• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

All oldschool players, what 7.4 server would u like to play on? Read it!

laaxii

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As the topic says, what server would YOU play on?

If we look at the actually situation, theres like 2-3 server with client 7.4 wheres ppl are active.
We got tibianic, a good server but dying one - bad situation. We got highrate tibianus - which will die in any month or week. So what want ALL oldschool players to play on? Actually me and many ppl I know would love to play on lowrate server which will be online for longer time than 1 month ye, I would love to know if anyone is making a new project or if any old hoster is restarting his old server like mastercores or w.e. Everyone try to understand what Ive want to say and tell everyone what u would love to see in the future!

Signed,
Laaxii

That's what everybody wants for any version. But it's hard to keep a server alive without having what every single player wants, meaning;

- A logical perfect server whos 100% player friendly would not have a shop with VIP items or anything like that, because that makes it Pay2Win.
- Low Rates, but not low to the ground, because then its pointless. Is it really worth it spending 12h a day on a Made-Up server having almost the same rates as the Original Tibia, just so you don't need to pay for premium account, knowing that this Made-Up server could go down at any given time? So the best would be medium exp on the beginning and as you grow higher, really, really low exp for those who actually care and want a grind.
- Most Selling Items NPC quests done, such as Rashid and what not (Not talking about a 7.4 server here, I am talking about any version), so the player could have an easier way to sell it's items without the whole struggle of doing the quests, which in my opinion is not that hard, but since you are playing an OtServer, you are already a little lazier than the people that play Regular Tibia so...
- No new cities. I'am saying this because there's a really good server outhere (not 7.4), Hexera.net, it has EVERYTHING good on it, however it has like 3 new cities with some crazy stuff, that doesn't make it insanely op or anything like that, but it breaks the game a little bit.
- Stable connection and high-income so the server can be up for as long as it survives, however, that's really hard not having a shop, but if you have one, you'll deffinetly lose some players, so that's a hard choice to make. You either add a shop with a couple of items or mounts/outfits, which don't affect the gameplay (besides the mounts that you get +10 speed but its not hard to obtain a simple one in-game) which would be the go-to way, but it's still hard to keep a server up with the little amount of money that the host will be making

To summer everything up, I've only seen ONE server that meets basically all categories, Shadowcores. I don't play there anymore, because the owners sadly stopped updating the server, but that server has everything to have 2k players like it used to, but since the owners do not want that anymore (For some strange reason that remains unknown) I highly doubt we are ever getting a really good stable server again.

Ofc theres shouldnt be any vip items lmao.. Only premium account/sex change and maybe djiin/rashid scroll but not neccesary ! Hard server but not so hard like tibianic ye, so like 2,5 exp up to 5x exp stage lowrate server is what many ppl would play on! Where is all those hosters which hosted back in dayz?

I would definitely want to play a lowrate server, as you said without any VIP items and such.

maybe lvl 50 war server?
will be needed a new low rate i think but wait for winter
try show good pvp system first

Last edited:
Hey!

I just read your discussion you have going on, FYI I own some files which are very rare, but not so attractive anymore as they were in their Days since well how should I explain my self here? They are very limited and much less flexible then other OT Engines/Clients. Ofcourse I could start up a "RealOTS" without taking any profit from it makin (premium) cost 2.5 eur a month or something, and could make it have a fairly low experience stage. But tho if I should start using my free 'time' on this project I have to know if many people would be apperciating this project so it does not go to any trash can and stay with that rep.

Yours,
Ecstazya

Hey!

I just read your discussion you have going on, FYI I own some files which are very rare, but not so attractive anymore as they were in their Days since well how should I explain my self here? They are very limited and much less flexible then other OT Engines/Clients. Ofcourse I could start up a "RealOTS" without taking any profit from it makin (premium) cost 2.5 eur a month or something, and could make it have a fairly low experience stage. But tho if I should start using my free 'time' on this project I have to know if many people would be apperciating this project so it does not go to any trash can and stay with that rep.

Yours,
Ecstazya
is it possible to make staged experience? id play standard realots 3x but i think a lot of players dont like grinding rotworms for 2 days so maybe a 5x start then 3x then 2x would be preferable

Hey!

Yours,
Ecstazya

realots original files? start with 5x exp to lvl 50 maybe or so then end on 3x till the end because ppl wont exp on 2x exp

realots original files? start with 5x exp to lvl 50 maybe or so then end on 3x till the end because ppl wont exp on 2x exp
1-40 5x
41-60 4x
61-130 3x
131+ 2x

4x skills
2x maglvl
2x loot and gold drop increase

would be perfect

Last edited:
Hey!

