• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Animated Sprites

Switch

Reaction score
Good morning dear forum friends!
Actually I'm trying to create a complex system, and I would like to hear your opinions to know the best way to get this system working without any bug..

The base idea is "animated spell system", when a player or a monster cast a spell, it does make an animated move. (As GLA, for example)

But here comes my doubts of how to do this in TFS 1.3

1- Which is the best way to add the animation in .dat?
1- a outfit for every animation frame
2- an effect with every angle & execute a verification (getDir) to use it?

2- How to execute the animations?
Normally area attacks goes by a direction, as example, a spear being thrown at the enemy, does have an area effect in a straight line, but, if it goes through 6 SQM, so it should verufy every SQM that the effect passes to know if it does reached an enemy..

Is addEvent the best solution for this? to calculate the animation stage & verify if it does reached the enemy?
Depending from how many animations, area effect size wouldn't it cause excessive memory consumption on the server?
Does exist any other option to execute an animation & combat in different positions without using AddEvent?

3- The best way to avoid animation bugs, like a player walking in the middle of the animation & etc..
A variable would be added within the creature class, as example:
State state = NONE / Walking / Attacking...
& blocking the player movement depending from each animation?

this might help you:

So the best way would be to use addEvent... ?

Back