• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anime Talk

I just started watching "Noein: To Your Other Self" last night.

It's pretty good. (I like watching Dubbed anime more often now, because I can play games while listening and just look at the screen when something sounds interesting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it sets a bad precedent for the industry. When fan service anime gathers popularity, and people that lack fan service don't really care about a good storyline, plot, or theme, then it sends a message that making carbon copies of the same type of garbage is okay.

If there's money in fan service, which I think there is, you can expect competition and not everything is quality. It's simple business, I don't think it sets a precedent for the industry. Sure you can call anime the industry but it's so broad I would say fan service is a niche targeted to the niche market.

Just recently finished Shokugeki no Soma. An anime I never thought I'd be interested in as it basicly is a Shonen based on a rather bizarre setting: An academy to forge the worlds elite chefs. Yukihira Soma (15 y/o) who has cooked at the diner of is father from a very young age on and has been cooking for the diner since a very young age, gets to go to Japans #1 Academy for chefs in order to polish his skills. Sounds boring? Well, that's exactly what keept me from watching it for a long time. Finally the recommendations of my friends made me watch the series and I would flat out give the anime a 8/10 if not 9/10 as it really is amazing and unique. In the academy the students are faced with challenges every cook will have to face at some rate and only the best, that is a mere 1% of the students, will graduate. Students are also facing off in a Shokugeki which is a contest of cooking where three judges decide which dish is superior. The winner then gets a reward that was agreed on before whereas the loser sometimes even is expelled from the academy.

Is there fanservice?
Yes, there is! Even in the first episode there is some huuuge fanservice.
Does it drag down the anime?
Imho: No. It somehow fits perfectly in and the fanservice mostly is just to show how superior the food tastes, and some good looking chefs.

I am eagerly waiting for season 2 and meanwhile I can just recommend you all to watch it!
It is just amazing how the cooking processes are animated and later, when the judges are testing the dishes, explained wwhat they are made of and what makes them so special.
Warning: YOU WILL GET HUNGRYwhen watching this anime!

OmbtE14h.jpg

0ENeHz4.jpg

3VUBZcO.jpg

gI3Oze4.jpg

Just recently finished Shokugeki no Soma. An anime I never thought I'd be interested in as it basicly is a Shonen based on a rather bizarre setting: An academy to forge the worlds elite chefs. Yukihira Soma (15 y/o) who has cooked at the diner of is father from a very young age on and has been cooking for the diner since a very young age, gets to go to Japans #1 Academy for chefs in order to polish his skills. Sounds boring? Well, that's exactly what keept me from watching it for a long time. Finally the recommendations of my friends made me watch the series and I would flat out give the anime a 8/10 if not 9/10 as it really is amazing and unique. In the academy the students are faced with challenges every cook will have to face at some rate and only the best, that is a mere 1% of the students, will graduate. Students are also facing off in a Shokugeki which is a contest of cooking where three judges decide which dish is superior. The winner then gets a reward that was agreed on before whereas the loser sometimes even is expelled from the academy.

Is there fanservice?
Yes, there is! Even in the first episode there is some huuuge fanservice.
Does it drag down the anime?
Imho: No. It somehow fits perfectly in and the fanservice mostly is just to show how superior the food tastes, and some good looking chefs.

I am eagerly waiting for season 2 and meanwhile I can just recommend you all to watch it!
It is just amazing how the cooking processes are animated and later, when the judges are testing the dishes, explained wwhat they are made of and what makes them so special.
Warning: YOU WILL GET HUNGRYwhen watching this anime!

OmbtE14h.jpg

0ENeHz4.jpg

3VUBZcO.jpg

gI3Oze4.jpg

I really loved shokugeki no souma and i rated it 10/10 because of how unique and well made it is. Can never get enough food-gasm :D It's one of the few 5 i have ever rated 10/10.

You know all suggestions are welcome, thanks.

What suggestion you want? What do you like etc?

Last edited:
I started to watch Classroom Assassination 1 day ago, A friend of mine suggested it it's my first anime. I really like it. so far.

No you misunderstood me, I was just saying thanks. I want series that aren't over-sexualized.
That is way too broad lol there are millions of anime that isnt over-sexualized. I also don't enjoy when there are huge amounts of ecchi involved because it feels very childish ^^

I started to watch Classroom Assassination 1 day ago, A friend of mine suggested it it's my first anime. I really like it. so far.

Enjoy your first anime :)
Here are some recommendations for your next anime which basicly never dissatisfy (if you like the genre/setting that is):

Action + Epic Story: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Dark + Mistery: Death Note
People trapped in Virtual Reality MMO: Sword Art Online
^ the better version of the above: Log Horizon
BIG ROBOTS + LETS FU*K THE UNIVERSE + MANLY SPIRIT: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Sport Anime: Kuroko no Basket
Cooking anime: Shokugeki no Soma
Fighting/Adventure anime longrun: Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail, One Piece... (you probably know those names xD).
Other All Time Favorites: Code Geass (let's take down the britain empire+strategy+epic story), Steins; Gate (1. Dr. Pepper is the drink for the choosen ones! 2. This is a slow starter. You need to watch atleast 8-9 episodes to start understanding more. Once you grasp the whole thing and finish the anime it's a masterpiece!) Cowboy Bebop(See you later, Space Cowboy!), GREAT Teacher Onizuka (former motor bike gang leader becomes teacher. No it's not lame! Never laughed so hard watching an anime. This is the anime version of the movie hit FU*K YOU GOETHE!)

Just finished the standalone movie to the anime Space Pirate Captain Harlock and it was trully amazing :)

393kBHZ.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished watching one punch man yesterday... man that was amazing haha. Also watched first episode of Cowboy Bebop but I higly doubt I'll continue watching it, and watched first 2 episodes of Samurai Champloo which is quite nice actually. Lmao just remembered I forgot to watch new haikyuu episode so I guess im off now..

/Offtopic- Just finished watching Interstellar... 10/10 , really a wonderful movie I must say. Its just a must watch movie and litteraly only movie that made me cry :'(
Also im open on some suggestions on what movie I should watch now.. Preferably sci-fi or comedy although it can be another genre ofc..

Just finished tengen toppa gurren lagan, 27 episodes, worth it. Really great anime
To this day GURREN LAGANN remains one of my Top 3 anime :) Watch the Lagann-Hen movie if you havent!
"The lights in the sky are stars."
30uxrhi.jpg

@Heon
I also dropped bebop at ep 12. I picked it up several times again. Never caught me.
Funny thing though: in borderlands there was a cowboy bebop easter egg where some friend died and to bid him farewell you coul choosw firework message from three options. One was: "See you next time, Space Cowboy!" :)

@To all you who love gurrren lagann, How old are you? No offense im just wondering because i thought it was very childish when i watched it :p

Back