• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Althea ¤ A New World ¤ Mapping Thread ( Scripting atm, low activity on mapping part )

Put a ladder or two on the 3 story book shelves. Looks great though.

Didn't had time to map lately ,because school takes a lot of my free time.
Anyways a little island i started mapping on.

Island
[1]
gdCxe8f.png

[2]
4styUBf.png

Last edited:
Nice stuff, keep it up.

Just thinking that the wooden bridge would be burnt out in few minutes after being placed, so meh..(pic. 1)
I'm sure you can come up with something better, last pics look pretty cipsoft-ish.

Nice stuff, keep it up.

Just thinking that the wooden bridge would be burnt out in few minutes after being placed, so meh..(pic. 1)
I'm sure you can come up with something better, last pics look pretty cipsoft-ish.

Ya, thats true :) i thought about that to but , this aint a 3d game :p

Trying to use different type of styles, so a player dont always expect the same style whereever he goes...
But thank you for your feedback and opinion :)

Looking good, Will we expect a beta anytime soon?

Can't really say.. Has been a few months now with no work, because of school, for me and frostie. But were back now, and are still working. But when we'll have beta it will be closed, but the list is not yet made. So beta aint around the corner, im sorry.. I might have a small closed beta now and then, to test few things. But i will let you all know.

Cool stuff, the maps are already detailed and beautiful for sure, but something I think is even more important im mapping is the level design, how things are interconnected, how the scenario itself affects the gameplay, etc. Putting some detailed stuff (both visual or/and gameplay mechanics) combined with a genial level design is the closest traditional rpgs like tibia can approach from art

Cool stuff, the maps are already detailed and beautiful for sure, but something I think is even more important im mapping is the level design, how things are interconnected, how the scenario itself affects the gameplay, etc. Putting some detailed stuff (both visual or/and gameplay mechanics) combined with a genial level design is the closest traditional rpgs like tibia can approach from art

First of all, thank you :)
We try to map in different styles, keeping the map detailed enough(not to much) and also adding pieces where it may look abit RL-ish(a bit boring;p), so a player doesn't find the same style everywhere he goes. But when we map, we think about ourselves as a player, what would annoy me, and how would i like to hunt or explore this cave. One thing i love is to find secret passages, hidden quests and hidden NPC. Thank you for your ideas!

This all map pieces are for server? Maybe I will start playing again on ots ;)

tahts creazy but we need 1 ot 8.6 with nice maps and better systems.

Back