• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adjust xp gain from PKing

vonuzur

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I would like to state that I have looked through the forums, for multiple days, obviously in the wrong places since I am asking here. If I receive any help I would appreciate it very much.

I have one request.
I am having trouble figuring out how to adjust the xp rates for pvp combat.
My request is a script that perhaps has a formula in it that determines how much XP someone gets when killing a higher level. (Right now if you kill someone higher level than you, you get a TON of xp, and I want it to be so that you only get a certain % of the victim's XP)

If anyone has an ideas of how this can be done, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Vonuzur

Code:
	minLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 0.8
	maxLevelThresholdForKilledPlayer = 1.2
A lvl 1k will only get exp from a lvl 800-1200 with this in config.lua. Solves problem when a lvl 1 kills a 10k. He won't be getting 100000000kk lvls.

Also change the exp gained until you are statisfied with the results
Code:
rateExperienceFromPlayers = 3
change this up and down until you are statisfied.. you can also do like
Code:
rateExperienceFromPlayers = 3.3

Hey Saitohimea,
I appreciate the help but I'm using The forgotten server v 0.2.14 for version 9.6 and it does not appear to have those commands.

I've actually been tweaking around a little bit and I think I made myself a script that can do this for me.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.
Vonuzur

Back