But they made an exception, buying scripts...)
http://otland.net/f14/selling-buying-forbidden-24348/

But, some threads arn't buying scripts, they state they buy you pretty much just as a job.

Back