• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion AlertPay Donation system on OTLAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoSePh15_

Reaction score
Hello Talaturen,
I was comparing between AlertPay and Paypal, and I actually realized that AlertPay is much much easier and better than Paypal, as AlertPay supports more countries than Paypal, and I personally don't like Paypal. Lots more OtLanders also think that AlertPay is better than Paypal so, it'll be a great idea and a better chance for more people from different regions of the world that paypal doesn't support and alertpay does to donate to otland and become "Premium Members".

To sum it all up, I think that AlertPay is a better donation system than Paypal, so, I would like you to consider thinking about adding this donation system WITH paypal.

Thanks for your time....

Best Regards,
JoSePh15_

That's ur point of view, you can't be sorry for it :)

Hello Talaturen,
I was comparing between AlertPay and Paypal, and I actually realized that AlertPay is much much easier and better than Paypal, as AlertPay supports more countries than Paypal, and I personally don't like Paypal. Lots more OtLanders also think that AlertPay is better than Paypal so, it'll be a great idea and a better chance for more people from different regions of the world that paypal doesn't support and alertpay does to donate to otland and become "Premium Members".

To sum it all up, I think that AlertPay is a better donation system than Paypal, so, I would like you to consider thinking about adding this donation system WITH paypal.

Thanks for your time....

Best Regards,
JoSePh15_

Your first argument for AlertPay being better than PayPal seems to be made up without true facts. Both AlertPay and PayPal states that they support over 190 countries, so no, AlertPay does not necessarily support more countries than PayPal. Your second argument seems to be a personal issue you have with PayPal and we won't invest time into working on a AlertPay implementation in vBulletin because of that.

Why we won't add AlertPay:
  1. we have no previous experience with them
  2. the vBulletin payments system does not support AlertPay
  3. it is much easier for us to keep track of how much money OtLand has by only checking a single account

If you only have money on AlertPay and you want to donate to OtLand, you can withdraw the money to your bank account and then transfer them to your PayPal account.

Yes you can, it's just not popular yet, but it is better with the refunds, ppl can't refund as they do with paypal, at least not that often.

Bump, comon guys vote!!

Bump!! Vote!

It was created back in 2004 and still isn't popular, it grew a lot in 2008 and still isn't popular so that "yet" doesn't really convince me to consider AlertPay. There is nothing wrong with PayPal. Chargebacks are not done by PayPal, they are done by the buyer, so you want to know why people don't (not can't) chargebacks as often? Because AlertPay isn't as popular! PayPal has a much larger userbase so obviously the amount of chargebacks is higher on PayPal.

@Jano
True alertpay is growing, why are you so freaked? Lots of users use AlertPay and want an alertpay payment method, that's a suggestion for adding AlertPay, do you think it should be added or not, this is the question, I'm not the owner of AlertPay, so i don't give a fuck about it, I just have my cc linked to alertpay and want to get premium here using it. That's all.

You can link your credit card to PayPal too.

I'm from Egypt, no i can't link my credit card to Paypal :)

Nah, why doesn't OtLand just support AlertPay? ^.^

Thats really the only reason i think its a good idea is because from my past experiences i have had alot of people from Egypt and they cant use paypal etc.

2 bad he won't add AlertPay but still, 28 users WANT alertpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back