• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another reason why I don't offer free hosting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"WTF Damon. 5 words. Rest in peace OpenTibia community"
Exactly, Asking people to leave the community is kind.

"WTF Damon. 5 words. Rest in peace OpenTibia community"
Exactly, Asking people to leave the community is kind.
1. I never said leave OTland.
2. He decided to leave. Not us. :)

@Tarek1337 Don't know 'bout you but if I would get this comment it would feel like gtfo

Didn't point at you, just used your quote
I love OTland. But this kind of things destroy my feelings. "Free host plz 50% donations"

really @Damon ? Was this really necessary? Now loads of people made fun of this poor guy, because he desperately wants hosting but doesn't have the power to pay, I'd say it's YOU & everyone who joined you in the laughing who are destroying the tibia community my friend, I know it's a waste of time, and he prolly knows u DON'T offer free hosting, but you should know what people do when they are desperate. What if he DID work on a nice server & doesn't want his work to just go in vain? By your actions you just unwillingly (I hope?) destroyed this young man's future possibly.

Also I feel ashamed, because I actually thought you were a nice, helpful guy. And that doesn't mean you had to say yes, just a simple no and keep it private rather than embarrassing him on the forums.

oh & @Tarek1337 RIP tibia community, how fucking dare you? lol

really @Damon ? Was this really necessary? Now loads of people made fun of this poor guy, because he desperately wants hosting but doesn't have the power to pay, I'd say it's YOU & everyone who joined you in the laughing who are destroying the tibia community my friend, I know it's a waste of time, and he prolly knows u DON'T offer free hosting, but you should know what people do when they are desperate. What if he DID work on a nice server & doesn't want his work to just go in vain? By your actions you just unwillingly (I hope?) destroyed this young man's future possibly.

Also I feel ashamed, because I actually thought you were a nice, helpful guy. And that doesn't mean you had to say yes, just a simple no and keep it private rather than embarrassing him on the forums.

@Damon Did serveral threads about this. He doesn't offer free hosting. In fact he doesn't offer hosting at all anymore. He did before. You can find the last thread about this here

You all expressed your immature and childish opinions... Now I believe it's time this thread be closed.

@Red, @Limos

@Damon Did serveral threads about this. He doesn't offer free hosting. In fact he doesn't offer hosting at all anymore. He did before. You can find the last thread about this here
I don't really care about his threads dude, he shouldn't embarrass someone like this publicly on the forums. This isn't a nice joke, just like if you mess around with the support board, and maybe someone corrects you, you don't see a thread with your name on it saying please learn before you try to help do you?

@Damon I am disgusted with your acts, this is not funny, and quite frankly you should learn some manners. I know you have a good "reputation" in OTland here, but if you build it like that then to hell with your reputation my friend.

Woah woah you are pointing quite the finger at me now. I have always tried to be kind to everyone but there are also things I can't stand. And this behaviour of his was one of these things. I don't often go on the offense let alone confront people, but when I do, it is because I have my reasons. I do not want to exclude this poor chap from our community, however this might help him to learn that things don't work out this way. You are right, I have no idea how ambitious he is about his project, how much hours he has worked on it and if he has the money to afford hosting or not. However one thing I know is that it won't help him if he invests time in a project without being serious about it. Thinking things through, which includes planning on how to host his OTS. If he thinks free hosting is gonna work out for him that's fine but he should be learning to be serious about it then because getting a free host is even more difficult than finding a paid one.
Don't see it as me wanting to chase him out of the community but rather me helping him to figure out how this community works. Sending in any application without any information is the worst thing a person could do when wanting to achieve something. Additionaly bringing bad attitudes with him such as impatience and rudeness doesn't make his chances any better. Also I, as a host don't feel being taken seriously when getting such applications. All in all you could say the attributes that this guy lacks are the reason many projects don't get to be online or successfull.
So yeah, hate me for that if you feel like it @ghettobird . I've been around long enough to know one can't befriend everyone.

Kind regards,
Damon

You are joking right?
no I'm not joking, this is disgusting... I didn't know @Damon was someone who would make a joke out of a noob, yes that guy's a noob & everything but he doesn't deserve that. The only reason I'm posting this is to wake you guys up, if we build the open tibia community in that way then it's a fail.

Oh and before someone says he spammed him or w/e, he didn't embarrass you on the forums did he? I'm sorry damon, but this is where your "reputation" which you built in OTland without knowing how to make a server stops. And if it doesn't then I know your life is a fail my friend, because you are just that person who will give the kind face to the public, and then when a noob comes & asks for help he just fucks his ass, I hope you're happy with your stupid actions.

And please don't write long paragraphs to me, I really won't exert the effort in reading some bullshit which I know ain't true.

no I'm not joking, this is disgusting... I didn't know @Damon was someone who would make a joke out of a noob, yes that guy's a noob & everything but he doesn't deserve that. The only reason I'm posting this is to wake you guys up, if we build the open tibia community in that way then it's a fail.
But ruining his future? really? I dont think so.

Oh and before someone says he spammed him or w/e, he didn't embarrass you on the forums did he? I'm sorry damon, but this is where your "reputation" which you built in OTland without knowing how to make a server stops. And if it doesn't then I know your life is a fail my friend, because you are just that person who will give the kind face to the public, and then when a noob comes & asks for help he just fucks his ass, I hope you're happy with your stupid actions.

And please don't write long paragraphs to me, I really won't exert the effort in reading some bullshit which I know ain't true.

Oh my god really?
Damn you're butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back