• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion About Trusted Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuhTreK

-=[Syphera]=-
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few posts about this, it looks like the community is afraid that a trusted member gets hacked.

For example:
Code:
http://otland.net/f15/disadvantage-trusted-members-40154/

The solution for this affair would be restricting access to these accounts to only certain IP ranges and install an AE detector(which can be easily found if you look in vBteam's forum).

If you dont know what an AE detector does, its just something that will check if 2 accounts are accessed from the same IP.

Tell me what you think ^^.

I think the chance of them getting hacked is the same as a mod, so it their arguments don't make sense in my opinion.

I think the chance of them getting hacked is the same as a mod, so it their arguments don't make sense in my opinion.

Then we could restrict IP's for Admins, mods and trusted members, all the important accounts.

Then we could restrict IP's for Admins, mods and trusted members, all the important accounts.

that would suck hard. I have 2 houses. also when I'm on vacation for 3 weeks for example I would be unable to login. Also other mods/admins notice it fast enough if someone gets hacked.

that would suck hard. I have 2 houses. also when I'm on vacation for 3 weeks for example I would be unable to login. Also other mods/admins notice it fast enough if someone gets hacked.

I have 2 houses too, you can allow more than 1 ip range for each account with just a comma.
And if its done right, mods/admins will never even know someone got hacked.

no thx...

BanHammer.jpg

I officially ban you from all my threads.

It's interesting, but not good I guess.

I wouldn't have access to my account until the administrators change the allowed IP to it, my IP address is always changing, that would be a disadvantage for me, and many other 'trusted' users.

Even for administrators, global moderators, board moderators, etc...

I don't support this idea, sorry. Ban me from your thread, if you decide so.

It's interesting, but not good I guess.

I wouldn't have access to my account until the administrators change the allowed IP to it, my IP address is always changing, that would be a disadvantage for me, and many other 'trusted' users.

Even for administrators, global moderators, board moderators, etc...

I don't support this idea, sorry. Ban me from your thread, if you decide so.

You guys dont get it, I said IP RANGE ffs. You guys really thoud the admin would have to keep changing your IP's?-.-

I would do it a bit different.

EVERY account every time logs in saves ur IP, next time when you log in it checks ur IP and if its not the same, then it ask u for second password, which has been set up before by the real user.

I would do it a bit different.

EVERY account every time logs in saves ur IP, next time when you log in it checks ur IP and if its not the same, then it ask u for second password, which has been set up before by the real user.

What about dynamic IPs? Users of those networks (e.g. Polish neostrada) would have to write the password very often... ^^

Doesn't dynamic ip'sonly change once a day as max?

It changes everytime you start internet service (neostrada's case: dslmon.exe), of course it doesnt change often when you are using ADSL router. Im not any internet expert, but Ive been using it (helps at rapidshare) :p

What about dynamic IPs? Users of those networks (e.g. Polish neostrada) would have to write the password very often... ^^

I'm sorry to say but its the second fucking noob that asks this.
We wouldnt restrict to a single IP address but an IP range, which covers all of your IP changes.

I'm sorry to say but its the second fucking noob that asks this.
We wouldnt restrict to a single IP address but an IP range, which covers all of your IP changes.

I didnt reffer to you, nor your sucky thread, in any way 'fucking noob'.
It was directed to Paxton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back