• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

addicted to tibia

kinda, cant leave this shit like forever, have to back atleast every once a year

Yeah but there's 0 and I mean 0 servers to play on that are good and real tibia is just meh.

Being addicted to games is a real thing nowadays. It can affect one's life in terrible ways.
If you're getting late to work or school just because of late night gaming, you know you have an issue.
If you're failing school, not for the reason that you're not competent enough, but because you're prioritizing Tibia; then you know you have an issue.

If you have some self-insight and notice that it has a big negative effect on your health, then you need to start take actions to improve your situation. They can be small, but start somewhere. If you don't do your dishes for a long time, just because you are playing Tibia all day, then start doing them. Keep your house clean, do simple stuff as taking care of your body; brush your teeth daily, shower regularly, trim your beard, cut your nails, etc.

You're not alone Thin Small Fist, there are many I know in the community with the same addiction. More than you think.
Being honest and reaching out is a good start. Too many are in denial and just continuing their downfall because they feel good playing Tibia, but whenever they face reality, they feel bad. So they just keep on playing and not wanting to tackle their problems.
If anyone that reads this wants to talk about it, then feel free to PM me or just reply here with your issues.

I've played since I was 8 years old, I've quit for years on end, I always come back. I was gone for a good 5+ years but Tibia always finds a way back into your life. It's one of the only games that gives you a sense of progression, you make friends you'd never of made, I have friendships with people I've known for 15 years from this game and I wouldn't change any of that.

Coming back is not necessarily an addiction. We all have various hobbies and I don't see a reason why playing and/or developing games couldn't be one. Personally, I'm not interested in modern games at all, but I have a few old titles (with tibia being the only mmo) that I tend to come back to, and I know I will keep doing so, just because I like them. No one should be ashamed of playing a game at any age. It's the same as if we blamed 30/40/50 years old guy for "still" watching football games or w/e.
It's when it starts to have negative effects on your health, as Kaspar said, that becomes problematic. And that's another story.

Why not compare? Watching some men kick pig's bladder on TV and cheering for them like kids (while they don't even know of your existance) sounds pointless just as much. Even more once you realize how corrupted professional sport is. Still a billion people do it cause it provides them emotions.
Don't get me wrong, I used to watch football alot myself, even attended the local team's games at stadium, but if you think about it, that's the way it is. Complete waste of time.
I honestly don't see a single reason why it would be better than playing tibia or whatever.

Maybe you're right friend. Or maybe you're in denial, comparing football with tibia. :D
I think you're missing the point here. The point is that Tibia is an activity that won't contribute to productivity in real life in any way. Just like watching football, or most entertainment what so ever for that matter.

Now while that is true, it shouldn't mean that we can't enjoy ourselves right? Everything can be ok in moderation. Just because you have a slice of cake at someone's birthday doesn't mean that you're addicted to sugar and so on.

I think what kay is trying to say, is that it's not worse to play games than any other "unnecessary" activity.

To contribute to this thread I might as well answer OPs question. I've definitly been addicted to games or game related content through my teens and early twenties, but I think it has cooled off a bit now (soon 29). The thing about Tibia is that progression never really stops there's always more to do - more levels to get, more quests to make, which makes it almost like a life in itself. I think that I used it as an escape from feeling the real life struggles. That said, I haven't played much Tibia since like 2011. The things I enjoyed with Tibia back then seems to be gone now, so now it will be old school OTs if anything.

Why not compare? Watching some men kick pig's bladder on TV and cheering for them like kids (while they don't even know of your existance) sounds pointless just as much. Even more once you realize how corrupted professional sport is. Still a billion people do it cause it provides them emotions.
Don't get me wrong, I used to watch football alot myself, even attended the local team's games at stadium, but if you think about it, that's the way it is. Complete waste of time.
I honestly don't see a single reason why it would be better than playing tibia or whatever.
I'm not a big football fan. But there's like a billion people involved in that game. Compared to tibia, our tibia, it's nothing. This is what I meant.

Notice how you call it a "complete waste of time". This is how I feel. Why come back to a "complete waste of time"? I can enjoy it. But it's painful.

It doesn't matter how many people are involved. It's still the same in terms of wasting time.
Unless we speak about actually playing football, as this - at the very amateur level - should work well for your health atleast. But watching it on TV is not any 'deeper' or more 'constructive' than playing a computer game. Same as watching series, and many other things that people do daily. It's all just for entertainment.
So might as well ask why NOT come back to something you like and do purely for entertainment?
And most importantly, who even said we've got to be productive all the time for the whole life? I guess this wouldn't be good for our health either, afterall.
Of course it's a different story if you happen to be addicted for real, like you can't function without it. But if that's not the case, there's no need to be paranoic or blame yourself for wasting time. If you think about it, life is one big time's waste. Even now I've just wasted time to write this post and you've wasted time reading it, having earned nothing.
And also 'addiction' is not limited to drugs and mmo games. You may get addicted to anything basicly. But still you don't give up on sex, because you might get addicted. You don't quit drinking beer from time to time, because of possible alcoholism, etc. etc. It just wouldn't be reasonable.

Last edited:
See? Now you're making a distinction between healthy and unhealthy entertainment. And you already started categorizing. That's good, very helpful.
:D

Life is one big time waste? Now you sound more depressed than me.
I'm embarrassed... But I didn't have a drop of alcohol since new year. 😅 I do get addicted easily.

Last edited:
Staying healthy may presumably let you live longer, so taking care of your health I wouldn't consider a waste of time. If it connects with entertainment activity then it's even better.
But the vast most things we do are merely time's waste, as we don't learn or earn anything off of them. And no, personally I don't see it in such categories. I only expressed it in such way to illustrate the problem with "wasting time" thinking.
PS I barely drink any alcohol as well :)

I am also suffering by this. I can´t count the amount of times I´ve said to myself, that it´s now time to let this game go.. But always to come back.

Am I the only one who always gets excited to play this game again and open the servers list and get disappointed ?

Being addicted to games is a real thing nowadays. It can affect one's life in terrible ways.
If you're getting late to work or school just because of late night gaming, you know you have an issue.
If you're failing school, not for the reason that you're not competent enough, but because you're prioritizing Tibia; then you know you have an issue.

If you have some self-insight and notice that it has a big negative effect on your health, then you need to start take actions to improve your situation. They can be small, but start somewhere. If you don't do your dishes for a long time, just because you are playing Tibia all day, then start doing them. Keep your house clean, do simple stuff as taking care of your body; brush your teeth daily, shower regularly, trim your beard, cut your nails, etc.

You're not alone Thin Small Fist, there are many I know in the community with the same addiction. More than you think.
Being honest and reaching out is a good start. Too many are in denial and just continuing their downfall because they feel good playing Tibia, but whenever they face reality, they feel bad. So they just keep on playing and not wanting to tackle their problems.
If anyone that reads this wants to talk about it, then feel free to PM me or just reply here with your issues.
Wat if I’m addicted to making money off tibia ???

Back