• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Announce from server to discord

Pox

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there any people that would want to do this?
I've made a function to write messages to discord that is used to in my example, announce specific raids but you cant use it for whatever like /b etc.

If theres any intrest in this function I'll write a tutorial how to set it up.

1591619461007.png

That would be nice to implement awaiting the tutorial :)

I'm curious how you do it, a webhook?
I've done something similar which communicates both ways and can send w/e kind of info you want as long as you can handle it on both sides (here).

Cool. I've done similar functions for my server. What I did it just create a new database table and serverside throw in whatever message you'd like. Then my Node.js bot every minute fetch those messages and then deletes them after announcing them on discord.

1591631042778.png

I'm curious how you do it, a webhook?
I've done something similar which communicates both ways and can send w/e kind of info you want as long as you can handle it on both sides (here).

Yes, I’m calling the discord webhook API with Lua
Post automatically merged:

Cool. I've done similar functions for my server. What I did it just create a new database table and serverside throw in whatever message you'd like. Then my Node.js bot every minute fetch those messages and then deletes them after announcing them on discord.

View attachment 46432

Cool, that’s also one way of doing it 😄

I justhad a quick look at your bot Infernum, but it also works with database entries?

It'd be definitely worth sharing for the community.
I did something similar with a separate database and discord bot.
Worked with chat channels, admin commands, deaths, raids, etc but never got around to finishing it, as I don't really do any work on my server atm.

Back