• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Caynez] I'm a cool guy, really

bSWsdg9.png

Old work
For Saiyans Return :)

@Bafku
If I remember correctly it was for albania74 (which is over, now they work on h-res project)

Last edited:
look cool for more RPG style than DB but still great creature design to some emerald/stone caves/dungeons :"p

/#edit i love the golden Dragon in your 'down description?' Can i meet him somewhere(game)?

I'm not sure, if I posted all of this here.
Sci-Fi Weaponry:
guns_by_caynez-d8enyn4.png

guns_by_caynez-da4h4ze.png

rifles_by_caynez-da4q2zk.png

And mob:
FCmkFbM.png

@Yellowhat
Soon. I'm working on Marshlands for EL.I might post mock-up once I finish it and they also need to allow me to do this xd

Overall I'm really looking forward for new types of pixel art, and improving myself, testing new stuff. I have a lot of ideas for upcoming time.

Last edited:
JzvGMFM.png

Saiyans Return
#update #androids
I will limit posting new stuff from Saiyans Return - we need some suprises, don't we?

I'm also sharing my process of making mobs :)
You can copy- and enlarge this image in paint, if you need. Check descriptions below
XRKZiiX.png

1. When I'm spriting characters, I start with quick linearts - I'm not so precise here, I try to "feel it" :p. Working further, I ensure character is drawn correctly in game perspective. I also try to make it look natural.
2. Head of character is moved forward (better pose). I lay down flat, my basic colors. Base>Darker> Lighter - my start.
3. I'm adding further color shades. Starting to work with details.
4. Adding more colors to have better transitions. Ensure there is enough AA.
Important: AA not only soften edges and help with transition, but also affects shape.

5. Same process. But here I have more variety in colors. I need to choose them carefully, they need to work well together.
6. I had issue with his red skin tone. I changed it.
7. Detailng.

In future, there might be more like this. WiP shots + short descriptions. I know, they aren't full -super-duper guides, but I believe it is, at least, little helpful or interesting for curious people out there :p

Good work showing the progress but dont you think you are wasting time with black lineart instead of making already colorful shapes?

Godamn it what a pack of weapons, loving it :D

Haha fantastic but I would agree with Erick. It's very fun to see how you work on your sprites, but not for your own sake.

I see it hasn't been commented yet, so consider this post as a thanks for helping me out, mate.
First look at the sprite and i can clearly say its a A-grade sprite, however, there are some things i don't like about it. But first thing's first, let's start off with positives.
I dig the cape and the way its shaded and you frayed its' end, that gave it a troll feeling of not caring about clothes, however, i dislike the idea of using so many colors, which i'm going to talk about later.
Another thing i like the most is his head, huge yellow eyes and a big, troll-like nose. Last thing i enjoy is the way you pick colors, red into pink and violet, lime gray-ish green into blue, bronze into purple etc, good job.
What i dislike about it is how many colors you use, it may seem that you used gimp or photoshop' brush to shade it. The less colors the better imo, but that's my opinion.
Cheers, mate.

I dig the sprite though contrast between red and green is annoying at least in this sprite, I think you should go with dimmer tone of green and shit would be gold :)

Back