• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another reason why I don't offer free hosting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otland,
Today I was given another reason, why I won't offer free hosting. I was just coming back from a party at my friends and was checking on Otland when I came home about 15 minutes ago.
What I saw was a new pm. Too bad I opened it because it is another example of our communities worst.

How to NOT APPLY for free hosting:
JDFh16K.jpg

So as you can read, I was asked about free hosting. Okay, let's say the person just knew I was into hosting and did not know I don't offer free hosting. Naturally what I would do when asking for a free host is 2 things:
1. Give as much details about my project as possible to convince the hoster.
2. Be polite.

This guy has failed horribly at both points. He did not give any information about himself or his project at all. The other thing which acctually sadens me the most - I could've lived with that if he were to send some details about the project later - is the rudeness of this guy. The first message was sent around 10:50. Within half an hour he sent 2 more messages as my reply probably took him too long (I have replied him about now --> 3hours after his pm). The last message indicates I might not be able to grasp the situation fast enough to answer him to his convenience which acctually shocks me the most. Is this what you do if you want to get something today? Being rude and impatient? Is this what you would do when applying for a job or some other serious thing? I think not. And if you do: Good luck with that!

Kind regards,
Damon

He is probably not that old. Just ignore the conversation its not worth spending time on people like that. :)

He is probably not that old. Just ignore the conversation its not worth spending time on people like that. :)
Well as I still felt an obligation to answer I simply declined his kind request in one short sentence.

Was he really smiling like those emoticons while writing that?

Hello Otland,
Today I was given another reason, why I won't offer free hosting. I was just coming back from a party at my friends and was checking on Otland when I came home about 15 minutes ago.
What I saw was a new pm. Too bad I opened it because it is another example of our communities worst.

How to NOT APPLY for free hosting:
JDFh16K.jpg

So as you can read, I was asked about free hosting. Okay, let's say the person just knew I was into hosting and did not know I don't offer free hosting. Naturally what I would do when asking for a free host is 2 things:
1. Give as much details about my project as possible to convince the hoster.
2. Be polite.

This guy has failed horribly at both points. He did not give any information about himself or his project at all. The other thing which acctually sadens me the most - I could've lived with that if he were to send some details about the project later - is the rudeness of this guy. The first message was sent around 10:50. Within half an hour he sent 2 more messages as my reply probably took him too long (I have replied him about now --> 3hours after his pm). The last message indicates I might not be able to grasp the situation fast enough to answer him to his convenience which acctually shocks me the most. Is this what you do if you want to get something today? Being rude and impatient? Is this what you would do when applying for a job or some other serious thing? I think not. And if you do: Good luck with that!

Kind regards,
Damon
WTF Damon. 5 words. Rest in peace OpenTibia community

Thats what it says. Maybe its 2+2=4 y/o instead of 22?

He probably added an extra 2 by mistake.
Anyway, we could hire him as an internet troll, what do you think about it? He looks well qualified for that job.

He probably added an extra 2 by mistake.
Anyway, we could hire him as an internet troll, what do you think about it? He looks well qualified for that job.
If you cover his wages^^

You Know Damon i'm sorry for asking
You make otlanders laugh on me?
i will leave otland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back