• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Allow monsters to attack other monsters? [OTHire]

Xapafe

Reaction score
I would like to allow a select few monsters to attack other monsters, in the same manner they do players or player's summoned creatures. Any easy way to do this?

I'd make a separate xml for these particular monsters.

I hoped they could use a master flag, but it didn't work.

Thanks!!

As far as I'm aware, if you want a standard monster to do this, it will require a source edit.
You could potentially do it through lua, but it would be a royal p.i.t.a.

I'll go ahead and reveal my intention.. I wanted to preserve my original idea but oh well!!

Basically I want to have a normal rat plague but then a secondary custom monster plague ( a modified skeleton) that would use exana mas mort or something similar to attack and raise rat corpses.

A secondary idea would be the skeletons to be able to use exana mas mort (or a modified version!) To raise more skeletons as their own summons. Is either of these possible?

Basically I wanted to make a self spreading skeleton plague.

Ah see, this isn't asking monsters to attack other monsters, your wanting monsters to use 'undead legion', but instead of creating summons, you want them to create real monsters instead.

Just find an undead legion spell, edit it to create a monster instead of a summon, and just give monsters the spell in their attacks/defenses.

So couldn't you just take away the immunity to a specific effect and just make the mob use aoe on itself when is intentions are you it would still say it and therefor kill the other mob due to its lack of immunity to the damage.

No ID like for the undead legion to follow the skeleton around like it's summons.

The AoE idea may work!
So.. make a skeleton that casts undead legion?
Next.

Oops, I missed the 'make skeleton attack rats'.
Sorry :(

Haha no worries! I made the skeleton use the spell, and I modified the spell script to allow it to create the monsters.

But... I would LOVE for them to kill the rats (or whatever) first to spread their own plague!

Last edited:
Ohhhh shit!

You know, in hindsight if I made the new skeletons as "summons" then if the main one dies they all die.. so this is perfect! Just a mass amount of skeletons destroying anything they are near "which will be rats muhahah" and rezzing them as more monsters. I love it.

Thanks so much everyone!

This forum has been really good to me since I came here, and I've been learning a lot. Hopefully I can pass it forward one day!

EDIT: Wait, this is an NPC... I wonder if I can adapt this to monster instead. Or just make a separate spell that summons more of the NPCs with corpses nearby... I wonder.

Back