Yours,
Ecstazya

Yes, but you would have to advertise it properly on all the tibia forums, buy ads on otservlist etc, are you willing to do that? Because the last version of realots failed at start because of poor advertisement, the start matters the most in tibia servers, very difficult to get a player base to rise once the server is up and running, so you have to start with a large amount and you do that by properly advertising the server. Best of luck and hope to see RealOts again ^^

Last edited:
I'd like a stable server with fairly low rates so it can last as you said

DarkOT was 2x exp full real map with all quests identical with rl tibia.. didn't get too much players, and it died out when everyone realized that people don't like low-rates and get bored real quick :(
Maybe you played it and remember yourself how little it was online after a month.

Hello everyone again!

Yes, ofcourse we are able to make a staged exp table. But then as you know with CIP server for a X to become an Y the V has to be done (The server has to get server saved for the new exp rate to become).

I am willy to spend money so that people could enjoy, its not a huge problem.

Hello everyone again!

Yes, ofcourse we are able to make a staged exp table. But then as you know with CIP server for a X to become an Y the V has to be done (The server has to get server saved for the new exp rate to become).

I am willy to spend money so that people could enjoy, its not a huge problem.

fantastic, about the exp stage it shouldnt be a problem that it needs server save to take effect, maybe some ppl will abuse having slightly higher rate for 1 day but thats no problem since everyone can do that so its balanced ;p

i dont know how much otservlist countdown is, but i hope u can buy it, because as great as the server is, its not the same with low population thats why advertisement is the most important thing, have to post on all possible tibia forums 1 week before server launch so that the beginning is good.

fantastic, about the exp stage it shouldnt be a problem that it needs server save to take effect, maybe some ppl will abuse having slightly higher rate for 1 day but thats no problem since everyone can do that so its balanced ;p

i dont know how much otservlist countdown is, but i hope u can buy it, because as great as the server is, its not the same with low population thats why advertisement is the most important thing, have to post on all possible tibia forums 1 week before server launch so that the beginning is good.
Hey!

I don't know how much an day-two or three costs but it should not be a bigger problem, regarding the experience stage yeah you can maybe say it like that :-D

I own files which are rare, but not so attractive anymore as they were.
They are very limited and much less flexible then other OT Engines/Clients.

I could start up a "RealOTS" without taking any profit from it. Tho if I should start using my free 'time' on this project I have to know if many people would be apperciating this project.

Start up a "RealOTS". Don't waste your free 'time'.

Less attractive but proven to be successful.

If the files are very limited and less flexible don't change anything at all.
To force in stuff like stages sounds like debugs and crashes to me.
Just work with what you got and put the server online the way it is.
Getting those files to work as they are intended is more than enough.
Don't waste your time. You're not gonna get more players by listening to suggestions and making changes.
I wouldn't consider tasks and balanced weapons and anything else ppl will ask for. Since it's really hard to edit as you say. And that can mess with the performance.

Keep it the way it already is and go with the 3x rates.
You can always run it higher first, to test and fix possible bugs but isn't needed.
Nothing's perfect.
Less work, less to change and less troubles.
I guess ppl will play it if they got no lag and it's 'bug free'.
A normal premium system for travel/spells/ houses to pay for a good host is ok.

Much appreciated.

Anti-bot, Gamemasters, reports, ppl are gonna ask u for and spam u about mc/bot/abuse... You up for that? Just let it be. Deal with any server or client side issues/bugs/lags but let ppl say and do what they want. I imagine a bunch of players demand an active staff to enforce rules/ help them/ solve issues etc. I don't think you are gonna want to listen and investigate 24/7. Keep it out of your hands. Ignore 90% what ppl say and do your thing. You can always accept help of friends who volunteer but ppl are always gonna cry and it will never be fair. So don't spend hours trying to make it .

Don't waste your time. You're not gonna get more players by listening to suggestions and making changes.
I wouldn't consider tasks and balanced weapons and anything else ppl will ask for. Since it's really hard to edit as you say. And that can mess with the performance.

You can always run it higher first, to test and fix possible bugs but isn't needed.
Nothing's perfect.

Much appreciated.

Anti-bot, Gamemasters, reports, ppl are gonna ask u for and spam u about mc/bot/abuse... You up for that? Just let it be. Deal with any server or client side issues/bugs/lags but let ppl say and do what they want. I imagine a bunch of players demand an active staff to enforce rules/ help them/ solve issues etc. I don't think you are gonna want to listen and investigate 24/7. Keep it out of your hands. Ignore 90% what ppl say and do your thing. You can always accept help of friends who volunteer but ppl are always gonna cry and it will never be fair. So don't spend hours trying to make it .
i agree, nothing super fancy is needed

Nothing's perfect.

Much appreciated.

A task system would maybe cause those issues you call, but we could make a other task "SYSTEM" that for example we implement a "new/old" item into the game, you have to loot 5 of those to get XXX prize, since the files cannot understand the storages like an ot engine does.

@EXP stage, read my discussion thread for more information.

I prefer newer versions like 7.6 or 7.7~. Buying runes and a highrate server where money isn't always under the rock. Quite high lootrate, fast regain and pure fun. It's brainkilling to smash trolls for a day to get level up to 20 in an OT server... Just my opinion.

Back