• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding Sprites Into Your Server

Sir Bananas

Lua Scripter, Spriter
Reaction score
I've seen soooo many people ask this question, and SOOOO many more people giving the wrong anwsers, and ruining a spriters career :I
So i decided to make everyone's life easier. So here is my .spr and .dat editing tutorial!
Straight_line.jpg

What is .dat and .spr?
The .dat and .spr are the files that hold the sprites of Tibia. The .spr is the compilation of all the sprites ( where the sprites are stored), and the .dat is where they come together as looktypes and itemtypes. To edit them, we will require two programs! Why two, you ask? One for adding the sprites into the .spr, and another one for putting them into position inside the .dat. So here are the links to what we will be using in this tutorial. In reality, you only need one, but the first one, which is the TibiaEditorv6, doesnt work with the .dat, for some reason, and the Blackdemon Dat Editor is what most people use, but 99/100 times you try to save your work, it corrupts your .spr file, destroying your work. So we will use the TibiaEditor to add sprites into the .spr, and the Dat Editor to well, obviously edit the .dat.
Here is the TibiaEditorv6
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe Editor.rar
And here is the Dat Editor
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
And here is the sprite we will be adding (to download it Right click on it and press save)
FIfPt.png

Straight_line.jpg

Now that we have all the programs, lets start by opening TibiaEditorv6
Wn4q3.png

Now lets open our spr file! Just do what I do in the pics.
o1OWp.png

Okay! Find the path, and open it. After you open it, it should look like this
erZRY.png

Warning!Don't scroll up and down too fast in TibiaEditor, or you'll end up freezing and crashing :/
Back to business. Now that our .spr is open, we have to import the sprite we are adding.
PjQmx.png

So do like the image, and right click any sprite and press Import.
1gzor.png

This window should appear. Now press Open, and find the path to the sprite, and open it, just like we did with the .spr
It should now look like this
QvcIW.png

Now just press Import, and the window should close and look like this
Xr7Gs.png

No really apparent change, but our sprite has been added ^^, now we have to save our file.
So just do what I do in the pic
3SDaX.png

Then save it to wherever you want, and it should look like this
Bjt50.png

After that is done, we are finished with editing the .spr! So just close TibiaEditor, and now open DatEditor.
When you open it, it should look like this
xgkqW.png

Now press the little folder, and choose the path. The .dat should be the .dat you want to edit, and the .spr is the .spr we compiled with TibiaEditor.
DgiuZ.png

After thats done, press open
Wait until it looks like this
VZzrn.png

Then press Close and you should be here
mbNez.png

Now scroll down until the very end of the sprites (on the right side [>>]), until you see this
xef5J.png

Now follow the steps in this pic (File - new - Item)
k2yFp.png

And it should go to this. It will be blank, don't worry, thats normal
l7tyX.png

Now we drag our sprite to the location showed in this pic
B3TiQ.png

And it should now look like this
TntNW.png

Now press the Save icon next to the folder we used to open our sprites, and this should pop up
YCxok.png

Now here comes the tricky part. Save the .dat to where u want to save it ^^, but the spr, dont overwrite the one we compiled with TibiaEditor, because DatEditor WILL crash, and if you overwrite the one from TibiaEditor, you will lose all your progress. Now after you chose the locations, press save, and this will happen
BcVsv.png

So now the spr we saved with DatEditor will be ruined, but the .dat will be working fine, so take the .dat from DatEditor and the .spr from TibiaEditor, and there you go, you've added a sprite to a client ^^
Hope you liked the tutorial, and hope it was useful. Took me weeks to find out completely how to do this, reading over 20 tutorials, and none were complete like this, so i hope this helps everybody.

Btw, there you dont say what would be the ID of new item... But at least we can remplace the sprite of a item...
Anyways its useful! :D

When i try this its comes error,
Trying with 8.6 iwth the dat editor and the error is
unknow option byte :88
previous option byte :1
Adress :21

ABORTING.....
please could you help?`
Regards Anteyz

Don't we need a .otb editor to add the items we want to our otserv? or will the steps you provided allow me to type in the items itemid in items.xml and it will work? please respond quickly.

I lost my Item Editor when I formatted my pc. I have to find another one, when i do I'll post it here.

After i Finished All Those Step's.
When i open my Ot How could i Find the Sprite?

Last edited:
You have to add an item with an Item Editor, with the looktype of the sprite.

Great tutorial, but not complete. Like you said, you miss the item editor, to edit .otbm and add itens into the otbm. But still realy great tutorial. Well i would like to say that you don't need the dat editor to be compatible with your tíbia version. You have others ways to add itens in your server. Oh ofcourse you may not do it in 9.4 ahead but 9.31 you can add your own items etc..

And sorry for my bad english, i am not US. But i am here to help anyone. Oh, and, about the ways to add items in your server 9.31 or older i am creating and testing a tutorial and soon it will be avaliable for all. I will write in portuguese and try to translate for u gays.

And sorry for my bad english, i am not US. But i am here to help anyone. Oh, and, about the ways to add items in your server 9.31 or older i am creating and testing a tutorial and soon it will be avaliable for all. I will write in portuguese and try to translate for u gays.
Make the tutorial, and I'll translate

Back