• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Another issue with localhost/phpmyadmin

Java

Reaction score
Well I gave password to root and this happened:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

and I tried to restart the mysql serice and those stuff and that still happening. Also I tried to search the script of the phpmyadmin security and I couldn't found aything that could help me... So is there any way I can fix this without re-installating it?

Solution
In uniform server you should be able to change/set a root password fairly simple:
tZS5v5gR.png

Or click Restore default password if you have any problems accessing databases.
Nevermind I fixed it xP

If anyone got this problem here's the solution:

In xampp control panel desactive mysql and then:

Go to your xampp folder (C:\xampp)

GO to Mysql C:\xampp\mysql

And there's an executable named resetroot(C:\xampp\mysq\resetroot) just double click it and it will reset the passwords xP and tan taan your localhost/phpmyadmin is accessible again xP

When I had that problem I did this in mysql cmd window:
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' 
               IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;

I have the same problem with my XAMPP and when I tried to do what you said would fix it I just kept getting the same error message;

2q3ddt1.png

And also I am not able to turn on MySQL, when I turn it on through control panel it starts and 2-3 seconds later it turns off :S I have checked if another program is using MySQL port but it isn't any...
What Do you think could be the problem?

And also the thing it says about config.inc.php what the he** is that ? What should I do with it ?

In uniform server you should be able to change/set a root password fairly simple:
tZS5v5gR.png

Or click Restore default password if you have any problems accessing databases.

Solution
Back