• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Aldora War 7.6 searching for new Gamemasters!

Laur1

Banned User
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

Most of you probably knows our server, Aldora War 7.6, also known as "Hopto". More information can be found in Hopto's homepage. It's the second oldest Open Tibia server in the whole OTservlist and therefore, it's very well known. At the moment, as a head Gamemaster I'm designing a new update which will be hopefully launched next weekend. There haven't been an update for years and I've had pretty free hands from Cato to design the update. There wont be massive changes in the general environment of Hopto.

After many questions about this, I now broadcast it: Client version will not change, it will stay running on 7.6 protocol forever. Some new characters will be added, outfits will be changed, some of the old characters will be updated and changed a little and probably there will be little changes in the map.

Also, during the update, our team will recruit couple new Gamemasters to ensure a safe playing environment and make sure that every player will receive the most comfortable playing experience during every moment in Hopto. I will probably accept positions for only 2 or 3 persons.

I will take applications to our new support email: [email protected]
I will personally reply your applications and I will pass you a new adress, where I can talk to you in private via MSN Messenger, if you are chosen for possible Gamemaster position.

Why do we need new Gamemasters?

Well, basically for keeping the playing experience for all players as good as possible. Our Gamemasters are mostly banishing bot users and players who simply can't behave. Also, when a Gamemaster is ready to do so, they can start to organize battles in the battle islands.

What kind of Gamemasters are we looking for?

Experienced and professional old players. All of our Gamemasters have played Tibia since ages ago and we have loads of experience about the general gameplay of protocol 7.6. We are mostly looking for calm persons with skill of making good decisions in their position. Zero tolerated abusing of power is our keyword of being in this position. We don't want just banmachines, we need experienced players with their own personality and friendly and helpfull way of playing.

What do we expect from our Gamemasters?

We expect fair playing. Abusing of the position will lead into deletion immediately, with no warning. Therefore, we have our private log for older Gamemasters, where we can see every single movement, commands and activity about all Gamemaster characters. Needless to say, we expect decent English language skills to ensure the quality of communication between players and staff members. Also, you have to be experienced with using the Gamemaster character, we don't teach the commands to anybody anymore. We don't expect you to be online for hours a day, besides, it sometimes harms the quality of Gamemaster, if he stays online too much.

How to apply for the position?

As said above, I will take application posts to our support email: [email protected]

After receiving the post, I will read it carefully and decide will you be a considerable choice or abandoned choice.

If you receive the title of considerable choice I will send you a reply for your application with new adress, which is my own personal MSN adress. When you have that, add me to MSN and there we can talk and get known in private easier than via email.

If you receive a title of abandoned choice you will get a reply for your application with text: Abandoned. Thank you for applying! I will not start to explain to you why I didn't accept your application.

Notes:

-Only applications, which are sent to the support email, will be noticed! Applications on this thread or in my private message inbox will be ignored and deleted!
-Fit your application in single post, I don't want to receive multiple application posts from one person.
-I will not start to teach you how to make an application, if you don't know how to, don't even bother writing one.
-Your experience as a Gamemaster on different servers doesn't effect to the choice so it's needless to start listing all the servers where you have been a Gamemaster.
-If you send me an application, please post a reply on this thread also. That's how we can keep the numbers in good count and this thread will stay up.
-If we can't get people qualified enough, we simply wont recruit anybody.
-Only the best of the best will be even accepted to have the title considerable choice.
-Remember that even if you receive the title of considerable choice, you may lose that title, if we receive a better application.

Current situation:

Considerable choices: 2
Abandoned choices: 0

Unread: 0
Received applications: 2

Moreover, reputation points wouldn't be bad :)

Waiting for applications...
Yours - Lauri

Last edited:
I guess some people misunderstood me. I'm not taking applications on this thread or via private message. I will only accept applications, which are sent to the support email: [email protected]. All applications on this thread or in my private message inbox will be ignored and deleted without any noticed! After you have sent the email, post something on this thread! That's the way!

And all becoming Gamemasters should know this, read the damn post before you start to apply.

Last edited:
Uhm.. now i understand how rude you guys are I mean, i made one mistake and you just yell at me i mean, with swear words you will accomplish nothing..

Why do you guys aim for things that are the last things that you should put on mind? Your using the old CVS ffs, try updating the server's distribution then you can speak about updates. Many people have already spoken to Cato about this, offered help since they pity this CVS he's using, but yet no changes.

That's just my point of view, your distribution suck.. other than that I love the uptime. Nothing else tho :)

Zackvor.

Allright, I will reply as soon as possible.

Dear Gantroz.

I'm taking responsibility of the latest update of the server but I have my limits too. I can't handle updates like that, they are Cato's things and since he isn't working for the server, they will most likely not be updated. If you have some specific thing, which is not working, please tell me and I will try to do something about it. I think that it's needless to update such things, because Hopto is working fine like this.

I could help you fix up a stable engine, not like your current one, grass items which disappear if blood come on them etc...
but yup, need any help Pm me

Problem is not some things, but most things are not working properly. The exhaust system is broken, the walk system, etc etc.. therefor I recommened you to upgrade it to the latest SVN.

As I mentioned before, I can't edit such things. Only Cato can. Therefore, I will only update the server with everything I can so new SVN is impossible to receive since Cato isn't working for the server anymore.

As I mentioned before, I can't edit such things. Only Cato can. Therefore, I will only update the server with everything I can so new SVN is impossible to receive since Cato isn't working for the server anymore.

as I mentioned I can help you with that, you wont need Cato at all...

I do not have any kind of access to such files. Cato is the only one who has, and he will only give me some specific files to edit for the update like players, accounts, map files etc. I will only update the things which Cato accepts me to update. Therefore, I need Cato's acception for everything I edit.

Probably. In your case, most likely. You have to be really patient. It took over a year that I received my position, after applying. If you really want to be a GM in Hopto, you are ready to wait for it. If not, we don't need you.

Back