• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

America 8.6 (DRAFT)

Would have been a good piece of map if you mapped it from scratch instead of copying real map respawns/areas but anyways its good to help with whatever you can, Might be useful for someone.

it seems small and underdetailed. if it was 3 times the size that would be something!

You just made a plain field and added trees and bushes and copy-paste a few areas from real tibia. There is like 1 mountain on the whole map. Feels like you are just doing it for the lols. Graphics attract costumers if you are planning on making a server with this map. It has plenty of potential but if you post it on show-off section when its not even near to be complete with mini-map only, not a single close-up screenshot of anything this is the type of comments you got to expect.

You just made a plain field and added trees and bushes and copy-paste a few areas from real tibia. There is like 1 mountain on the whole map. Feels like you are just doing it for the lols. Graphics attract costumers if you are planning on making a server with this map. It has plenty of potential but if you post it on show-off section when its not even near to be complete with mini-map only, not a single close-up screenshot of anything this is the type of comments you got to expect.

everything would be easier if people read and knew what DRAFT is

Why this hate? Not everyone think like you, in terms whether an art is good enough to be shown or not. Really arrogant.

For the post, I think it is really interesting, and I bet it took some time to overlay the continents, and even transferring contents there. I tried to do something similar in the past, but it requires great effort.

Keep it up and update us!

There is no hate, i said in bold that it has plenty of potential and then i just said what was on my mind about it. Even if its on showoff section I would like to have both good and bad comments. The good ones for whats good and the bad for what can be improved. Like all projects from most of the people who post something on this forum(me included) sometimes post in a very early stage(like this post) and there is nothing wrong about it, but if you do be prepared that not all comments will be about how awesome you are.

It all depends on who is on the other end. Can he take critizism or not and what will he do with it? How can I know that? Should I PM and ask before i comment? No.

Like I said, there is plenty of potential with the map, just need more work, like all projects.

And dont get offended that someone doesnt like your work - just man up, take the comment and reflect with the new knowledge.
  • Why did he say what he did? What does he mean?
  • What can i improve till next time i post a update on the project?
  • What should I not do? (like a zoomed out picture that makes everything blurry)
  • Should I just give a weird response and say that im butthurt and tell him go away?
  • Could I say something small at the very first post on what (DRAFT) is so i dont need to say that people are stupid for not knowing what I most likely learned 2 days ago?
If you are 10 y/o and made a wooden sculpture from school and show it to you dad, he says it can be better. Will you hate him after? Yes because you are 10 years old and doesnt understand that he tells you to practice more and find ways improve it - which would mean that you get better and more skilled in what you do. Conclusion: Your father is not mean to you, you just dont understand what he means - he just wants you to be the best you can be.

If he said YES MY BOI, I LUV IT. GO TELL MOMMY the 10 y/o will think that its amazing and nothing needs to be improved.

Of course both of these are bad in a way and a mix of the two examples could be the better choice.

Last edited:
There is no hate, i said in bold that it has plenty of potential and then i just said what was on my mind about it. Even if its on showoff section I would like to have both good and bad comments. The good ones for whats good and the bad for what can be improved. Like all projects from most of the people who post something on this forum(me included) sometimes post in a very early stage(like this post) and there is nothing wrong about it, but if you do be prepared that not all comments will be about how awesome you are.

It all depends on who is on the other end. Can he take critizism or not and what will he do with it? How can I know that? Should I PM and ask before i comment? No.

Like I said, there is plenty of potential with the map, just need more work, like all projects.

And dont get offended that someone doesnt like your work - just man up, take the comment and reflect with the new knowledge.
  • Why did he say what he did? What does he mean?
  • What can i improve till next time i post a update on the project?
  • What should I not do? (like a zoomed out picture that makes everything blurry)
  • Should I just give a weird response and say that im butthurt and tell him go away?
  • Could I say something small at the very first post on what (DRAFT) is so i dont need to say that people are stupid for not knowing what I most likely learned 2 days ago?
If you are 10 y/o and made a wooden sculpture from school and show it to you dad, he says it can be better. Will you hate him after? Yes because you are 10 years old and doesnt understand that he tells you to practice more and find ways improve it - which would mean that you get better and more skilled in what you do. Conclusion: Your father is not mean to you, you just dont understand what he means - he just wants you to be the best you can be.

