• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alienware has arrived

If people would rather buy a computer instead of building one how easy it might be, let them! It's their choice. This is starting to feel a lot like peer pressure, just because some people might prefer building it themselves does it mean everyone has to? Aren't everyone entitled to their own opinion?

If people would rather buy a computer instead of building one how easy it might be, let them! It's their choice. This is starting to feel a lot like peer pressure, just because some people might prefer building it themselves does it mean everyone has to? Aren't everyone entitled to their own opinion?

You don't even realize how much it is related to our society evolution but I guess it's kind of pointless to explain it on such forum :p

It's not only about money, it's about striving toward self sufficiency. People keep buying pre-made things, wasting money that they don't necessary have to, they learn to be lazy and careless and such but yet again I think it's pointless to explain.

If you are not a "computer geek"

Then it's good to buy a Alienware :p as said before in the thread if you buy it the right "way" you get like 15% of and it comes pre built professional and already over clocked.

I remember my first computer that i built myself (9 years ago) Was a mess and looked ugly as fu*k the first time. And even today i dont bother to overclock my own computers since it is just a big hassle.

Be happy for the guy man. This is the same kind of hate that people spread too mac owners. Just lame

It's not only about money, it's about striving toward self sufficiency. People keep buying pre-made things, wasting money that they don't necessary have to, they learn to be lazy and careless and such but yet again I think it's pointless to explain.

If it isn't hard at all to build your own computer how exactly is it due to lazyness? It's probably due to lack of knowledge of how to do it in most cases.

If it isn't hard at all to build your own computer how exactly is it due to lazyness? It's probably due to lack of knowledge of how to do it in most cases.

Are you for real or just pretending to be stupid? People are too lazy to get up and grab a remote and we're talking about assembling a few things together here.

I am capable of building a computer, if I had the time to do so, I probably would. It would take me a few hours considering I've never done so before. I did not order a desktop computer and probably never would purchase a desktop already built. I ordered a notebook computer, which is more difficult to assemble and get a hold of parts yourself. There is also a lot more risk involved. If pasting is done improperly the whole computer may catch fire and that (in the worst case scenario) can lead to your home burning down. To me, building a desktop computer is NOT a waste of time, but I will not have a warranty to fall back on, or 24/7 technical support to get advice from when I am stuck. I am also taking the risk of pasting improperly or installing something incorrectly resulting in that hardware component being destroyed, which is more money out of my pocket. For me, it's a matter of whether or not I want to assume the risk and put in the time to do so. Sure, I can save a few hundred dollars, maybe more. But if money is fluid, why go through all of the trouble? I don't see a point.

With that being said, this discussion has nothing to do with me because I purchased an Alienware laptop, not a desktop, and you are all talking about building a desktop. I began in this thread to support the OP, and explain how the warranty Alienware offers is nice for people who do not have any knowledge of computing or the audacity to build one themselves - that's all.

Good day. Hope the computer works out well for you OP. :)

Are you for real or just pretending to be stupid? People are too lazy to get up and grab a remote and we're talking about assembling a few things together here.

I don't really call that lazyness, i'm pretty lazy myself but i'm most likely going to build my next computer, it's not something that should physically tire you like working out, i don't work out a lot anymore due to being lazy,

I am capable of building a computer, if I had the time to do so, I probably would. It would take me a few hours considering I've never done so before. I did not order a desktop computer and probably never would purchase a desktop already built. I ordered a notebook computer, which is more difficult to assemble and get a hold of parts yourself. There is also a lot more risk involved. If pasting is done improperly the whole computer may catch fire and that (in the worst case scenario) can lead to your home burning down. To me, building a desktop computer is NOT a waste of time, but I will not have a warranty to fall back on, or 24/7 technical support to get advice from when I am stuck. I am also taking the risk of pasting improperly or installing something incorrectly resulting in that hardware component being destroyed, which is more money out of my pocket. For me, it's a matter of whether or not I want to assume the risk and put in the time to do so. Sure, I can save a few hundred dollars, maybe more. But if money is fluid, why go through all of the trouble? I don't see a point.

With that being said, this discussion has nothing to do with me because I purchased an Alienware laptop, not a desktop, and you are all talking about building a desktop. I began in this thread to support the OP, and explain how the warranty Alienware offers is nice for people who do not have any knowledge of computing or the audacity to build one themselves - that's all.

Good day. Hope the computer works out well for you OP. :)

Legitimate thoughts, however if you do not have the money or simply are really new to building computers you can just use the stock heatsink that usually comes with the CPU (unless you bought OEM). It has the thermal paste pre-applied. Just thought I'd point that out! :p

I am well aware of this, thank you. But if I were to go through the trouble of building a desktop, it would be stupid of me to use the stock paste. Everything is already taken apart and it's only a matter of applying it correctly. Still, I did not buy a desktop, and if you read my post thoroughly, you'll see I mentioned I would rather build a desktop as opposed to buying one already built, rendering this discussion pointless.

I initially began this discussion in regards to the warranty and congratulations to the OP for having a new PC.

Yes, I did read your post and it's completely legitimate to buy a pre-built notebook/laptop. I was just stating that the stock-heatsink comes with thermal paste pre-applied :p

Back