• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling ambient light in client

shivaria

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable ambient light in 10.77 client OR in sources for TFS 1.1
Help me turn the lights off guys! :p

not for me lol, for my players :)
ambient light
1.x, completely turning off the light for creatures or groups this means players or staff is done through editing the source, now if you read the entire thread you would of realized this.

1.x, completely turning off the light for creatures or groups this means players or staff is done through editing the source, now if you read the entire thread you would of realized this.
im reading over it just confused if it will do what i want, im trying to get the ambient light to not work anymore, i still want light and day system and still want light from items like torches etc.

I'll try to be more specific. I want to keep day and night system. I also want to keep light from torches and other items. I want to disable ambient light or make it always 0%. I want players light without day light and without item light to be 0%.

I'll try to be more specific. I want to keep day and night system. I also want to keep light from torches and other items. I want to disable ambient light or make it always 0%. I want players light without day light and without item light to be 0%.
You have to start somewhere when trying to find where or how things work, even if you are not sure what you are looking at... Do I know what I am looking at?
Not all the time, but I try, I make an attempt to understand, this thread i linked to made such an attempt to find a solution to your issue...
Is it what you are trying to accomplish? maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but like i said it is a start.

Everyone here in support is looking for the definitive, an absolute answer to things they refuse to even make an attempt at understanding, developing anything requires some initiative on your own part and as someone in another thread suggested its almost like you guys need to be spoon fed everything.

If you consider this statement a negative attitude or response, it isn't, its a fact of life, those that strive to do better are rewarded while those that don't aren't, this is the very definition of "You get what you put into it".

Last edited:
You have to start somewhere when trying to find where or how things work, even if you are not sure what you are looking at... Do I know what I am looking at?
Not all the time, but I try, I make an attempt to understand, this thread i linked to made such an attempt to find a solution to your issue...
Is it what you are trying to accomplish? maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but like i said it is a start.

Everyone here in support is looking for the definitive, an absolute answer to things they refuse to even make an attempt at understanding, developing anything requires some initiative on your own part and as someone in another thread suggested its almost like you guys need to be spoon fed everything.

If you consider this statement a negative attitude or response, it isn't, its a fact of life, those that strive to do better are rewarded while those that don't aren't, this is the very definition of "You get what you put into it".

C'mon Codex, you saw him talking about "light" and linked to a random thread talking about "light". Would be better not posting at all, not that you should do the whole job, but you missguided him while not even trying to understand what he asked for.

@OP
I don't see this being server side related at all. "Ambient light" is handled exclusively by the client since ever, they couldn't fight people editing tibia.pic in the old days and just gave up implementing the "ambient light" graphic settings thing. No idea how would you do it through client edit, but you won't find anything to help you in TFS.

C'mon Codex, you saw him talking about "light" and linked to a random thread talking about "light". Would be better not posting at all, not that you should do the whole job, but you missguided him while not even trying to understand what he asked for.

@OP
I don't see this being server side related at all. "Ambient light" is handled exclusively by the client since ever, they couldn't fight people editing tibia.pic in the old days and just gave up implementing the "ambient light" graphic settings thing. No idea how would you do it through client edit, but you won't find anything to help you in TFS.
Well maybe you are right, maybe I shouldn't of posted.. but doing some back tracking from the initial link I found the function which controls the player's light level, I was merely trying to give this person the benefit of the doubt & a starting point.

Well maybe you are right, maybe I shouldn't of posted.. but doing some back tracking from the initial link I found the function which controls the player's light level, I was merely trying to give this person the benefit of the doubt & a starting point.
What he wants is not that, you can set player to complete darkness through server, he will set ambient light in the client to 100% and keep seeing the map.

What he wants is not that, you can set player to complete darkness through server, he will set ambient light in the client to 100% and keep seeing the map.
I know, the server can override the client, as the light factor is a flag so to speak in the client, if that flag can generate light then why can it not generate darkness, I like to think anything is possible :p

Yep also your post kind of implies that im dumb or ignorant and did not do exactly as you said. I have my sources open, and client with hex editor. I have been looking through all the worldlight playerlight, light this light that, and can't see where to find a way to stop the ambient light. Thats why I posted for help to see if someone knows something "thats not already on otland" "yes i do use search" "and google" "and everything available to me". My problem is not listed anywhere besides in other empty posts with no replies.

Just trying to make the light system better for my server and i appreciate the link to those threads, i did in fact make my server start as nighttime instead of daytime. A minor change but still waiting on someone who knows something more lol.

I know, the server can override the client, as the light factor is a flag so to speak in the client, if that flag can generate light then why can it not generate darkness, I like to think anything is possible :p
Also even with all my knowledge and know how (being able to completely run and edit a server in almost every way possible), im still a novice compared to you as evident of your codes you release and help people and me with. This isnt going to change unless I spend years "getting on your level" haha

You will still be sending tiles data to the client. What you are assuming being possible would need a totally rewrite code to totally change how otserv/client handle things. As I said, try to set players to complete darkness (light factor 0 or whatever else it is), than go to your client, set ambient light to 100% and see what happens.

Alright ill take a look, found this btw. Maybe it has to do with the client sending worldlight(ambient light)
Code:
        void sendWorldLight(const LightInfo& lightInfo) {
            if (client) {
                client->sendWorldLight(lightInfo);
            }
        }
changed this to (0) and there is absolutely no light except ambient light, so this isnt it

Last edited: