• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Another thread removed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Yo wtf is up with this... Cb something just wrote to me about my thread beign removed?!

Why am I not allowed to post a cast system by Summ when eg. SlurpDerp or w/e his name is was allowed to post the masiyah datapack?
Is this rly what we have come to these days? Is it just a big joke that we arent allowed to "repost" things?
Seriosly...
PS. If anyone else wants the souce code just send me a pm if the mods arent mature enough to have a source code posted on the forum.

Even @Mark released the 0.4 revs and said that the rules about not sending it to others etc, was removed....
Hope this is just that cb guy that has a loose screw and not the full "team" of otland.

There is a pretty small support team in OTLand that helps many other ones unconditionally each week in this forum, and you seemingly discourage them on their unpaid and admirable task, but also me as an overseer of what happens in this forums. Besides, this matter involves more @Don Daniello who created the Support Team as well as the rules and benefits for them, rather than Talaturen. I am concious of the leaks of server distributions that we overlook, but your actions can affect negatively a member of the aforementioned team that our community should back up - I wouldn't like to see the day where a Support Team member resigns for the discouraging actions of other worthless members like you, who was not even able to give proper support for something you did not create. I can also name your malignant intention to bother Summ when you even quoted his username so he could notice your thread about his unreleased stuff even quickier, as I assume. I don't know how much can I reach in this case in contrast to the admins' opinion, but this was the most righteous decision I could judge on behalf the community of OTLand. I don't criticize the intention to share for everyone, but some of us don't create desirable scripts, codes and maps intended for everyone's property.

Let me search the opinion of other ones that could support this case. @SirTitan @Ninja @Summ @Limos

His "unreleased" my ass just do a google search.

And you say diffrent things now, you think slurpderp knew everything about masiyah? Yet he was approved to release the server.

The source code should be released here aswell, he aint even selling it anymore.
And why should a "helper" get extra beneits compared to memebers that have been here just as long? - eg rohan.

What u are rly saying is that things released by other members from other members should be removed - masiyah.
But things released by a guy who spends some time on the support forum should not be.

Ik there are more members on otland who has this system both those who bought it and that have gotten it from the br forum.
I can get that you remlve 0.4 stuff but now when that rule is gone.
Well its just power abuse from your side.
Maybe @Mark can give his input?

Stop quoting masiyah and Slurpderp that have nothing to do with this matter.

If you create a patch (you know what a patch is, right?) and specify a revision this system is for (and it was publicly released, right?) and include installation and configuration instructions, then sure you can post it here and everyone will be happy. If you miss any of the points I mentioned, your contribution is none and whatever you post is worthless. No kudos for you.

Stop quoting masiyah and Slurpderp that have nothing to do with this matter.

But it does, its the same thing, he released a thing that wasen't his, and was allowed and im not? And this system has been on the br forums for x amount of time, and masiyah wasen't released till otland approved it.
Its just the same thing...

If you create a patch (you know what a patch is, right?) and specify a revision this system is for (and it was publicly released, right?) and include installation and configuration instructions, then sure you can post it here and everyone will be happy. If you miss any of the points I mentioned, your contribution is none and whatever you post is worthless. No kudos for you.

What?! Thats what it is, pretty much a patch for 0.4 3777 with the cast system, I diden't release a basic 3777, and since when does otland care about what one member thinks about things beign released?

And another thing is, that he has gotten alot of requests about ppl wanting to buy this system, but he says no. And elf isent selling his anymore. Where should ppl get it?
Still you think slurpderp asked rohan if he could release masiyah?!?! Its just insane that you remove a thread about a cast system.
Probbly the cast system for 10+ has the same system just that its added to a higher rev. There is none for 0.4.
Eg. http://vapus.net/forum/227-distribu..._v2-cast-system-open-shop-windows-target.html

Don't come and tell me I was the first who released this, since I diden't pay jack for this. Got it from some br, who probbly downloaded it from somewhere.

The folder name was "[CS] Cast System2" Just do a serach for that and you will know that it has been released before me. And should stay released here.

The things are:
- you don't know what a patch is (http://jungels.net/articles/diff-patch-ten-minutes.html)
- your system is for 0.4, 3777 - that's the point, unless you make it super perfect, it's not welcome because it's for 3777
- Elf doesn't sell his system because he is not supporting it anymore, which means it's not perfect, which means most users of Otland will have more trouble than use of it

In my opinion. Stealing stuff is a crime, releasing something what belongs to others is one aswell. Open Tibia is licensed under GPL. If Autor makes his ots stuff public, he releases it under GLP aswell. But in this case he did not released it, someone stollen the stuff and did that on some other forums. Someone did a crime and only because others did, means not you can do it aswell.

And now lets be fair. If i would hack your pc. You got there maybe private photos(Maybe some retarded-fun pics that you want to keep secret, or some with girls... who knows). They belong to you, now i go around "google" and release them everywhere, on each forum and image site wich i have found.
How would you feel? Its simmilar case here.

Or why you are not alloved to copy "all" pictures wich you have found at "google image search" on your own website? Just for lulz?

Summ helped alot of ppl, he released many things, and you thank him by releasing something he dident wanted to release.
And you say "old members", it does not matter if member made his account long ago or 2 days ago, lets all be fair!
Some members are here for many years but did not contributed anything in any way!

A "Contribution" is not "copy paste" content from other ppl!

And about why other "stolen" topics got not removed? Really once my whole server got leaked, a server that was on beginning of otservers at top 5 for few years.
And some ppl was searching a team for my "stolen copy" of a server. around 4 diffirent server clones has been advertised here.
I was sad, verry sad about this. Not because i dident wanted to share, i was sad that if i would open my server again in some time, it would be nothing special, anyone who has just downloaded this server from somewhere would be at same possition in 5 min as i was after some years working on it. Good that my programming stly was that awfull, that some ppl dropped it after time, cuz they could not change some of my systems and so on.
All i want to say here, my leaked files was flowing around this forum aswell. And i dont care anyome of my old stuff, but i really dont like to see others in same situation as i was back then!

I personally dont want to use stuff from anyone, if he is against it.
Even if on this forum would be less stuff than on other forums, i want to be in a fair clean community of creative ppl who respect each others work!!!

P.S: Thanks for removing the topic! :D

Last edited:
What about the Cast System for 10.10 on the download section? Isn't that system the one made by Summ too?

In my opinion. Stealing stuff is a crime, releasing something what belongs to others is one aswell. Open Tibia is licensed under GPL. If Autor makes his ots stuff public, he releases it under GLP aswell. But in this case he did not released it, someone stollen the stuff and did that on some other forums. Someone did a crime and only because others did, means not you can do it aswell.

And now lets be fair. If i would hack your pc. You got there maybe private photos(Maybe some retarded-fun pics that you want to keep secret, or some with girls... who knows). They belong to you, now i go around "google" and release them everywhere, on each forum and image site wich i have found.
How would you feel? Its simmilar case here.

Or why you are not alloved to copy "all" pictures wich you have found at "google image search" on your own website? Just for lulz?

Summ helped alot of ppl, he released many things, and you thank him by releasing something he dident wanted to release.
And you say "old members", it does not matter if member made his account long ago or 2 days ago, lets all be fair!
Some members are here for many years but did not contributed anything in any way!

A "Contribution" is not "copy paste" content from other ppl!

And about why other "stolen" topics got not removed? Really once my whole server got leaked, a server that was on beginning of otservers at top 5 for few years.
And some ppl was searching a team for my "stolen copy" of a server. around 4 diffirent server clones has been advertised here.
I was sad, verry sad about this. Not because i dident wanted to share, i was sad that if i would open my server again in some time, it would be nothing special, anyone who has just downloaded this server from somewhere would be at same possition in 5 min as i was after some years working on it. Good that my programming stly was that awfull, that some ppl dropped it after time, cuz they could not change some of my systems and so on.
All i want to say here, my leaked files was flowing around this forum aswell. And i dont care anyome of my old stuff, but i really dont like to see others in same situation as i was back then!

I personally dont want to use stuff from anyone, if he is against it.
Even if on this forum would be less stuff than on other forums, i want to be in a fair clean community of creative ppl who respect each others work!!!

P.S: Thanks for removing the topic! :D

Well its not a simmilar case, since I would not have released those photos, or sold as Summ has. And a license dosen't come automatic when you post a thing on otland, so please show me that license. There is none.
And you can't compare a thing like masiyah(wasen't released by the owner) compared to a couple of exe edits that we're infact released or sold by the creater.
Respect eachothers work? Cmon.. he sold it, it has been released for a long while, ive had these files for over 1 ½ month. Just do a google serach for [CS] cast system 3777 and you will probbly find some br forum with a post from months ago.

What about the Cast System for 10.10 on the download section? Isn't that system the one made by Summ too?
Probbly is, but he diden't say it was Summs but if we we're to check the source code, it probbly is. Its just grumpy mods who thinks otland shoulden't have what others have.
I think in case my thread dosen't get reopend. Masiyahs and other things that have been released, that actually NEVER WAS EVEN RELEASED BY THE OWNER should be removed.

The whole thing with selling stuff is that you may risk it getting released. Eg. 5moogs or w/e his name is, he sold his evo, and it got released. Its unfair that a system that was sold and then posted is removed.
Why should a mod have advantages like this compared to then 5moogs or rohan and many more?

Either remove all or none!

Probbly is, but he diden't say it was Summs but if we we're to check the source code, it probbly is. Its just grumpy mods who thinks otland shoulden't have what others have.
I think in case my thread dosen't get reopend. Masiyahs and other things that have been released, that actually NEVER WAS EVEN RELEASED BY THE OWNER should be removed.

It does say that is Summ's Cast System on the post info, maybe he approved it?

Well then we have another one, either remove them or put mine back. Wtf is this?! @Mark

Dont call it yours, its still not yours! ;)
And basicly, you can make any mods for any open source project and sell them, as long as your code does not contain parts of the project(Those parts that are core of your stuff)(Im not talking about the interfaces).
So anyway, as long the autor has not released something himself, you should not release his stuff. And about example with your photos, even if i sell photos, im the owner of them, i dont need to make a license to sue you, if u use my photos for any use. Because im automaticly the copyright holder. In this case you are nobody. Even if i release my photos on web and i did not said that they are CC licensed or others, you should not use them aswell.

Dont call it yours, its still not yours! ;)
And basicly, you can make any mods for any open source project and sell them, as long as your code does not contain parts of the project(Those parts that are core of your stuff)(Im not talking about the interfaces).
So anyway, as long the autor has not released something himself, you should not release his stuff. And about example with your photos, even if i sell photos, im the owner of them, i dont need to make a license to sue you, if u use my photos for any use. Because im automaticly the copyright holder. In this case you are nobody. Even if i release my photos on web and i did not said that they are CC licensed or others, you should not use them aswell.

With "mine" I ment my thread not my code.
He has sold it = released it. And what does photos have with this to do? Its not even the same thing, a photo is something private, a code is not.
And if it we're as your saying, EVERYTHING that has been released that isent made by the poster, should be removed.
And also Summs system is already on the forum as above said.
http://otland.net/threads/cast-system-tfs-10-10.200144/

To me to have adapted all the code
And Summ for creating the system

Got a couple of loose screws?!
You have said what you want, you can leave the thread now.
Maybe @Mark could clear this up?

things that was released under GPL can be modified by others, and can be released under GPL, and yes code is property aswell! I waste my time to write something, so its my property. if i code something. If i allow something to be modified by others or i release it under license like gpl, others can modify it and release the changes aswell. But not if i dident wanted to release it and someone did. Selling is not releasing, i work at IT buisness, if i create codes/programms there, it belogs to the company who pays me, its not mine code. And if i would use this code for my own purpose i will get sued, its jsut logical. I dont know where ur living but im from earth, and there are rules!

If Summ wrote the code and doesn't want it to be posted on the forums, that's it and you should respect it. There's nothing more to discuss here. It should be common sense and applies to everyone and everything, we're not making an exception for Summ and there was never any exception for SlurpDerp (if the masiyah thread still exists, it's because we haven't been notified by the copyright holder that he doesn't want it to be posted here).

things that was released under GPL can be modified by others, and can be released under GPL, and yes code is property aswell! I waste my time to write something, so its my property. if i code something. If i allow something to be modified by others or i release it under license like gpl, others can modify it and release the changes aswell. But not if i dident wanted to release it and someone did. Selling is not releasing, i work at IT buisness, if i create codes/programms there, it belogs to the company who pays me, its not mine code. And if i would use this code for my own purpose i will get sued, its jsut logical. I dont know where ur living but im from earth, and there are rules!

Show me where the license is then? Just becouse you post it on otland dosen't make it otland > otlands license. Otherwise you have nothing to come show

If Summ wrote the code and doesn't want it to be posted on the forums, that's it and you should respect it. There's nothing more to discuss here. It should be common sense and applies to everyone and everything, we're not making an exception for Summ and there was never any exception for SlurpDerp (if the masiyah thread still exists, it's because we haven't been notified by the copyright holder that he doesn't want it to be posted here).

And @Mark then the other cast system should be removed too? The 10.x.
Its the same thing..

And @Mark then the other cast system should be removed too? The 10.x.
Its the same thing..

If it contains code written by Summ and he doesn't want it to be posted, he can report it and it will be removed too.

If it contains code written by Summ and he doesn't want it to be posted, he can report it and it will be removed too.

Its the same code? Either both should be remove or none? Its like saying elf wants 0.3.6 released as gui but not as a console, its the same code..

Its the same code? Either both should be remove or none? Its like saying elf wants 0.3.6 released as gui but not as a console, its the same code..

If it's the same code, it should be removed. I've not stated the opposite anywhere, nor have I claimed that it's not his code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back