If he said YES MY BOI, I LUV IT. GO TELL MOMMY the 10 y/o will think that its amazing and nothing needs to be improved.

Of course both of these are bad in a way and a mix of the two examples could be the better choice.

Bla Bla bla Bla Bla.....

You might have to rework the map after election.

If biden wins, you must make usa into a deserted landscspe with decaying cities and with rats, rioters, fires, bandits, looters, homeless, dezgaddicts and s on.

If trump wins, then make clean beautiful cities.

If biden wins, you must make usa into a deserted landscspe with decaying cities and with rats, rioters, fires, bandits, looters, homeless, dezgaddicts and s on.

Damn, i get more reactions to a stupid joke, than to my mapping. Mx mapping must be very bad or my jokes are not as bad as i thought. Either way: check out mx mapping thread.

it seems small and underdetailed. if it was 3 times the size that would be something!

I have to agree, I like the general idea, but the scale feels wrong.

Will scaling up and moving existing things into the 3x, 5x or 10x scale that would make things look better become harder the more things you keep adding?
Or is it as easy as copy pasting? Haven't touched a map editor in over 10 years, so I really don't know :)

Hmm, in both scenarios the cities might change: Biden winning will probably incite white supremacist call-to-arms from Donnie and power grab/fall into authoritarianism which might spark a Civil War; Donnie winning will probably cause even more unrest, at some point doing something to actively suppress them by force may incite uprising, ultimately also sparking Civil War.

In any case, it's important to remember that we are under the Trump admin and, while the protests and riots may continue under a Biden administration, they are nonetheless happening now, not in a what-if-Biden wins simulation.

One city could be of normal citizens who pay taxes and just wants to follow the rules, keep their jobs and make sure their offspring survives long enough so they can afford to pay old-folks-home for their parents

Meanwhile the second city could be in ruins full of bandits, smugglers and dirty cops. Just like America!

In any case, it's important to remember that we are under the Trump admin and, while the protests and riots may continue under a Biden administration, they are nonetheless happening now, not in a what-if-Biden wins simulation.

The timing falls under the trump administrations, its true. But i would say that it were the democrats who exploited the long standing problems of the american society (problems that exicted long before the trump administration), such as race tensions, democrat vs republican tensions, police vs civilians tensions and so on, in order to portair trump as a "chaosmaker" (a president who is uncapable of bringing peace and security to the citizens of his country) and portrait themselves as the "uniter", as a party who finally brings peace to american society which was so damaged under trump. The current riots are therefore a strategic tool for the dems to bring trump down, even if the cost are burned down cities and injured and dead civilians. A very sinister and decptive plan in my opinion.

And in the case this strategy fails and trump get re-elected, then he will be left with "scorched earth" america (riots and such) and it will further de-legitimaze him and make his presidency even more difficult. A win-win situation for the dems.

Anyway, I obviously prefer trump over biden, but its the wrong place to discuss these things. I think that the main problem is something i would call "the acceptance of the winner by the looser". In the past and actually in any healthy democracy, a party that looses accepts its loss, accepts the winner and works together with the winner, despite the differences. And the problem we see now in the US is that this consensus is beeing destroyed: Trump is not willing to become another "swamp puppet" and the dems are not willing to accept him as a president. And at the end this is the main conflict that is fueling all the societal conflicts in the contemporary america; the parties are battling each other with all means they have, awakening all frozen conflicts and spare no costs, just to legitimize the other party. And its the citizen who ultimately pays the price for the lack of unity among the political leaders, here in form of rotting and burining cities, hate crime against police, hate crime agaist the state, hate crime against each other and so on.

Thank you very much for your comments and proposals ... something that I am considering very seriously is to include a socio-political theme ... a bit of corrupt presidents and a bit of gerrilleros groups, etc.

Regarding the size of the map, I think that I will only include very few icons or monuments since the map does not lend itself to making them very detailed.

when I created the map initially I started with a map 8 times bigger ... but the shape about 250mb .. which was too much for me .. so I lowered it to the current size.

the actual map the shape was like 25mb. already with the cities and with the details increased to about 60mb

on the other hand I don't like only the map .. I am going to configure the quests, houses, depots, movements, UID, AID .. so that it is a playable map and not just a nice photo.

I will advance slowly (I just do it to burn time) but I really appreciate your ideas and comments.

Back