• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion About Trusted Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuhTreK

-=[Syphera]=-
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few posts about this, it looks like the community is afraid that a trusted member gets hacked.

For example:
Code:
http://otland.net/f15/disadvantage-trusted-members-40154/

The solution for this affair would be restricting access to these accounts to only certain IP ranges and install an AE detector(which can be easily found if you look in vBteam's forum).

If you dont know what an AE detector does, its just something that will check if 2 accounts are accessed from the same IP.

Tell me what you think ^^.

lol poor GuhTreK he keep insulting every1 on every thread, man calm down this is just a forum your not fighting for your life or something BTW your idea sucks....

lol poor GuhTreK he keep insulting every1 on every thread, man calm down this is just a forum your not fighting for your life or something BTW your idea sucks....

I banned you from my threads, just stop going on my profile to see my most recent posts ffs.

I banned you from my threads, just stop going on my profile to see my most recent posts ffs.

hmmm i havent visited your profile? BTW if you are smarter enought when you visit your profile there is a spot which says 'RECENT VISITORS' now guess what it means... BTW *Again* your idea sucks

how many people really trust people on ots?

In my mind, the only people id accept shit from are like maybe TFS Team, but at the sametime... why in the hell would they send me anything?

To sum it up, Stupid people get hacked... Whether the stupidity came from accepting, and no virus scanning the file, if you dont have a virus scanner use

Jotti's malware scan

-Signed NO!

Personally, I access my favourite forums from my iPod and phone at various places when I'm out, home, work and other places too.

No way you could ever allow for someone like me with an IP checker.
Also, almost all of my IPs I do use ARE NOT static.

Only way around this would to only check the IP when you are going to update your release thread, not when you login. I don't know if thats what you originally meant, but you certainly didn't state nor clarify it.

I suppose it is a good idea but in reality it wont work. The mods and trusted members access there account from many different ips not just there usual ones. There are too many problems that could occur.

Btw, you have to be kinda stupid if your forum account gets hacked if your careful about what you download and who you recieve files from.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this idea will not be accepted at the moment. Lets hope it gets accepted in the future.

Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back