• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Account Invalid and Password otx 2.9

Izaack

Solutions
Reaction score

Hello friends of Otland, I need help with an error that causes me on my 8.60 server, currently I use Otx 2.9, the problem is the following.​

After certain hours that the server is online, an error appears that says invalid account, but the server is still online, on the website you can enter your account and everything is fine, it also does not mark any problem in the console when it happens This only appears when the player's Don't save Name chart is logged in, also to solve this I have to restart the server and everything returns to normal, I currently have a Linux Ubuntu 20.04 vps where I have it hosted, Also try restarting the vps and someone is still having the same error after a few hours, if you know how to solve it I would appreciate it if you could correct this error.

277704498_3303155379971543_6517476954007196807_n.png

this is a picture of the problem i get and have this code when close server
Code:
theotxserver: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp:81: boost::condition_variable::~condition_variable(): Assertion `!posix::pthread_mutex_destroy(&internal_mutex)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I hope you can help me with this problem :).

About 'invalid account' and 'players not saving'. It's known TFS 0.4 bug, it loses connection to MySQL database and does not reconnect.
I could not find a fix for that and never seen any on forum. On TFS 1.x they rewritten database connection C++ code and it does not occur anymore.

Only known 'fix' for losing database connection was to make MySQL as fast as possible:
  • get dedic with SSD / NVMe disk
  • optimize MySQL InnoDB configuration, to make it work faster
It does not fix bug, it just reduce chance to lose connection to MySQL. When you get more players online, it will occur more often.

About 'invalid account' and 'players not saving'. It's known TFS 0.4 bug, it loses connection to MySQL database and does not reconnect.
I could not find a fix for that and never seen any on forum. On TFS 1.x they rewritten database connection C++ code and it does not occur anymore.

Only known 'fix' for losing database connection was to make MySQL as fast as possible:
  • get dedic with SSD / NVMe disk
  • optimize MySQL InnoDB configuration, to make it work faster
It does not fix bug, it just reduce chance to lose connection to MySQL. When you get more players online, it will occur more often.
then the most recommended thing is to use a more updated TFS? I currently use OTX 2.9, they recommended it to me to start, but if there is no solution, would it be more viable to change sources?

then the most recommended thing is to use a more updated TFS? I currently use OTX 2.9, they recommended it to me to start, but if there is no solution, would it be more viable to change sources?
If you plan to get more players - yes.
I know some people that host OTX2 for months without that error.

Problem with new engines is that they use new protocols like 10.98, not 8.6.

What do you mean by that? That it is not feasible to open an 8.6 with a tfs 1.x? o_O
If you plan to get more players - yes.
I know some people that host OTX2 for months without that error.

Problem with new engines is that they use new protocols like 10.98, not 8.6.

That it is not feasible to open an 8.6 with a tfs 1.x?
Of course it is. It's just not easy. There are no ready to run TFS 1.x servers with 8.6 protocol.
Maybe they won't crash as easy as TFS 0.4, but they are not 100% compatible with 8.6 logic (pvp etc.). You will have to find all bugs and fix them yourself.

I have had an otx2 server online for 4 years on a Windows server host I never had this problem, this week I was planning to migrate to Ubuntu 20.04 after configuring the entire server I left it online to see if it was stable, however this error started to appear. It can occur in 1 hour or 7 hours, the last time it occurred in 53 hours.

Back